Author Topic: "Limited Run Games" is Producing Physical Copies of Games in Limited Quantities  (Read 198909 times)

thewelshman

I've been buying random LRG releases here and there and will be all in for the Ys: Origin, and Ray Gigant. I bought and platinumed Ray Gigant on PSN, but it will be great to own the physical copy. I already have Ys: Origin pre-ordered through Play-Asai, like a lot of us, but I'll be find with it and the LRG release if I snag them both.

i kinda hate that they dont randomly do "ReRelease" >.> bring back the more popular games they printed as physical copies back.  The ones that are crazy weird amounts of ebays...

Cause their certain games... i really cant get into and is bothering me that their a physical edition and only have Digital copy of it. 
The Mind is The Slayer of Reality. --- LoS

NickAwesome

PRO Supporter

i kinda hate that they dont randomly do "ReRelease" >.> bring back the more popular games they printed as physical copies back.  The ones that are crazy weird amounts of ebays...

Cause their certain games... i really cant get into and is bothering me that their a physical edition and only have Digital copy of it. 

Well if they did that, it would pretty much go against their entire aesthetic.  If they just arbitrarily re-released their most popular games, then there would be less demand for their future releases.   

Well if they did that, it would pretty much go against their entire aesthetic.  If they just arbitrarily re-released their most popular games, then there would be less demand for their future releases.

I think doing very limited releases would allow them to preserve the integrity of their business model, but still help people out that missed specific titles for one reason or another. For example, releasing an extra 1000 copies of Breach and Clear or Saturday Morning RPG is not going to make the game common or less desired by any means.

I think doing very limited releases would allow them to preserve the integrity of their business model, but still help people out that missed specific titles for one reason or another. For example, releasing an extra 1000 copies of Breach and Clear or Saturday Morning RPG is not going to make the game common or less desired by any means.

I agree, plus some people didnt know about Limited Runs when some of these games came out + it to fight against the Scalpers.... who wants to pay $200+ X.x for a game that was released for $50....

By randomly reprinting some of the games... it would make Scalpers more wary of those that have multiple accounts about buy 20+ copies.  And get the games to actual gamers/collectors not Re sellers.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 03:14:11 pm by lordsofskulls »
The Mind is The Slayer of Reality. --- LoS

guilty0fbeing

I have Pang, Astebreed, and Mitsurugi arriving today.

soera

Okay, I have updated the main page. Streamlined it and added a list of all the previous and numbered upcoming games.

desocietas

Okay, I have updated the main page. Streamlined it and added a list of all the previous and numbered upcoming games.

Awesome! I forget - were there numbers on how many PAX covers there were for Runner2 and if that was included in the total number of copies produced?
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

soera

AFAIR the Pax cover was limited to 1000 copies.

rayne315

AFAIR the Pax cover was limited to 1000 copies.

yes all convention "Exclusive" covers have been limited to 1000 copies. so OddWorld strangers wrath and runner2
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

abe

Thanks for doing what I've been too lazy to do. :)
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

guilty0fbeing

It was hinted that a new shmup was signed!

rayne315

For those that want them do not forget that Ray Gigant and Flint Hook release tomorrow.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

guilty0fbeing

For those that want them do not forget that Ray Gigant and Flint Hook release tomorrow.

I'll be on it.