Author Topic: "Limited Run Games" is Producing Physical Copies of Games in Limited Quantities  (Read 196865 times)

Re: "Limited Run Games" is Producing Physical Copies of Games in Limited Quantities
« Reply #1065 on: September 26, 2017, 03:33:07 pm »
3 weeks later and I've finally received my Night Trap order.

And they sent me extra loyalty tickets... that I can't use.

why can you not use them?
Because they sent me EXTRA tickets.  You can only use 1 ticket for every game your purchase.  Say I purchased 1 game and they sent me 2 tickets.  1 of those tickets is now trash.

desocietas

Re: "Limited Run Games" is Producing Physical Copies of Games in Limited Quantities
« Reply #1066 on: September 26, 2017, 03:53:04 pm »

Because they sent me EXTRA tickets.  You can only use 1 ticket for every game your purchase.  Say I purchased 1 game and they sent me 2 tickets.  1 of those tickets is now trash.

That doesn't make sense. Their order form and site doesn't say anything about that - just that they may verify your tickets against your purchases to make sure they're legit tickets.  Did they specify this elsewhere? If so, I don't think that's a good place to keep that info.

Edit: I see there was a conversation about it in the forums. And I think I get what you mean. If you were ordering before the loyalty program started, then extra tickets wouldn't be a bad thing. But if you didn't start until after the program started, having extra tickets + any sort of rule that an account shouldn't have more tickets than items purchased would definitely be useless.

Hopefully it's a policy that they let up on or have some sort of note in your record about (like if they had a note in your account stating that they issued you ___ # of courtesy tickets).

---

In any case (and not related), Josh from LRG reports that they're on their way to making replacement Sega CD/Sega Saturn longboxes for sale in the future: https://twitter.com/LimitedRunJosh/status/912764774693457920
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 03:57:43 pm by desocietas »
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #1067 on: September 26, 2017, 03:59:15 pm »

That doesn't make sense. Their order form and site doesn't say anything about that - just that they may verify your tickets against your purchases to make sure they're legit tickets.  Did they specify this elsewhere? If so, I don't think that's a good place to keep that info.

---

In any case (and not related), Josh from LRG reports that they're on their way to making replacement Sega CD/Sega Saturn longboxes for sale in the future: https://twitter.com/LimitedRunJosh/status/912764774693457920
Originally their statement was that they couldn't xref the tickets with orders and that they wouldn't replace missing or non-delivered tickets.  (Mind you I was literally the one person they refused to replace tickets for)

Months later they changed their stance to xref the tickets to accounts manually and that they would replace as many tickets as folks want because as long as they are xref'ing it doesn't matter how many tickets you have... which makes the whole ticket system a waste.

Sounds like for bulk orders, best case, $4-5 per case.  A bit too steep for me when if I have loose discs, they are going into DVD cases anyway.  Works for replacing broken cases, almost all of mine are cracked or broken in some manner.  But $4-5 a case from a company that consistently screws up orders AND knowingly under-packs items because it's cheaper... no thanks.  I certainly won't be buying until I hear from other folks about how things arrive... that aside, $4-5 a case is still high and I expect that to be with ordering like 1000 cases or something to get it that low, plus they'll probably charge like $3/case shipping or something ridiculous if they do actually pack it well.

« Reply #1068 on: September 27, 2017, 04:11:01 pm »
Not exactly "confirmed" per se, but Josh shared a pic of the Senko no Ronde 2 LE they will be releasing.
https://twitter.com/LimitedRunJosh/status/913128097607819266/photo/1

« Reply #1069 on: September 28, 2017, 01:51:06 pm »
Really cool idea but I haven't been able to buy the games I want from them. By 12:01 they sell out which blows

desocietas

Oh right, the variant is up for sale today if you're interested:

PAX West Exclusive Ys Origin Variant Is On Sale Today At 5PM Eastern Time
https://limitedrungames.com/products/limited-run-82-ys-origin-ps4-pax-variant
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

desocietas

Sold out as of 2:02 pt. Hope you got one if you wanted one! I think they only had a few hundred available.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

rayne315

aaaaaaand my work banned LRG from our computers. im going to fight it as it got mis-categorized as a place to play games, not a place to purchase games.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

desocietas

aaaaaaand my work banned LRG from our computers. im going to fight it as it got mis-categorized as a place to play games, not a place to purchase games.

Aw that sucks. It's just a Shopify site. I bought Ys with my phone yesterday.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

kashell

Any idea when Ys Origins and Asdivine Hearts are supposed to ship?

desocietas

Any idea when Ys Origins and Asdivine Hearts are supposed to ship?

Some folks have started receiving them, so any day now!
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

kashell

Sweet! I can't recall: does LRG send an email when things get shipped?

desocietas

Sweet! I can't recall: does LRG send an email when things get shipped?

Yup, you should get an email with the subject: "Limited Run Games shipping confirmation for order #___" with a tracking number.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

rayne315

they should be shipping out the ps4 version of skullgirls very soon. they are receiving it at their office sometime this week/next week. the vita version is a bit further away in November. if you pre-ordered both and do not want to wait till November for it to ship out they are allowing orders to be split (unsure if there is additional cost or not). if you want your order split message them before October 10th.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

desocietas

Sounds like for bulk orders, best case, $4-5 per case.  A bit too steep for me when if I have loose discs, they are going into DVD cases anyway.  Works for replacing broken cases, almost all of mine are cracked or broken in some manner.  But $4-5 a case from a company that consistently screws up orders AND knowingly under-packs items because it's cheaper... no thanks.  I certainly won't be buying until I hear from other folks about how things arrive... that aside, $4-5 a case is still high and I expect that to be with ordering like 1000 cases or something to get it that low, plus they'll probably charge like $3/case shipping or something ridiculous if they do actually pack it well.

Confirmed on Twitter that it'll be $5 each in packs of 5, so good call on that one. Considering just that regular protectors for most cases cost almost $1 (not in bulk), it's not terrible, and if I were a collector of Sega CD/Saturn/PS1 long boxed games, I'd be happy to be able to replace a handful of cracked/damaged cases finally. Shipping will probably be a pain, I agree.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas