Author Topic: "Limited Run Games" is Producing Physical Copies of Games in Limited Quantities  (Read 196979 times)

Wonderboy is STILL AVAILABLE in both SE and CE... but you have to buy BOTH WB and Lawbreakers.

LRG pulled a Gamestop and is forcing you to buy Lawbreakers because they realized folks aren't buying it by itself.

ferraroso

I was also not as lucky.

I got up at 6:30am to get my Wonderboy Special Edition purchase in and was rejected at 7:03 because it sold out while I was clicking through paypal!!!!

:(

Very sad because I've been anticipating this since it was announced!

I hope this isn't a preview of the disappointment I can expect when Night Trap drops next week.

It shouldn't be a matter of luck, I am a costumer who was willing to give them US$64.99 in a product. I was on their website at the exact moment the product was put on sale, I was sent to the check out section and than they told me that the game became unavailable while I was expecting on the line.
This is the ONLY game I've EVER wanted to purchase from them through this system (that I've always judged to be unfair) and that's what I got from them. Screw Limited Run Games and this stupid system of selling things!

telly

Wonderboy is STILL AVAILABLE in both SE and CE... but you have to buy BOTH WB and Lawbreakers.

LRG pulled a Gamestop and is forcing you to buy Lawbreakers because they realized folks aren't buying it by itself.

Nice, jack up the price and force you to buy a game you don't want...  >:( :-\
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

dashv

PRO Supporter

I love Cliffy B. But I have zero interest in multi-player only FPS's. Not knocking those that love em. It looks like a great game. I just fear the servers going dark or empty and then I just have an expensive coaster.

I love Cliffy B. But I have zero interest in multi-player only FPS's. Not knocking those that love em. It looks like a great game. I just fear the servers going dark or empty and then I just have an expensive coaster.
I wouldn't question buying the game is there was some sort of offline mode.  Splitscreen, local network play, bots, tutorials, story mode, etc.  Give me something offline and I'd consider it.

ferraroso

We need to stop accepting this kind of unfair treatment buy this damn companies!
Selling the game that I want bundled with another game that I've never even heard of is the lowest example of a company playing with their consumers desires (and pockets).

I'm not sure about how does US legislation deal with it, but "tying sale" is an illegal commercial practice even in my native land of Brazil!

rayne315

I wonder if the first batch of lawbreakers is even going to sell out before the next lot gets dropped.

I also wonder if the makers of wonder boy agreed to the combined listing.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

dashv

PRO Supporter

We need to stop accepting this kind of unfair treatment buy this damn companies!
Selling the game that I want bundled with another game that I've never even heard of is the lowest example of a company playing with their consumers desires (and pockets).

I'm not sure about how does US legislation deal with it, but "tying sale" is an illegal commercial practice even in my native land of Brazil!

Well it worked.

The only versions of law breakers currently sold out are the versions bundled with Wonder Boy CE.

I didn't bite. Probably going to just import it from Play Asia.

Gamestop does this all the time.  NES Classics, Nintendo Switches, PS4, X1.  Even CE games like Zelda:BOTW were sold in bundles where you had to pay upwards of $500 just to get the CE because they made you buy a bunch of other shit at MSRP or higher.

Well it worked.

The only versions of law breakers currently sold out are the versions bundled with Wonder Boy CE.

I didn't bite. Probably going to just import it from Play Asia.
The SE bundle is also sold out.

Expect a big bundle with all 4 for like $250. or a bundle with 1 SE of WB and 2 CEs of LB or some shit.

ferraroso

The excuses they are now coming up with on twitter are amazing and pathetic at the same time.
Right now, I would happily give money to a scalper on eBay rather than to a bundle full of leftovers sold buy this company.

So many Lawbreakers CEs are going to hit eBay.

kashell

A buddy of mine went through the same shit when trying to get Wonder Boy. He had it in his cart but it was gone when he tried to check out.

Night Trap and Ys are going to be bloodbaths.

telly

I hope not, I really want Ys. D:

EDIT: Oh wait, that's going to be on Play Asia too  ::)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 11:26:33 am by telly »
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

Limeface

PRO Supporter

What was with that waiting in line thing at checkout? By the time I got out of line, Wonder Boy was sold out. LRG is seriously dropping the ball with their last few releases. If Night Trap is handled this poorly, then I'll just give up on them as a publisher. They are no longer "preserving physical media" when you can't buy it.