Author Topic: "Limited Run Games" is Producing Physical Copies of Games in Limited Quantities  (Read 196947 times)

guilty0fbeing

I will cry if I miss that CE.

Flashback2012

I will cry if I miss that CE.

LOL I can't imagine being driven to tears (I know you're just using it as a figure of speech  ;)) but I WILL be quite annoyed if I have trouble getting the regular edition should the CE sell out lightning fast (which I'm expecting). I'm hoping for a CE but won't be too bummed if it's gone and I can land a regular edition of the game. I REALLY kinda wish LRG had not tried to lump another game on this week though. These $100+ a week purchases are painful!  :o

Since I'm in the thread, I imagine I can't be the only one who's managed to accumulate a small amount of the LRG shipping boxes. They're nice and all but I've no need for 5 of them. I'm hesitant to toss them out though but try as I might, I can't come up with a use for them all. I figured I could use one to house all of my checklists/cards/stickers/LRG swag in but that leaves me with 4 boxes that serve no purpose.  :-\

I guess I could use them to ship trades in.  :P

guilty0fbeing

I'm going to be there ten minutes early. Also, I'm swamped in LRG stuff.

I don't know if I will bother this week.  I already have Nova-111 digitally for PSN, and I know nothing about it.  I'm really trying to stick to not buying physical copies of games I own digitally.

Dariusburst is really only tempting because of all of the hype, but I'm still not a shmup fan.

WTF  Night Trap getting re-released on PS4 by LRG

3 separate covers representing each Sega release.

I'm in for all 3.

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/856936319146217473
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 02:58:08 pm by ignition365 »

kashell

WTF  Night Trap getting re-released on PS4 by LRG

3 separate covers representing each Sega release.

I'm in for all 3.

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/856936319146217473

Well I'll be...that's something I never saw coming. I'm definitely interested in that one.

Makes me regret, just a little, getting Night Trap for 32X.

BULLLLLLLLLLSHIIIIIIIIIIIIT.

1 of the 3 covers will only be accessible by redeeming 40 loyalty reward tickets.

I have no intent of purchasing 40 games (~$1000) from LRG.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 03:56:10 pm by ignition365 »

guilty0fbeing

I don't know if I will bother this week.  I already have Nova-111 digitally for PSN, and I know nothing about it.  I'm really trying to stick to not buying physical copies of games I own digitally.

Dariusburst is really only tempting because of all of the hype, but I'm still not a shmup fan.

Cool. I'm pretty big into shmups AND Darius, so it's a must for me.

Blue SCD cover and custom painted cover (Possibly reminiscent of the OG SCD cover) are the standard release.  32X Yellow cover is exclusive to the loyalty rewards program.

I'm gonna have to be in for 1, because there is no way I'll ever get 40 tickets before they sell out of the 32X one.  If the blue one was the exclusive one, I would buy both because I'd like a 32X version to match my 32X copy of the game.  And I'm hoping the painted one looks dope.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 04:04:45 pm by ignition365 »

guilty0fbeing

I'm a dude that just wants a copy of the game (and the soundtrack), so I don't care about various covers. The dudes over at the LRG forum are probably going nuts right now. Ive never understood that "must own all variants" collectors.

I'm a dude that just wants a copy of the game (and the soundtrack), so I don't care about various covers. The dudes over at the LRG forum are probably going nuts right now. Ive never understood that "must own all variants" collectors.
This is a specific situation for me, I wouldn't normally buy multiple variants, but I love Night Trap.

This is a specific situation for me, I wouldn't normally buy multiple variants, but I love Night Trap.

This is getting out of hand. It wasn't bad enough they are only released 2k to 5k, but now they are releasing cover variants too. What's next, character variants within the game?

desocietas

This is getting out of hand. It wasn't bad enough they are only released 2k to 5k, but now they are releasing cover variants too. What's next, character variants within the game?

They've been doing color variants for a bit now. I think the first instance was Strangers Wrath maybe?
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

They've been doing color variants for a bit now. I think the first instance was Strangers Wrath maybe?

Yeah, but one didn't require you to obtain by using their LMR bucks or whatever the hell it's called until now. I'm not going to lie, I hate their business model and I think they're doing more of a service to resellers than collectors, but I don't hate them enough to not buy a game here or there. The whole cover variant, including one you'd have to have spent a ton of money already to obtain is just BS imo.