Author Topic: "Limited Run Games" is Producing Physical Copies of Games in Limited Quantities  (Read 196789 times)

Now if only they would get the ability to release Fatal Frame V.
Literally the only reason my wife refuses to buy it digitally.

kashell

The reason being LRG?

The reason being LRG?
LRG has expressed interest in publishing Fatal Frame V.  That seems more likely than Nintendo publishing it.

kashell

Awesome! I hope it happens. But wouldn't LRG require some sort of permission from Nintendo?

Awesome! I hope it happens. But wouldn't LRG require some sort of permission from Nintendo?
Absolutely.  Like all of the other LRG releases, I'm sure the original developer/IP holder gets chunk of the money.

kashell

Absolutely.  Like all of the other LRG releases, I'm sure the original developer/IP holder gets chunk of the money.

I just know that Nintendo gets all pissy when it comes to their stuff, so that's why I'm doubtful of it happening. ;__;

I just know that Nintendo gets all pissy when it comes to their stuff, so that's why I'm doubtful of it happening. ;__;
I agree, but I suspect that LRG releasing it is more likely than Nintendo.

argyle

Catch-up post. ;)

1) I was annoyed to hear the Silver Case news - wish I hadn't gotten the PC version now, but on the plus side I can probably sell it & recoup my money (if anyone here missed it and wants it for cost + shipping, let me know ;) ).

2) Very cool about Stranger's Wrath...wasn't this released for the PS4 as well tho? Or am I mistaken?

3) Glad I imported Skullgirls earlier in the year - Nov. is already gonna be brutal enough on my wallet.

4) I have been hoping for a LRG Fatal Frame V release ever since they expressed interest several months back. Nintendo let Gamestop reprint Xenoblade & Metroid Prime Trilogy, so why not?
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

kashell

4) I have been hoping for a LRG Fatal Frame V release ever since they expressed interest several months back. Nintendo let Gamestop reprint Xenoblade & Metroid Prime Trilogy, so why not?

Ooohh, that's a good point!

rayne315

Skullgirls Halloween release

Very excited for this one, love Skullgirls

Geez, between this and the Shantae games this site is starting to pump out some really high quality games!

wait when does this release? and how many will be made? all im seeing is the 2 shantae games and volume.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

desocietas

wait when does this release? and how many will be made? all im seeing is the 2 shantae games and volume.

Hm, according to their tweets, I wonder if the orders are open, similar to what LRG did for The Silver Case:

"We're teaming up with @LimitedRunGames to release a Limited Edition of #Skullgirls for PS4 and PS Vita! Pre-orders start next Monday, 10/31!"

"As an added bonus, if we get at least 10,000 pre-orders we'll patch Japanese voices into the US and EU PS4, Vita and Steam releases!"

https://twitter.com/Skullgirls/status/790678424377405440
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 02:30:32 pm by desocietas »
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

argyle

Hm, according to their tweets, I wonder if the orders are open, similar to what LRG did for The Silver Case:

Yes, they've confirmed this is a pre-order like The Silver Case was. So it will probably be up for order for at least a week or two.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

Yes, they've confirmed this is a pre-order like The Silver Case was. So it will probably be up for order for at least a week or two.

What does that mean, it will be like Silver Case?

Flashback2012

What does that mean, it will be like Silver Case?

As you're aware, the Platform/Console releases go live on a set date and you have a finite amount of copies made for those releases. For the Silver Case PC release, they had a timetable in which you could place/pay for your order. Once the order window closed, they would (supposedly) only print as many copies that people paid for. If they verified that only 1073 copies were legitimately paid for then only 1073 copies would (supposedly) be printed. At least that's how it came across to me when I ordered the game. I could be wrong.  ;)

I'll be waiting with bells on for this Friday for the Shantae releases and I'm sorely tempted to get that Oddworld Vita release.  :P

dashv

PRO Supporter

I'm getting up at 6:30am for Shantae. I will be one sad schoolgirl if I don't get myself a copy of each game!