Author Topic: "Limited Run Games" is Producing Physical Copies of Games in Limited Quantities  (Read 196807 times)

kashell

Their site has been updated with the 2 Shantae games, and their order date is Oct. 28 (10:00 am / 6:00 pm EST as usual).

Seriously? That's another day I'll be busy and away from my computer. I swear, it's like LRG knows my schedule and they're all like, "Mufufufufu...let's see you get through this one, Kashell!"

But, I was able to order One Way on my phone so I should be good.

I am genuinely worried that this might be the game that breaks Limited Run's servers. It's definitely the most recognizable game they've published and because of the allure around the Gameboy game, I imagine it will go fast.

Hopefully that doesn't happen. I really want to play these; they look super fun.

argyle

Their site has been updated with the 2 Shantae games, and their order date is Oct. 28 (10:00 am / 6:00 pm EST as usual).

Seriously? That's another day I'll be busy and away from my computer. I swear, it's like LRG knows my schedule and they're all like, "Mufufufufu...let's see you get through this one, Kashell!"

I've placed several of my orders using my phone so far. Heck, for Dragon Fantasy my wife & I were on our way to the beach. My alarm went off telling me it was about to go up, so I pulled over to the side of the road, placed the order & was on my way all in about 5 mins time. :P
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

turf

PRO Supporter

I've placed several of my orders using my phone so far. Heck, for Dragon Fantasy my wife & I were on our way to the beach. My alarm went off telling me it was about to go up, so I pulled over to the side of the road, placed the order & was on my way all in about 5 mins time. :P

I ordered the last ones from my phone while I was I was in a store getting snacks for Retropalooza.

I wanna say I placed an order on my phone in the middle of a meeting at work.

desocietas

Definitely have ordered from them through my phone for several sales while half-asleep in bed. For Vita and PS4 purchases, I'll have both pages open in separate tabs (while logged into my account), and add them to the cart on the separate tabs and then checked out. Haven't had an issue really, and with Shantae, I'm hoping the devs will allow for a good number of carts to be available.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

Definitely have ordered from them through my phone for several sales while half-asleep in bed. For Vita and PS4 purchases, I'll have both pages open in separate tabs (while logged into my account), and add them to the cart on the separate tabs and then checked out. Haven't had an issue really, and with Shantae, I'm hoping the devs will allow for a good number of carts to be available.
6000 each.  That's near Shadow Complex numbers.

I know the demand is higher than Shadow Complex, but it should be sufficient if you are aware at time of sale.

Why do you think these will sell out quickly?  What's so special about these Shanta games?

I am genuinely worried that this might be the game that breaks Limited Run's servers. It's definitely the most recognizable game they've published and because of the allure around the Gameboy game, I imagine it will go fast.

argyle

I've done that too. I remember telling someone that it was the most productive thing that came from that meeting. :P
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

turf

PRO Supporter

Why do you think these will sell out quickly?  What's so special about these Shanta games?

They're really popular because they are really good.  Plus, there's a $400 Shantae Gameboy game.  That doesn't hurt when collectors hear the name.

dashv

PRO Supporter

Wayforward=shut up and take my money!

I wish we'd see a Double Dragon Neon physical release.

kashell

I've done that too. I remember telling someone that it was the most productive thing that came from that meeting. :P

They better be thanking you for all of your hard work!

mrnikon

Well I helped a little on the ordering process

kashell

Well I helped a little on the ordering process

You helped very much. I couldn't have acquired it sans you.

kashell

Question:

Is the 3DS version of The Pirate's Curse essentially the same as the version that LRG is releasing later this month?

Question:

Is the 3DS version of The Pirate's Curse essentially the same as the version that LRG is releasing later this month?
I tried looking up the platform differences, they should be the same as their respective digital versions.

The 3DS version makes use of 3D mode.  That's all I know.