Author Topic: "Limited Run Games" is Producing Physical Copies of Games in Limited Quantities  (Read 196958 times)

rayne315

I know I'm flailing on a very dead horse at this point but I wouldn't mind if they would fix their business model somewhat to allow for maybe an encore run of hot titles or something to that effect.  :P

^ This. 

Or at least allow a slightly higher total stock.  3,000 for the entire planet Earth?  Not enough.  You can have 5k or 7.5k and still be considered "limited run".  But I'm new to this scene of LRG so I'm sure this is a dead horse that's been beaten over and over.

Heh, I know I've voiced my complaints numerous times as well  ::)

the only thing I can say on this subject is that the developers do not sign exclusivity deals with LRG. if they truly wanted to and were impressed with the sales on LRG's platform they could go to a different publisher and have it re-printed.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

telly

Well, these games are sometimes available at play asia and other places too. Solder, Wonderboy, lots of titles are available outside of LRG.

But for all the other games, time will tell. But it's been almost two years now and such a thing hasn't happened.
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

Well, these games are sometimes available at play asia and other places too. Solder, Wonderboy, lots of titles are available outside of LRG.

But for all the other games, time will tell. But it's been almost two years now and such a thing hasn't happened.
There are quite a few games that could justify a second run somewhere else... but most couldn't.

rayne315

a few games were updated with release dates and 1 more game was added for PS4 & Vita.

Wonder Boy | August 4th
Law Breakers | August 4th
The Bunker | August 11th
Night Trap | August 11th
Lili (PS4) | August 18th | $25 | 2900 copies
Lili Limited Edition (Ps4) | August 18th | $40 | 1900 copies

EDIT: Whoopsie-doodles I have been informed that I made a mistake in posting lili as both vita and ps4 releases. they are both ps4 versions with one being an LE.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 10:41:50 am by rayne315 »

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

telly

a few games were updated with release dates and 1 more game was added for PS4 & Vita.

Wonder Boy | August 4th
The Bunker | August 11th
Night Trap | August 11th
Lili (Vita) | August 18th | $25 | 2900 copies

And Ys Origins is the 25th IIRC
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

Wonder Boy | August 4th
The Bunker | August 11th
Night Trap | August 11th
Lili (Vita) | August 18th | $25 | 2900 copies
Lili is PS4 only.

I believe there are unannounced games releasing on the 18th and 25th as well, alongside the previously announced releases.

18th is dubbed a "classic" and the 25th is mentioned being an RPG.

So far I want every game this month, but I'm probably going to pass on quite a few CEs because of the price and needing to stop doing CEs and I'm probably going to pass on Lawbreakers because I know I'd never play it.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 11:09:21 am by ignition365 »

argyle

There are tons of folks who buy 2 so they can keep one sealed, but yeah, the majority is probably scalpers.

That's not even a legit reason IMO. Besides the fact that keeping the game sealed is a choice, you could always buy the game digitally to play.

But regardless. I wanted Oceanhorn & Plague Road, but passed on both because my gaming budget was low at the time. I'll survive. I've considered Night Trap but will probably pass. Wonder Boy I'm getting from Play-Asia, where I won't have to fight for it. ;)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

All copies of Lawbreakers (SE and CE) will come with a download code for the game (presumably PS4) so you can play the game "immediately" without having to wait for the physical to come in the mail.

I'm in for a SE copy now.

shfan

But I'm new to this scene of LRG so I'm sure this is a dead horse that's been beaten over and over.

So hard that it's become paste and is trickling down the street, they've no intention of changing, unfortunately, it 'works' for them so they're just going to keep on going.

Their story is that the devs decide how many (few) copies are produced, but I'd love to know why developers would rather produce and sell fewer copies and make less money when these sell out so quickly. But yeah, expired equine.

All copies of Lawbreakers (SE and CE) will come with a download code for the game (presumably PS4) so you can play the game "immediately" without having to wait for the physical to come in the mail.

I'm in for a SE copy now.
SE codes won't be sent until the 10th or 11th, so now I'm back out on this game.

Just Wonderboy for me.

turf

PRO Supporter

Got my Wonderboy.
That was tense for a minute. I'm glad I quit buying all of these.

rayne315

dang that was quick. wonder boy sold out both the SE and CE in under 2 minutes...
in the same time frame law breakers was collectively at 70% remaining...

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

ferraroso

Screw Limited Run games!
I've waited so long to get Wonder Boy, I clicked to buy the game at the very moment that the counter reached zero, I waited your freaking website find a place for me in the line to check out or some bullshit like this and, nevertheless, I wasn't able to make the buy the game because it was sold out while I was waiting in the damn line that your stupid poor servers put me in!

Screw this website and their shitty business ideas!!!

dashv

PRO Supporter

Screw Limited Run games!
I've waited so long to get Wonder Boy, I clicked to buy the game at the very moment that the counter reached zero, I waited your freaking website find a place for me in the line to check out or some bullshit like this and, nevertheless, I wasn't able to make the buy the game because it was sold out while I was waiting in the damn line that your stupid poor servers put me in!

I was also not as lucky.

I got up at 6:30am to get my Wonderboy Special Edition purchase in and was rejected at 7:03 because it sold out while I was clicking through paypal!!!!

:(

Very sad because I've been anticipating this since it was announced!

I hope this isn't a preview of the disappointment I can expect when Night Trap drops next week.

telly

Screw Limited Run games!

At least Wonder Boy is available in an English/Chinese release via Play Asia so you can get it through there :)

http://www.play-asia.com/wonder-boy-the-dragons-trap-multi-language/13/70b4g3

I agree though man, it sucks to miss out on it. Hopefully you can grab one at 6pm too, there is another window available.
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)