Author Topic: "Limited Run Games" is Producing Physical Copies of Games in Limited Quantities  (Read 199322 times)

soera

Got my Furi this morning.

desocietas

Got my Furi this morning.

Thought I'd try for the soundtrack bundle and was able to snag one this afternoon, easy peesy.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

rayne315

moved into the proper thread... these are all the upcoming releases for LRG. bold are new additions to the list.

- Night Trap PS4
- Rabi - Ribi PS4/Vita
- Cosmic Star Heroine PS4/Vita
- YIIK: A Post-Modern RPG PS4/Vita
- Drive! Drive! Drive! PS4
- Tharsis PS4
- The BIT.TRIP PS4/Vita
- Sundered PS4
- Nuclear Throne
- Salt and Sanctuary
- Plague Road
- Sharin no Kuni
- Battle Princess Madelyn
- Volume
- Forma.8
- Oceanhorn
- VA-11 Hall-A
- 2064 Read Only Memories
- Kero Blaster
- Momodora
- Croixleur Sigma
- Mercenary Kings
- Aaero
- Ghost Blade HD
- Claire
- Layers of Fear
- Rive
- Home
- The Bunker
- Factotum 90
- Jotun
- The Flame in the Flood
- Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap
- Ys Origins
[/s]

EDIT: nobody will ever see this again but I crossed out items that have released/ are listed for current releases.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 03:38:19 pm by rayne315 »
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

soera

I cant wait to add to this ... Ive personally been working on getting at least one game signed through LRG and going to feel great when its done (Im sworn to secrecy so dont ask). I also have 100% confirmation from another company that another amazing title is coming to LRG. And you left off Ys Origins!  :'(

rayne315

I cant wait to add to this ... Ive personally been working on getting at least one game signed through LRG and going to feel great when its done (Im sworn to secrecy so dont ask). I also have 100% confirmation from another company that another amazing title is coming to LRG. And you left off Ys Origins!  :'(

lol I just copied down their upcoming releases section. but I will add it into the above list

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

Lawbreakers physical just announced.  Ps4 and pc.

PC is preorder CE.

PS4 will be up in early August with 5000 copies.  CE will be available.

I actually asked CliffyB about this and they seemed very hesitant because the game is online only and that folks wouldn't want a physical... which I kind of agree with.  But it seems they are going ahead with it.  5,000 seems like a lot of copies.  I'm in for a PS4 CE though because I'll support my boy CliffyB.

July 7th is
Bard's Gold (PS4/Vita) - 2800 copies each
Rive (PS4) - 3800 copies

August 4th is
Lawbreakers (PS4) - 5000 copies (No statement on how many PS4 CEs there will be.)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 01:20:32 pm by ignition365 »

rayne315

I actually asked CliffyB about this and they seemed very hesitant because the game is online only and that folks wouldn't want a physical... which I kind of agree with.  But it seems they are going ahead with it.  5,000 seems like a lot of copies.  I'm in for a PS4 CE though because I'll support my boy CliffyB.

August 4th is
Lawbreakers (PS4) - 5000 copies (No statement on how many PS4 CEs there will be.)

They added the PS4 CE and its listed at 2500 available.

I personally am unsure of if i even want to pick it up or not... the chances of me wanting to play it within the first year of me owning it is extremely low so chances are great that I will never get to play it while the servers are still functioning.

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

Crazy how much Limited Run Games has grown..

soera

Bard's gold, Rive, and some Oddworld vinyl is live as of this posting.

I secured my PS4 titles again.

I wasn't planning on getting anything today, but I decided to get Rive because why not.

rayne315

got both of them. im still up in the air on if in going to get law breakers next month...

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

soera

Lawbreakers was a heated argument on the forums. I put in my 10 cents on the discussion. Does anyone here feel the same about preserving online only games? I feel they should get the same opportunity as other games.

Flashback2012

Almost forgot about these this morning because I was drowsy from staying up too late.  :P

I don't care about the numbering and such.  But I do in fact feel weird about buying a physical disc of a game that may not be playable ten years from now.  Now if the gameplay isn't tied to servers and such or you can play splitscreen or LAN play, then maybe.  I'd still do neither personally, and I'll probably never play the game.

I don't know.  I loved UT growing up and I have a special place in my heart for Cliffy B and what he does, so I wanna show my support.  But where I'm at in my life, I have no interest in playing games like UT.  UT in my youth was fun because I was playing friends/classmates.  I don't have that anymore, so it is not in my interests.

shfan

Even coming late to the party I managed to get Rive in the basket and got all the way to checkout... then looked again at the postage cost. $15 international? Closed the window. TBH Play Asia's system is even worse than LR's, but the actual quality of products (soundtrack, presentation box) coupled with under £5 postage to the UK makes them infinitely more interesting than LR's at the minute.