Author Topic: "Limited Run Games" is Producing Physical Copies of Games in Limited Quantities  (Read 196972 times)

soera

I just received shipping info for both Ys/Asdivine and Caladrius/Flame so all thats left is to get Skullgirls (which should be nearing the end of the month) and the ones that just came out yesterday.

desocietas

They announced today that they can officially publish Switch games now. This should be interesting...
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

kashell

Finally my games arrived. I was starting to worry!

turf

PRO Supporter

They announced today that they can officially publish Switch games now. This should be interesting...

Oh shit... You try to get out, and then they just suck you back in!

Oh shit... You try to get out, and then they just suck you back in!
Yeah, now my concern is that I don't want to double dip with LRG.  So if a game is for sure on PS4 and possibly on Switch, I might pass on the PS4 version.

2064 ROM, I'm skipping the PS4 version because I can wait for the Switch version.

Looking up the November games.  I don't think I'm interested in any of them.

I'm actually kind of tired of the pixel art games. 

Crawl SOUNDS interesting in that you control the enemies to kill the hero, but it sounds like as soon as you do that, you become the hero, so no real point.

La-Mulana EX is Vita only, so easy pass for me.

VA-11 HALL-A is also Vita only, I need to look more into it to decide if I'll really play it.

Nex Machina looks like Geometry Wars in a different art style.

Think I might pass across the board.

maximo310

Nex Machina is more like a twin stick shooter such as Robotron 2084/ Smash TV, which is fitting considering Eugene Jarvis worked on Nex Machina.

That one is definitely worth picking up; very solid game.

Nex Machina is more like a twin stick shooter such as Robotron 2084/ Smash TV, which is fitting considering Eugene Jarvis worked on Nex Machina.

Geometry wars is a twin stick shooter... no?

desocietas

Aye, it is. They are similar, but Nex Machina is done by the same people as Resogun (which had some pretty badass effects of their own). That kinda of pulsing pixel thing is pretty cool looking.

I definitely thought of Geometry Wars when I saw Nex Machina, but I don't think Nex Machina is confined to a box, is it?
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

Aye, it is. They are similar, but Nex Machina is done by the same people as Resogun (which had some pretty badass effects of their own). That kinda of pulsing pixel thing is pretty cool looking.

I definitely thought of Geometry Wars when I saw Nex Machina, but I don't think Nex Machina is confined to a box, is it?
It looked that way to me, the game shifting from one box to the next.

maximo310

Well yeah, but there are different worlds, with different level layouts n enemies. Each world has a boss fight at the end of it as well, and there are number of additional objectives that can increase or multiply your score.  So its a bit more structured  compared to Geometry Wars imo.

Well yeah, but there are different worlds, with different level layouts n enemies. Each world has a boss fight at the end of it as well, and there are number of additional objectives that can increase or multiply your score.  So its a bit more structured  compared to Geometry Wars imo.
Have you looked at Geometry wars 3?  What little I saw looked different than earlier iterations and similar to what you have described.

Regardless, I'll give Nex Machina another look.

argyle

VA-11 HALL-A is also Vita only, I need to look more into it to decide if I'll really play it.

VA-11 HALL-A looks interesting but is a pass for me since it's Vita only. I just don't collect for the Vita, so if I decide to play it I'll be satisfied with a digital copy. But Nex Machina is a must-have, I adore Housemarque and anything they put out is an instant buy for me. Their last couple of games got physical English releases in Asia (Alienation and Matterfall) so I've been looking for one for Nex Machina. Didn't know LRG was putting it out, so that's awesome.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

VA-11 HALL-A looks interesting but is a pass for me since it's Vita only. I just don't collect for the Vita, so if I decide to play it I'll be satisfied with a digital copy. But Nex Machina is a must-have, I adore Housemarque and anything they put out is an instant buy for me. Their last couple of games got physical English releases in Asia (Alienation and Matterfall) so I've been looking for one for Nex Machina. Didn't know LRG was putting it out, so that's awesome.
If VA-11 HALL-A is PSTV compatible, I have no inherent issue.

dashv

PRO Supporter

I just hope my Skull Girls 2nd Encore PS4/Vita games arrive before I die.