Author Topic: "Limited Run Games" is Producing Physical Copies of Games in Limited Quantities  (Read 198951 times)

« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 03:44:27 pm by jce3000gt »

rayne315

I'm super crushed I had to work when Oceanhorn went on sale.  I'm so pissed off I won't get one.  UGH!

You're always welcome to mention that you'd buy a copy off someone who's willing to snag one for you. I've done this for other VGC forum members before. We can't help you if you don't give us notice :P

Thank you for the offer.  I wasn't expecting to not be able to login and buy them today at work.  Looks like they are now limited to 1 copy per person on this final shipment.  :(

I only buy the ps4 versions of LRG releases. so if you want the vita version I can pick it up for you at cost. just keep in mind that the game is not slated to be released until mid august. just let me know before 4 pm. CST (1:15 hours) if you want it.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 03:46:44 pm by rayne315 »
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 03:44:15 pm by jce3000gt »

rayne315

I'm super crushed I had to work when Oceanhorn went on sale.  I'm so pissed off I won't get one.  UGH!

You're always welcome to mention that you'd buy a copy off someone who's willing to snag one for you. I've done this for other VGC forum members before. We can't help you if you don't give us notice :P

Thank you for the offer.  I wasn't expecting to not be able to login and buy them today at work.  Looks like they are now limited to 1 copy per person on this final shipment.  :(

I only buy the ps4 versions of LRG releases. so if you want the vita version I can pick it up for you at cost. just keep in mind that the game is not slated to be released until mid august. just let me know before 4 pm. CST (1:15 hours) if you want it.

Thanks for the offer, much apperciated.  I want the PS4 version as well so I can play it.  :D  About to have to dive back in to work again so I'm hoping I can get away @ the buying time.

alright good luck to you then. I don't know what your work is but you might be able to go "to the bathroom" just long enough to get it.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

desocietas

I haven't been buying the games recently at all, so the limit 1 wouldn't be a bother for me, haha. But yeah, usually in the afternoon wave, they limit the purchases.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

NickAwesome

PRO Supporter

Tried to get oceanhorn and got shut out... snagged one copy of plague road though.  Oh well, I'm impressed my shitty wifi over here allowed me to get anything.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 03:44:00 pm by jce3000gt »

Limeface

PRO Supporter

Anyone get an extra Vita copy of Plague Road or Oceanhorn? I had no luck.

desocietas

Any specific reason why?

I realized I was buying some of them just for collection purposes but knew I wouldn't play them. Also some of the titles have meh reviews or just are the sort of games I'm into general (roguelikes, shmups, platformers, horror, etc.).

Same thing happened with Kickstarter - threw money at everything just to realize that I didn't actually care in the end about the final product and had spent a lot of money. Happy to get that Ys Origins when it comes out. Just trying to be more discerning about what I spend money on since I already don't have room to store the items I already own :)
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

Any specific reason why?

I realized I was buying some of them just for collection purposes but knew I wouldn't play them. Also some of the titles have meh reviews or just are the sort of games I'm into general (roguelikes, shmups, platformers, horror, etc.).

Same thing happened with Kickstarter - threw money at everything just to realize that I didn't actually care in the end about the final product and had spent a lot of money. Happy to get that Ys Origins when it comes out. Just trying to be more discerning about what I spend money on since I already don't have room to store the items I already own :)
This is why I have been staying away from Kickstarter in general.  Throwing too much money around and the few games that have come out of it have been pretty disappointing.  None of these KS games have solid QA.

I need to cut down on LRG as well.

Dissappointed with LRG.

I haven't tried to get them all but I've gotten the ones I've wanted until this one.

I could have sworn previously once you put the items in your basket you had a certain time frame to checkout, with your items being reserved.

However with Ocean Horn, by the time I'd filled in my details, it was sold out.

Absolutely ridiculous that something like that can happen.

Also allowing people to buy two of everything? Why? So people can scalp!?

Not very happy at all.

Dissappointed with LRG.

I haven't tried to get them all but I've gotten the ones I've wanted until this one.

I could have sworn previously once you put the items in your basket you had a certain time frame to checkout, with your items being reserved.

Not very happy at all.
They did away with that system a while back... mind you it was Shopify who did away with it, not LRG.

There are tons of folks who buy 2 so they can keep one sealed, but yeah, the majority is probably scalpers.

Oceanhorn definitely had too small of a run, it needed closer to 5000.

Flashback2012

Dissappointed with LRG.

Not very happy at all.

That would aggravate me to no end. Sorry that it happened to you.  :(

I watched the Plague Road release sell out like crazy for the 10AM release so I figured that was the hot title of the two.  :-X

I know I'm flailing on a very dead horse at this point but I wouldn't mind if they would fix their business model somewhat to allow for maybe an encore run of hot titles or something to that effect.  :P

« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 03:43:18 pm by jce3000gt »

telly

I know I'm flailing on a very dead horse at this point but I wouldn't mind if they would fix their business model somewhat to allow for maybe an encore run of hot titles or something to that effect.  :P

^ This. 

Or at least allow a slightly higher total stock.  3,000 for the entire planet Earth?  Not enough.  You can have 5k or 7.5k and still be considered "limited run".  But I'm new to this scene of LRG so I'm sure this is a dead horse that's been beaten over and over.

Heh, I know I've voiced my complaints numerous times as well  ::)
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery