Author Topic: "Limited Run Games" is Producing Physical Copies of Games in Limited Quantities  (Read 196859 times)

rayne315

I think I might have a problem

you and me both... I just think of it as an investment for the future. in 10 years when these games become the rarest of the ps4/vita collections they will undoubtedly sell for a pretty penny.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

soera

Got my copy this morning.

Flashback2012

I'm letting another one slide... I hope

I had it in my cart and everything.  I backed out. 

I would have normally picked up both versions but here lately I've only been getting the Vita release. I figured it was the same game on both formats and I've also been assuming the Vita releases work with PSTV though I've not read up or done any actual testing to confirm this.  :P

you and me both... I just think of it as an investment for the future. in 10 years when these games become the rarest of the ps4/vita collections they will undoubtedly sell for a pretty penny.

I just can't bring myself to regard items in my collection this way. I have PLENTY of games in my collection that command nosebleed prices now and I did pick them up knowing they would be scarce and difficult to find down the line (at a reasonable price) but I've never looked at anything I've added to my collection as any kind of investment. Not knocking those that do mind you, just saying for me I can't.   ;)

Tried the chili  yet?  8)

Edit: DERP...says it right on the page that the Vita version of Lone Survivor is NOT compatible with PSTV. Reading is hard for me apparently. :P
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 10:38:43 am by Flashback2012 »

desocietas

I'm letting another one slide... I hope

I had it in my cart and everything.  I backed out. 

Yeah, I slept through it because I just wasn't interested in the game... But hopefully folks who wanted it were able to get one!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

dashv

PRO Supporter

For the love of God I missed another one.

Really wanted this one.

I prefer the preorder and make to meet demand model like what they did for Skull Girls.

It's getting really fucking old setting the date then forgetting/oversleeping and missing out.

Then seeing the shit sell on eBay for 2-3x the original price just hours later.

It perfectly captures and promotes everything I hate about the current collecting scene.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 08:42:59 pm by dashv »

kashell

It perfectly captures and promotes everything I hate about the current collecting scene.

Well said.

Does anyone know why some Limited Run games sell out quickly while others are just sitting there?
For instance, Thomas was Alone was not that popular while Lone Survivor was popular.

rayne315

Does anyone know why some Limited Run games sell out quickly while others are just sitting there?
For instance, Thomas was Alone was not that popular while Lone Survivor was popular.

its a combination of item limit differences, popularity of the game, how many games actually go up for sale, and many other factors.

for example with lone survivor there were 3600 games made for ps4 and vita, only 3000 of those actually went up for sale. it had a limit of 2 per system per person. while your example of Thomas was alone had 4000 a piece, probably only sold ~3500 each (which already is above the lone survivors numbers), and only had a limit of 1 per console per person.

they only lifted the limit when Thomas was alone stayed on their site for 24 hours.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 09:33:20 am by rayne315 »

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

Limeface

PRO Supporter

Two more releases have been announced.

Aqua Kitty DX for PS4/Vita

Curses n Chaos for PS4/Vita

I've never heard of either of these games until now. Aqua looks like a Defender esque shooter. Curses n Chaos looks like a retro brawler.

desocietas

OXENFREE was just announced as well.  I'll be picking up that one  for sure. 

https://twitter.com/nightschoolers/status/817138998082551808?s=09
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

abe

Aqua Kitty DX for PS4/Vita

Oooooh Aqua Kitty DX! Awesome game.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

None of the three newly announced games look all that appealing imo. I'm really happy I don't feel obligated to get every single release they announce. So far I've only picked up the two Shantae games and Skull Girls. Speaking of, when is Skullgirls supposed to ship?

dashv

PRO Supporter

None of the three newly announced games look all that appealing imo. I'm really happy I don't feel obligated to get every single release they announce. So far I've only picked up the two Shantae games and Skull Girls. Speaking of, when is Skullgirls supposed to ship?

I think February.

rayne315

it says in the LRG skullgirls listing that they expect it to ship in January. but since they leave it so far open I don't know if it will be shipping this week or the end of the month.

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

For every worthwhile title LRG announce such as 'Oxenfree'

You then get some odd ones like 'Curses N Chaos' and 'Aqua Kitty DX'

Genius, games that otherwise might be lucky to sell 500 copies (I'm exaggerating somewhat), selling a guaranteed 5k or whatever.