Author Topic: "Limited Run Games" is Producing Physical Copies of Games in Limited Quantities  (Read 198974 times)

guilty0fbeing

We are almost there...

Fuck it.  I ordered both Nova and the Darius CE

Flashback2012

Fuck it.  I ordered both Nova and the Darius CE

Likewise. My poor Discover card is still smoldering.  :o

Also...where the flip is my games from the last sale?! I've not even gotten any notification of them assigning it a shipping label. :(

rayne315

wow that was ridiculous... darius burst CE sold out in under a minute...
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

Flashback2012

No kidding. I'm REALLY surprised I got one. I'm also amazed at how quickly the regular edition sold out. I've NO doubt in my mind that they could have easily doubled the order on that game and still sold out at both times.

rayne315

No kidding. I'm REALLY surprised I got one. I'm also amazed at how quickly the regular edition sold out. I've NO doubt in my mind that they could have easily doubled the order on that game and still sold out at both times.

it is only the second collectors edition ever sold on the site. I am definitely with you though they should have supplied at least 7000-7500 total games of it. but I think it was due to more scalpers than normal. higher initial priced games means more profit when flipped unfortunately.

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

Oh shit, hahahaha.  Shopify changed their process.  It used to be, once you added something in your cart, it is yours, no one else can buy it out from under you.  It worked pretty well at preventing checkout errors.  But obviously caused some issues with users not checking out and leaving items in their carts, this forces LRG runs to last longer than it would naturally.  This is why you could sit there on the site for an hour or something and still have a chance for it to come back in stock.  An item is "sold out" when all copies are "held" in carts or purchased.

NOW, the process is first to complete checkout gets the item.  This causes checkout errors where you'll get a message that says the order could not be completed due to lack of stock.  But it also causes products to sell out naturally, an item is only sold out once all copies have been sold. 

Apparently a lot of folks are pissed that they were in the checkout process of Darius CE and were getting checkout errors due to lack of stock.

desocietas

Oh shit, hahahaha.  Shopify changed their process.  It used to be, once you added something in your cart, it is yours, no one else can buy it out from under you.  It worked pretty well at preventing checkout errors.  But obviously caused some issues with users not checking out and leaving items in their carts, this forces LRG runs to last longer than it would naturally.  This is why you could sit there on the site for an hour or something and still have a chance for it to come back in stock.  An item is "sold out" when all copies are "held" in carts or purchased.

NOW, the process is first to complete checkout gets the item.  This causes checkout errors where you'll get a message that says the order could not be completed due to lack of stock.  But it also causes products to sell out naturally, an item is only sold out once all copies have been sold. 

Apparently a lot of folks are pissed that they were in the checkout process of Darius CE and were getting checkout errors due to lack of stock.

Hadn't they announced this for the last sale, too? I swear I read a tweet from them back then about how the carts will no longer hold an item, but now I can't find the tweet :/
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

Hadn't they announced this for the last sale, too? I swear I read a tweet from them back then about how the carts will no longer hold an item, but now I can't find the tweet :/
It does sound like it was already in place during the last sale, but Flinthook/whatever wasn't as high profile as Darius.

My coworker and I went balls to the wall at 8am. As stated in my last post I just wanted the standard edition of Darius and got one with 66% stock left (checked out in about 30-seconds). My coworker got the CE and after checkout they were at 20% stock remaining on that one. I think this might be a new record for a game selling out. Should be interesting to see what happens later today for the second batch.

rayne315

yeah I was just a tad late to the party (20-30 seconds after release) and because of the new system I was unable to get the CE but was able to get the base game which is good as it saved me a lot of money.

I personally like the new system, for one if the above info is correct then they eliminated the annoying issue where it errors out with stock still being shown as available. wish they would have tested it on more releases first to get the masses used to the new system.

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

yeah I was just a tad late to the party (20-30 seconds after release) and because of the new system I was unable to get the CE but was able to get the base game which is good as it saved me a lot of money.

I personally like the new system, for one if the above info is correct then they eliminated the annoying issue where it errors out with stock still being shown as available. wish they would have tested it on more releases first to get the masses used to the new system.
The new system was put in place by Shopify, not LRG.  LRG had no choice in the matter.

desocietas

Also...where the flip is my games from the last sale?! I've not even gotten any notification of them assigning it a shipping label. :(

Just got my notification today at 10:42a, fyi.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

My notification came in last night.  In theory they are also sending me the corrected cover for Dear Esther.

desocietas

My notification came in last night.  In theory they are also sending me the corrected cover for Dear Esther.

I missed that, did something happen with the Dear Esther cover? I ordered that one earlier.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas