Author Topic: "Limited Run Games" is Producing Physical Copies of Games in Limited Quantities  (Read 196811 times)

rayne315

Sale is live!
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

desocietas

hopefully flashback figured it out!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

Flashback2012

hopefully flashback figured it out!

LOL I did. I've got my alarm set for later today so I can be up for Stealth's release. I forgot about them doing the midnight release on the Black Friday sale but it looks like it's blind boxes which I'm not keen on. Oh well, that saves my wallet a bit.  ;)

soera

Stealth is live people.

Did anybody else notice that allegedly LimitedRunDoug joined VGCollect last month?

I noticed ._.

dashv

PRO Supporter

If you haven't heard.  They are doing an open box auction.  Sounds like you might be able to get some opened past releases for good prices.

http://www.mightyrabbitstudios.com/limitedrunforums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1039

Dammit! Again I missed this until it was over. Missed a chance at a physical copy of Rainbow Moon again.

The gamer part of me hates this bullshit.

rayne315

FUCK!!! There is going to be a OddWorld Strangers Wrath cover variant, that will ONLY be available at PSX. limited to 1000 copies (unsure if that's on top of the 4500 copies or not)..... if anyone goes will you please pick me up a copy? I will be forever in debt to you!
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 04:43:49 pm by rayne315 »

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

soera

They are going to sell some of them on the forums. Its just available there first.

rayne315

They are going to sell some of them on the forums. Its just available there first.

Do you know how many will be sold on the site? I really don't expect any of the 1000 going to psx to make it through the whole convention

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

Limeface

PRO Supporter

I saw this posted over on the Neogaf Limited Run Thread.
Quote from: LimitedRunGames
So I know this won't please everyone (I don't think anything will) but this is how the extra blue variants will be sold. Bear in mind that most people wanting it are completionists that want every variant and cover.

- 70% will be sold in a bundle with all three sealed cover variants. Again, most of the people who want the variant want all three covers, so this is the cleanest and easiest way to give them that wish.
- 25% will be added to the pool of standard copies and inserted into orders of those - meaning any orders of a standard copy could end up being the blue variant. If you get the blue cover and don't want it, we'll gladly accept the return and swap it for the regular cover.
- 5% will be sold in charity auctions on eBay.

The charity auction ones will likely sell for "market value" whatever that is, but your money will be going to charity, not a reseller.

If you miss out, see below.

Quote from: OrangeAtlas
Any chance you guys will sell off some of the extra covers alone that you received from Sony? I would love the blue cover but don't really need 2 copies of the game, especially since the blue variant comes with less stuff.

Yes, that's highly likely. IIRC, I had to order 1,500 or 2,500 covers to hit their minimum so they've got a surplus on hand that will come back to us in a few months.

Hopefully this means that nearly everyone should have no reason to be upset at this point.

So essentially if I'm reading it right, if you want a blue cover you'll need to either buy the bundle, take a gamble and order an individual copy and hope for a blue, or possibly buy the blue cover individually later.

turf

PRO Supporter

I think I'm out on the limited run games unless it's something I really want.  I have a full set of PS4. 
If you missed one that isn't Shantae, OctoDad, or Saturday Morning RPG, hit me up.  I'll see if we can work out a deal.

LRG is genius tbf.

Drives collectors to buy games that they'd never touch if they were digital. Some bang average 6/10 games.

Personally I was tempted at the start to go for a full set but decided to back out and just go for what I want.

Got Rainbow Moon, Volume and Shadow Complex so far. Really want Cosmic Star Heroine; and I might get Firewatch but that's about it.

I am disappointed I missed out on Saturday Morning RPG though.

Personally I was tempted at the start to go for a full set but decided to back out and just go for what I want.

Personally all their titles except both Shantae games and Skull Girls have looked like $1.99 Steam titles which doesn't necessarily mean they're bad, but certainly nothing I'd drop $30 or more on. I hope now that they're pretty well know and popular that maybe they'll be able to get more desirable releases in the near future. Would love to see both AVGN Adventures and Nidhogg get physical releases.

Flashback2012

LRG is genius tbf.

Drives collectors to buy games that they'd never touch if they were digital. Some bang average 6/10 games.

Got Rainbow Moon, Volume and Shadow Complex so far. Really want Cosmic Star Heroine; and I might get Firewatch but that's about it.

I am disappointed I missed out on Saturday Morning RPG though.

No idea what tbf stands for but I disagree on "genius". Then again it's no secret that I've long railed against their "service" to fans/collectors and think how they operate is bass-ackwards compared to other companies like Gaijinworks. In the latter's case I was given PLENTY of time to put in my order for all of their releases and have had ZERO issue getting them. No stressing about being awake/available at a certain time on a certain date hoping I can order fast enough to beat the rush of scalpers/flippers. It almost feels like they purposely cater to that crowd in an effort to jack up sale numbers because as their name implies "It's a limited run!"  ::)

Of course I might be a little aggravated with them right now because my copy of Stealth still shows waiting on USPS pick up from the 30th.  :P

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

TBF-  To Be Fair

At least that's my guess