Author Topic: "Limited Run Games" is Producing Physical Copies of Games in Limited Quantities  (Read 197002 times)

Limeface

PRO Supporter

Broken Age is up on Fangamer. Seems to be the leftover stock that Double Fine had.

https://www.fangamer.com/products/broken-age-for-ps4-and-ps-vita

Sounds like for bulk orders, best case, $4-5 per case.  A bit too steep for me when if I have loose discs, they are going into DVD cases anyway.  Works for replacing broken cases, almost all of mine are cracked or broken in some manner.  But $4-5 a case from a company that consistently screws up orders AND knowingly under-packs items because it's cheaper... no thanks.  I certainly won't be buying until I hear from other folks about how things arrive... that aside, $4-5 a case is still high and I expect that to be with ordering like 1000 cases or something to get it that low, plus they'll probably charge like $3/case shipping or something ridiculous if they do actually pack it well.

Confirmed on Twitter that it'll be $5 each in packs of 5, so good call on that one. Considering just that regular protectors for most cases cost almost $1 (not in bulk), it's not terrible, and if I were a collector of Sega CD/Saturn/PS1 long boxed games, I'd be happy to be able to replace a handful of cracked/damaged cases finally. Shipping will probably be a pain, I agree.
will be sold by a presumably new company, might just be a sister site but still LRG

Game Collector Supply.

rayne315

they added another one for the October 13th release.

- Chariot
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

desocietas

they added another one for the October 13th release.

- Chariot

Excited about this one. I love local co-op games (if I can find someone to play with, that is).
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

azure

Has anyone here received Ys Origin? I haven't even got a shipping notification yet.

telly

Absolute Drift and Chariot go on sale this Friday!
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

desocietas

Has anyone here received Ys Origin? I haven't even got a shipping notification yet.

I'm in the same boat... I knew the CE would take a while, but I'm seeing reports of folks who've already received their Ys standard, CE, and variant :/

No shipping notices for me either and orders both still read as "unfulfilled"...
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

kashell

I haven't received my Ys Origins copy OR my Asdivine Hearts copy.

I don't want to be "that guy" and bug them since I know they're a small company, but it feels like it's been too long of a wait.

I don't want to be "that guy" and bug them since I know they're a small company, but it feels like it's been too long of a wait.

You're a customer and they are a business, it is your right to "bug" them if their product is delayed beyond a reasonable amount of time.  And this is a reasonable amount of time.  So "bug" away, I would. 

Flashback2012

Absolute Drift and Chariot just went up. Still ~20% remaining as of 10:07AM. Chariot seems to be selling a little more than Absolute Drift.

Also, I FINALLY got a shipping confirmation on my Wonder Boy/Lawbreakers and Ys/Asdivine orders. I'm having some buyers remorse on Lawbreakers at this point. I read something earlier that said that the game has been steadily bleeding players. I'm afraid by the time my copy shows up it'll be a glorified drink coaster.  :P

kashell

You're a customer and they are a business, it is your right to "bug" them if their product is delayed beyond a reasonable amount of time.  And this is a reasonable amount of time.  So "bug" away, I would.

I like the way you think.

Let the bugging begin!

rayne315

both are still available at ~10% each.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

kashell

I sent a friendly email and got back a friendly response. This weekend should be the weekend that they'll be going out.

davifus

Absolute Drift and Chariot just went up. Still ~20% remaining as of 10:07AM. Chariot seems to be selling a little more than Absolute Drift.

Also, I FINALLY got a shipping confirmation on my Wonder Boy/Lawbreakers and Ys/Asdivine orders. I'm having some buyers remorse on Lawbreakers at this point. I read something earlier that said that the game has been steadily bleeding players. I'm afraid by the time my copy shows up it'll be a glorified drink coaster.  :P

http://steamcharts.com/app/350280 [Prob. similar on all platform] its been at death's door for long time now. I dont see it ever recovering, so yes its a over glorified drink coaster :(
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

azure

So I just received my copy of Ys Origin. It was just in my mailbox, I never received any tacking info and my order is still "unfulfilled", so be on the lookout I guess.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 03:50:37 pm by azure »