Author Topic: "Limited Run Games" is Producing Physical Copies of Games in Limited Quantities  (Read 198776 times)

Flashback2012

Same here. My stress was certainly unwarranted.

A few minutes into the hour and there were still bundles available. I went the "click each one" route as I figured everyone would jump on the bundles (and looks like I was right). It took a good five minutes or more before the non-bundled CEs to sell out.

Now that the dust has settled, my poor wallet hasn't stopped crying as I didn't think I'd end up with a CE for both systems. I thought for sure that this release would be more strenuous than the one for Wonder Boy.  :P

azure

I was a bit anxious, but ended up getting what I wanted no problem. The horror stories I hear from others got me for sure.

I knew I was only getting the SE so I just kind of took my time.

Surprised by how long the CE lasted.

rayne315

Same here. My stress was certainly unwarranted.

A few minutes into the hour and there were still bundles available. I went the "click each one" route as I figured everyone would jump on the bundles (and looks like I was right). It took a good five minutes or more before the non-bundled CEs to sell out.

Now that the dust has settled, my poor wallet hasn't stopped crying as I didn't think I'd end up with a CE for both systems. I thought for sure that this release would be more strenuous than the one for Wonder Boy.  :P

yeah I ended up getting the PS4 bundle with no problem. like I said before im guessing the reason for the rather relaxed (releatively speaking) release was because the SE of Ys is made to order, not limited.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

telly

If they started doing made to order for everything I would be alright with that, haha
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

theflea

Got the full set, round one I tried to get the CE combo for vita and it said order complete on the site but for some reason didn't go through. (it didn't appear in my orders and never got an email confirming order.)
This time I just ordered them separate and no issues.  :)

BTW I contacted LRG about the 32X Night Trap cover and they told me to send in my tickets asap.
So I did and I got an email back telling me I'm getting a copy.  ;D
"Happy game hunting!!!"

Flashback2012

Nice theflea!  ;D

Speaking of Night Trap, the other day on Facebook I saw that a guy I follow already had a copy in hand. He runs a game shop and I've noticed other times where he's gotten in games from LRG almost instantly after they've come out whereas it takes a couple of weeks for my copies to show up. I understand they offer expedited shipping but damn...how is it this guy was getting Night Trap when my Drive!Drive!Drive! order hadn't even shown shipping yet?!  ???

ferraroso

If they started doing made to order for everything I would be alright with that, haha

I agree. Even though this way the games take around a month to be printed and sent, I believe this is a way fairer system to all the consumers, a wiser business strategy and a much better way to fight scalpers.

I want the 32X art so bad, but I don't have enough tickets.

I'm hoping someone will scan the art or maybe LRG will share the pdf for self printing.

dashv

PRO Supporter

I got Thursday/Friday mixed up last week and completely missed the Y's CE sale.

Pre-ordered an SE for Vita and PS4 Saturday so those will have to do.

soera

Play Asia just announced its next title. And its another one already done by LRG, Rive. Not sure whats going on with Play Asia.

Play Asia just announced its next title. And its another one already done by LRG, Rive. Not sure whats going on with Play Asia.
Play Asia's main market isn't the US, it's the Asian regions.  PLUS, Play-Asia releases hit brick and mortar stores in the Asian region.

LRG's market is mainly the US.  I think Josh stated that less than 1% of LRG releases are sent to the Asian region.

telly

The LRG releases that are available in Asia are Dariusburst CS for both PS4 and Vita, Mitsugi, Skullgirls for both PS4 and Vita, Soldner, Deemo, Ray Gigant, Wonder Boy, Ys, and now Rive. One Way Heroics was also released in Japan for both PS4 and Vita

So out of everything that's been released so far, that's 13/82, which is about 16%
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 10:05:26 am by telly »
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

NickAwesome

PRO Supporter

Re: "Limited Run Games" is Producing Physical Copies of Games in Limited Quantities
« Reply #1033 on: September 01, 2017, 09:50:46 pm »
I am at pax and was able to snag a few releases I missed out on.  Furi, Jotun and also got the Ys cover variant.  They don't have any releases from last year except One Way Heroics.  They don't have any of the super in demand games but have most of the recent releases from the past few months.  Also I won an auction for both a PS4 and Vita copy of oceanhorn which is pretty cool.  Would anyone be interested in the PS4 version of oceanhorn? Willing to sell it to someone on here for what I paid for it.  $45+ shipping.  Just let me know.

rayne315

Re: "Limited Run Games" is Producing Physical Copies of Games in Limited Quantities
« Reply #1034 on: September 05, 2017, 05:08:14 pm »
new items added!

Shadow Warrior Collection (PS4) | LRG Exclusive Variant | Special Reserve Games | 1000 copies | $40 | Monday 9/11
Shadow Warrior Collection (PS4) - Cover Set | 85 available bundles | includes LRG exclusive variant and SRG cover | $80 | Monday 9/11
The Flame in the Flood (PS4) | 3000 copies | $25 | 9/15
The Flame in the Flood (PS4) Double Pack | 1000 copies? | $55 | 9/15 | includes the variant cover that will not be sold on the site other than this bundle/event cover
Caladrius Blaze (PS4) | 4000 copies | $30 | 9/15

dang they are making these more and more difficult and complicated to post in a consistent format... I tried my best...
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 02:46:25 pm by rayne315 »
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully