Author Topic: "Limited Run Games" is Producing Physical Copies of Games in Limited Quantities  (Read 199233 times)

devancowan

Second batch is live! Go get em! :)

NickAwesome

PRO Supporter

Just got an email that said both PS4 and vita versions of the games this week are still available and all purchase limits have been removed.  Maybe they printed too many copies this time?

desocietas

Just got an email that said both PS4 and vita versions of the games this week are still available and all purchase limits have been removed.  Maybe they printed too many copies this time?

The games will probably be gone after today or so. I wouldn't want to use the words "too many copies" considering how others in this thread have had issues with getting a copy of a game when it goes on sale. From what I've read, the numbers of copies printed are based on the publisher's wishes, so it sounds like the publishers were able to gauge the need pretty well so that folks could get a copy without stressing too much.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

NickAwesome

PRO Supporter

The games will probably be gone after today or so. I wouldn't want to use the words "too many copies" considering how others in this thread have had issues with getting a copy of a game when it goes on sale. From what I've read, the numbers of copies printed are based on the publisher's wishes, so it sounds like the publishers were able to gauge the need pretty well so that folks could get a copy without stressing too much.

Yeah, I'm sure that they won't last much longer.  But I am surprised since nearly every release before this one has sold out almost instantly for the most part (the larger print runs notwithstanding).  Specifically the vita releases.  I'm happy that no one here was shut out again that wanted a copy, I just thought the growing popularity of these releases week after week and scalpers trying to resell would mean no release would ever still be available more than 24 hours. 

dashv

PRO Supporter

Yeah I want Shantae but I know what's going to happen.

I won't remember until they are sold out. :P

argyle

Woooo!!!  I just won first prize in Eastasiasoft's LRG giveaway! I'm really psyched, the only one of these I bought was Rainbow Moon for the PS4, and I was starting to kick myself for passing on the others. I'm gonna give that duplicate to a good friend of mine who missed out on it. :)

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

Pre-orders for The Silver Case HD go up at 6PM ET today.  Preorder window closes on October 20th.

This will be manufactured to demand.  So no rush to order unless you want a low number.

kashell

Thanks to both turf and MrNikon, I was able to snag a copy of One Way Heroics for the Vita. I'm just hoping it's more fun than Dragon Fantasy.

desocietas

Woooo!!!  I just won first prize in Eastasiasoft's LRG giveaway! I'm really psyched, the only one of these I bought was Rainbow Moon for the PS4, and I was starting to kick myself for passing on the others. I'm gonna give that duplicate to a good friend of mine who missed out on it. :)

Congrats!!!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

argyle

Pre-orders for The Silver Case HD go up at 6PM ET today.  Preorder window closes on October 20th.

This will be manufactured to demand.  So no rush to order unless you want a low number.

Hrm, pricier than I was expecting tho I realize it does come with a lot. Still, this is looking to be a more expensive month than I anticipated, mainly due to LRG (2 Shantae games which are definites for me, Volume which I'm considering and a as-yet-unnamed mystery game). Does anyone know anything about this game? My main draw is that it's from Suda, but I know it's one of his earlier games. What kind of game is it? Is it any good.

...honestly, I'll most likely get it regardless because it seems like the type of thing I'd kick myself over if I passed on it.  :-\
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

kashell

Based on what little I read, it looks like a murder mystery visual novel. It might be worth playing for a change of pace, but we'll see.

EDIT: PC only. Nope, not happening.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 10:31:41 am by kashell »

Based on what little I read, it looks like a murder mystery visual novel. It might be worth playing for a change of pace, but we'll see.

EDIT: PC only. Nope, not happening.
BTW  The PC LRG releases will have their own numbering system separate from the usual PS4/PSV releases.

argyle

Visual Novel huh? That means the wife will like it, and I'll get the story second-hand from watching her play (while I play an actual game on my TV :P). Win/Win? ;)

kashell

Good idea. You can give it to her as a gift!

azure

Great news, I don't have to worry about missing out on a copy now.