Author Topic: "Limited Run Games" is Producing Physical Copies of Games in Limited Quantities  (Read 199756 times)

dashv

PRO Supporter

One of these days I'm gonna make a list in this thread of all the LRG releases that are available from other places (like Play Asia) so people will know that at least some of LRG's product is available elsewhere

Please do, it would be appreciated.  :)

+1

kashell

One of these days I'm gonna make a list in this thread of all the LRG releases that are available from other places (like Play Asia) so people will know that at least some of LRG's product is available elsewhere

Please do, it would be appreciated.  :)

+1

Go for it, Telly!

rayne315

3 days later and lawbreakers is still up for sale. an indeterminate amount for SE (they removed the percentage left ticker) and apparently 7 left on the CE (I don't believe that number in the slightest)

turns out the collecting community/scalping community really does not like coasters.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

turf

PRO Supporter

I don't have to like it, but I understand the business model. 
If releases aren't limited, they won't sell out. 
If they don't sell out, everyone can get one. 
If everyone can get one, it's not a collectors' item.
If it's not a collectors' item, there's no need to ever buy a physical copy of Octo Dad

Most of these games are not that good.  The only reason people buy them is because they are limited releases.  Without that collector mentality out there, this company will tank.  Limited Run Games has to keep their games exclusive to continue being a company.

dashv

PRO Supporter

I don't have to like it, but I understand the business model. 
If releases aren't limited, they won't sell out. 
If they don't sell out, everyone can get one. 
If everyone can get one, it's not a collectors' item.
If it's not a collectors' item, there's no need to ever buy a physical copy of Octo Dad

Most of these games are not that good.  The only reason people buy them is because they are limited releases.  Without that collector mentalit y out there, this company will tank.  Limited Run Games has to keep their games exclusive to continue being a company.

Pretty much.

Are we all ready for the cluster of procreation that will be Fridays Night Trap Sale!?

kashell

I'm thinking I'm going to pass on Night Trap. The thought of getting stressed about getting a game I won't play for years just doesn't sound pleasant. I'm sure there are plenty of no-commentary LP's out there in case I do want to see the game.

But, if someone wants a copy I can try to snag them one.

I honestly wasn't worried about Night Trap until someone pointed out that the horror community might come out of the word work to get a copy.

That terrifies me, because I know tons of folks who don't collect games but are horror nuts and as far as I know they are going to go for it too.

davifus

did anybody snag an extra wonder boy collector's edition
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

rayne315

they ended up putting together a bundle of everything that is being sold tomorrow. problem I see right off the bat? its more expensive than all the items individually.

EDIT: Just noticed they are also including protective cases for the SE games.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

soera

Got a digital key for Lawbreakers if anyone is interested.

N++ (PS4) from LRG... Next Friday with Lili.

For sure a classic in my books.

turf

PRO Supporter

58 min....  It's coming

ferraroso

Is it just my impression or the Collector's Edition of Night Trap disappeared from the site five minutes before the scheduled launch time? Hahaha!

soera

They do that from time to time to stop people from loading it into their cart before hand.

I got my night trap and bunker secured!

Limeface

PRO Supporter

Night Trap wasn't even up for 2 minutes. *Sigh* Here's hoping for batch 2.