Author Topic: "Limited Run Games" is Producing Physical Copies of Games in Limited Quantities  (Read 196810 times)

mrfoxhound

PRO Supporter

I bought a couple Limited Run Vita games and one of my games "Xeodrifter" has a perfectly punched hole at the Barcode. Has anyone else seen this with their games?

Photo: http://imgur.com/rxsuaUr
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 08:13:13 pm by mrfoxhound »

Badges

desocietas

I bought a couple Limited Run Vita games and one of my games "Xeodrifter" has a perfectly punched hole at the Barcode. Has anyone else seen this with their games?

Huh. Did you get that straight from LRG? Or did you get it from another online source? The only thing I can think of is if they sold a review copy by accident or a reviewer sold theirs.

Looks sealed, though. I'd contact LRG about it. Might've been a mistake.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

azure

Oh, and they tweeted this out this morning:

No! Now I have to buy something from these guys, how much of a pain is it to get a game from LRG before they sell out?

mrfoxhound

PRO Supporter

Huh. Did you get that straight from LRG? Or did you get it from another online source? The only thing I can think of is if they sold a review copy by accident or a reviewer sold theirs.

Got it from a seller on eBay with multiple copies that have holes in it. I'm shipping it back and ordered a different one from someone who has a good deal on his copy since he's trying to raise money to fix his car.

Badges

Got it from a seller on eBay with multiple copies that have holes in it. I'm shipping it back and ordered a different one from someone who has a good deal on his copy since he's trying to raise money to fix his car.
Yeah, a lot of scummy reviewers have been acquiring copies, "reviewing" it, and then selling the sealed copy on ebay.

mrfoxhound

PRO Supporter

Yeah, a lot of scummy reviewers have been acquiring copies, "reviewing" it, and then selling the sealed copy on ebay.
Thanks for the heads up. Now I don't feel so bad about inconveniencing the seller.

Badges

Looks like they announced some physical Shantae games :) (reversible covers)

Can you post a link, I cannot find any info on these and I am VERY interested!

UPDATE: Never mind, found it on their twitter page :)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 12:35:42 pm by bikingjahuty »

kashell

How many Shantae games are there?!

No! Now I have to buy something from these guys, how much of a pain is it to get a game from LRG before they sell out?

When I purchased Dragon Fantasy yesterday, I didn't have any trouble. That said, it looks like they sell out quickly. As long as you're on top of things you should be good. Or, you can rely on the help of others on here. ^.^

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

How many Shantae games are there?!

Including 1/2 genie hero there's 4

argyle

Man, I'm only getting the ones I'm interested in but lately I'm interested in almost everything they're announcing. :P Only upcoming game I'll be passing on that I know of is Thomas Was Alone.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

Sounds like the Shantae games will get a run of 6000 copies each.  Not confirmed, but that is the current number they are planning.

Possible rumor that Muteki will re-release Dragon Fantasy Book 1 with added content through LRG.

kashell

With those Shantae games, I'm guessing I'll need two web browsers open to snag both copies.

Also, Mystery Chronicle One Way Heroics is going to be up for pre-order on September 30th which happens to be a day I'm traveling. *sigh*

With those Shantae games, I'm guessing I'll need two web browsers open to snag both copies.

Also, Mystery Chronicle One Way Heroics is going to be up for pre-order on September 30th which happens to be a day I'm traveling. *sigh*
I'm sure some lovely person will grab a copy for you again.

6000 is quite a few copies.  I suspect they won't sell out too quickly.

kashell

Yeah. Or I can I just attempt it using my phone. It looks like a really fun game.

Yeah. Or I can I just attempt it using my phone. It looks like a really fun game.
The original OWH looks better to me than this port.  And it sounds like it is better from the reviews I've read.

I don't know.  The trailer I watched for the original looked interesting and I want to play it.  The trailer I watched for this one didn't look very interesting and just makes me want to pass on it altogether.  It's weird.