Author Topic: "Limited Run Games" is Producing Physical Copies of Games in Limited Quantities  (Read 196853 times)

desocietas

I forgot to give everyone a reminder yesterday. hopefully everyone who wanted the 2 games got them!

Got the two PS4 titles :)
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

soera

Got Swindle and Dear Esther locked down.

Flashback2012

I forgot to give everyone a reminder yesterday. hopefully everyone who wanted the 2 games got them!

Wow. That was kind of ridiculous in how fast The Swindle sold out. I'm guessing the flippers/scammers were up early or something.  :P

I managed to lock down all three but my cousin missed out on the Vita version of The Swapper because he was messing around with that code for the Oddworld cards.  :-\

desocietas

Wow. That was kind of ridiculous in how fast The Swindle sold out. I'm guessing the flippers/scammers were up early or something.  :P

I managed to lock down all three but my cousin missed out on the Vita version of The Swapper because he was messing around with that code for the Oddworld cards.  :-\

I didn't even realize I should've added the code for the Oddworld cards this morning because it was so late last night when I saw the email and just kinda glanced over it. Hopefully the cards don't disappear before I have a chance to get them. Got the two PS4 games easily this morning but was surprised to see that they sold out so fast. Figured that people were feeling meh about both, but shows what I know, haha!
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

rayne315

can someone place a link for the rewards page? I don't have the tickets in front of me and cant find it.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

Flashback2012

I didn't even realize I should've added the code for the Oddworld cards this morning because it was so late last night when I saw the email and just kinda glanced over it. Hopefully the cards don't disappear before I have a chance to get them. Got the two PS4 games easily this morning but was surprised to see that they sold out so fast. Figured that people were feeling meh about both, but shows what I know, haha!

Luckily for him he has another chance at 6PM to get the Vita version. Still though, if they're going to disappear within minutes of release then MAYBE an extra thousand or so probably wouldn't be such a bad idea. Then again, trying to argue their business model is the epitome of beating a dead horse and I've done it so much now that the earth beneath the beast has given way and I'm halfway to China at this point.  :o

desocietas

Luckily for him he has another chance at 6PM to get the Vita version. Still though, if they're going to disappear within minutes of release then MAYBE an extra thousand or so probably wouldn't be such a bad idea. Then again, trying to argue their business model is the epitome of beating a dead horse and I've done it so much now that the earth beneath the beast has given way and I'm halfway to China at this point.  :o

It's hard to know how much they have control over. They say that they always push for a higher number of product, but it's ultimately up to the developer. Not sure how the business numbers break down when negotiations are made.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

shfan

Wait whut? Wow, totally missed today's releases, didn't even have a chance to look at them. TBH I'm tired of bog-standard indie games and Dear Esther is one of those walking sims, isn't it? So think I'm pretty safe there. Curses 'n Chaos and the Swapper are more the kind of thing I'd like :D

LRG just announced "Pang Adventures", aka Buster Bros.

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/834447673054736384

shfan

The Swapper and Curses 'n Chaos arrived today  8) This news is the icing on the cake, one of the Pang series was my first ever game.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 02:10:34 pm by ignition365 »

kashell

Finally some stuff worth setting the alarm clock for.

With the announcement of Pang Adventures, a lot of people were expecting an announcement about Ys Origins, but no such info yet.

More info!!!!
https://totallychoice.com/blog-post/were-teaming-limited-run-games

Runner2.  March 17th.  3500 PS4 copies, 3500 PSVita copies.
LE Version at PAX East. 1000 PS4 copies, 1000 PSVita copies.

Drive! Drive! Drive! (PS4)
Tharsis (PS4)
The BIT.TRIP (PS4 & PSVita)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 03:17:57 pm by ignition365 »

desocietas

With the announcement of Pang Adventures, a lot of people were expecting an announcement about Ys Origins, but no such info yet.

More info!!!!
https://totallychoice.com/blog-post/were-teaming-limited-run-games

Runner2.  March 17th.  3500 PS4 copies, 3500 PSVita copies.
LE Version at PAX East. 1000 PS4 copies, 1000 PSVita copies.

Drive! Drive! Drive! (PS4)
Tharsis (PS4)
The BIT.TRIP (PS4 & PSVita)

Oh sweet, some excellent items :)
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

soera

Im assuming the partnership with DotEmu is a step toward Ys Origins ... but I wouldnt expect an announcement any time soon. The game literally just released yesterday.