Author Topic: "Limited Run Games" is Producing Physical Copies of Games in Limited Quantities  (Read 196835 times)

theflea

Thank god, I was able to get the other 3 on the 2nd release. Good luck to everyone trying to get a copy.
"Happy game hunting!!!"

desocietas

Thank god, I was able to get the other 3 on the 2nd release. Good luck to everyone trying to get a copy.

Nice! I grabbed another PS4 copy of Swapper in case someone on the forum still needed it. Glad to hear you were able to get one just fine.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

rayne315

There is now a Limited run games reward program! they are sending out rewards tickets with every game purchase by the looks of it. the rewards site is not currently up and running (goes up February 17th) but it looks like the tickets can be used for free merchandise and now for variant cover arts!
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 06:08:09 pm by rayne315 »
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

desocietas

There is now a Limited run games reward program! they are sending out rewards tickets with every game purchase by the looks of it. the rewards site is not currently up and running (goes up February 17th) but it looks like the tickets can be used for free merchandise and now for variant cover arts!

I got that as well in my shipment and like their new ecologically-minded packaging choice. My only worry is that it might make the boxes more of a target (if folks are aware of LRG's business, they might know how valuable the contents are), but I'll keep that in mind when I decide the destination address. The padded envelopes from before were a little more discreet :)
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

Anyone received their Skullgirls preorder yet?

rayne315

Anyone received their Skullgirls preorder yet?

they sent out an e-mail last month about it. it had production related issues and as such the production got pushed back. I think they were looking at a end of February early March release.

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

rayne315

2 new games are up on the LRG store.

The Swindle (Vita) | 3000 copies | releases February 17th
The Swindle (Ps4) | 3000 copies | releases February 17th
Limited Run #42 (PS4) | 5000 copies | releases February 17th | This is a placeholder as the title will actually be revealed Tuesday the 14th (valentines day) so chances are good its a valentines themed game, dating sim, etc. it is also posted orders containing this title will not ship until the first week of March.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 04:47:47 pm by rayne315 »

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

desocietas

2 new games are up on the LRG store.

The Swindle (Vita) | 3000 copies | releases February 17th
The Swindle (Ps4) | 3000 copies | releases February 17th
Limited Run #42 (PS4) | 5000 copies | releases February 17th | This is a placeholder as the title will actually be revealed Tuesday the 14th (valentines day) so chances are good its a valentines themed game, dating sim, etc. it is also posted orders containing this title will not ship until the first week of March.

Hmmmm what do you think it'll be? Hatoful Boyfriend, perhaps? Haha. I'm definitely curious. I'll probably get The Swindle. Not necessarily my sort of game, but I want to support the developer (Loved his work with Ben There, Dan That).
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

soera

There's lots of speculation on what its going to be. The general consensus of the LRG forums is either Everybody's gone to the rapture, Dear Esther, ROM 2064, and Lovers in a dangerous time space.

Personally, I would do a backflip in my living room if its Ys Origins getting a physical release along side the digital ... but hopes and dreams dont usually happen in my world :P

rayne315

whoopsie I made a dumb response so I removed it...
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 05:24:50 pm by rayne315 »

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

desocietas

There's lots of speculation on what its going to be. The general consensus of the LRG forums is either Everybody's gone to the rapture, Dear Esther, ROM 2064, and Lovers in a dangerous time space.

Personally, I would do a backflip in my living room if its Ys Origins getting a physical release along side the digital ... but hopes and dreams dont usually happen in my world :P

Oh, I can definitely see it being Lovers in a Dangerous Time Space.

Man, if only we could get LRG to do some physical released for some JRPGs... I need physical versions of the digital-only Ace Attorney games...
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

rayne315

Oh, I can definitely see it being Lovers in a Dangerous Time Space.

Man, if only we could get LRG to do some physical released for some JRPGs... I need physical versions of the digital-only Ace Attorney games...

man if only LRG could translate some Japanese only games and bring them to physical!

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

kashell

That would be swell if they did that, but I don't see it happening.

Maybe after they run out of obscure, indie games. ^o^

rayne315

Ding ding ding. We have a WINNER!

Dear Esther Landmark Edition (PS4) has been added to the LRG store.

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

rayne315

I forgot to give everyone a reminder yesterday. hopefully everyone who wanted the 2 games got them!

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully