Author Topic: "Limited Run Games" is Producing Physical Copies of Games in Limited Quantities  (Read 199513 times)

turf

PRO Supporter

I just hope my Skull Girls 2nd Encore PS4/Vita games arrive before I die.

I'm not holding my breath.  I wanted Skull Girls.  It's a fun game, but I think I'll just be content playing it on Steam. 

soera

Mine should be here tomorrow. :D

turf

PRO Supporter

Mine should be here tomorrow. :D

I'll be damned!  I just got my shipping notification right now.

dashv

PRO Supporter

I just hope my Skull Girls 2nd Encore PS4/Vita games arrive before I die.

I'm not holding my breath.  I wanted Skull Girls.  It's a fun game, but I think I'll just be content playing it on Steam.

Yeah I have it on steam and PS3 digital (was free for plus users for a while).

rayne315

for those who do not check LRG regularly. Absolver (Special reserve games) was added as a LRG variant set to release tomorrow (was added last night). set at 1000 copies for $35. it will release at 12 Eastern.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

desocietas

for those who do not check LRG regularly. Absolver (Special reserve games) was added as a LRG variant set to release tomorrow (was added last night). set at 1000 copies for $35. it will release at 12 Eastern.

I noticed that on their Google Calendar! The calendar's really handy, btw... when they remember to update it ;)
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

Limeface

PRO Supporter

If you missed the Limited Run version of Wonder Boy there will be another chance since Nicalis is going to release versions for PS4 and Switch.

https://twitter.com/nicalis/status/925772928947326977

shfan

Managed to get Nex Machina (PS4) and La Mulana Ex (Vita), don't mind paying out when this kind of title is on offer, it's extremely easy to resist coughing up for something which resembles a flash game on the other hand.

soera

Nex Machina and Lu Mulana are now open to buy.

Limeface

PRO Supporter

So is the steam running out on Limited Run Games? The only game to have sold out today was the standard edition of La-Mulana. I would have thought Nex-Machina or either of the collector editions would have sold out. 

Flashback2012

They've got a small backlog of games that haven't been published yet like Cosmic Star Heroine. There's PLENTY of people they could approach about releasing physical versions of games. I'm sure by now they know the production costs required to make a profit for their endeavors so I imagine they can keep themselves relevant for a little while longer at the very least.

If anything they may curtail numbers enough to make them truly limited and/or focus on Collector Editions to entice people. We're also forgetting about them venturing into Switch publishing, which is sure to lure in scores of rabid Nintendo-loyal collectards who've been largely ignoring LRG because of them only publishing on Vita/PS4.

My thing is that people see weekend long selling as a bad thing.  As long as the stock goes eventually, it is fine from their perspective.  It is also indicative of a sign that they are producing the right amount of copies.

Their preference is 1 or 2 hours to sell out, personally 24-48 hours is prime, because you will get EVERYONE with no real time constraints.  It is a shame that people do chargebacks and cancellation requests when they dont sell out immediately.  Still think those accounts should receive permabans.

rayne315

new items got added to the sales list:

Crawl | 3800 copies | $25 | Releases 11/17 (this Friday)
2064: Read only memories | limited to 6192 copies (2064 copies of each cover variant, 3 variants total) | $30 | releases 11/17 (this Friday)
Windjammers (Vita) | 3000 Copies | $30 | Releases 12/01
Windjammers (PS4) | 3800 Copies | $30 | Releases 12/01
Claire: Extended Cut (Vita) | 2500 copies | $25 | Releases 12/01
Claire: Extended Cut (PS4) | 2500 copies | $25 | Releases 12/01

I really don't like the fact that 2064 has 3 cover variants but is limited to 2 pee customer. there is a 3-pack but other than the 3-pack and trading you will NOT be able to get all variants of it. bright side though is that they are offering 600 3-packs which is the largest amount of bundles they have done.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 06:22:39 pm by rayne315 »
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

Easy pass on most of these.  Might jump on Windjammers, but double the digital price makes me think long and hard about it.

2064 I'll wait for the superior Switch version.