Author Topic: "Limited Run Games" is Producing Physical Copies of Games in Limited Quantities  (Read 196915 times)

desocietas

Easy pass on most of these.  Might jump on Windjammers, but double the digital price makes me think long and hard about it.

2064 I'll wait for the superior Switch version.

I was excited about 2064 but the cover variants actually kind of turn me off. Like let me just decide between a bad cover or no game at all rather than deal with RNG or shelling out extra money for all three covers. The Switch announcement is also exciting but have there been any comments from the devs about a physical version for Switch?

Since LRG will eventually be doing Switch, that wouldn't be an impossible route later...
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

Windjammer is the first title in a while that has interested me. I may pick it up, maybe.

Easy pass on most of these.  Might jump on Windjammers, but double the digital price makes me think long and hard about it.

I was excited about 2064 but the cover variants actually kind of turn me off. Like let me just decide between a bad cover or no game at all rather than deal with RNG or shelling out extra money for all three covers. The Switch announcement is also exciting but have there been any comments from the devs about a physical version for Switch?

Since LRG will eventually be doing Switch, that wouldn't be an impossible route later...
switch version will be the definitive integral version and yes they mentioned doing a physical with LRG.

desocietas

switch version will be the definitive integral version and yes they mentioned doing a physical with LRG.

Sweet... I can wait then. I'll probably pick up Windjammers, though.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

Sweet... I can wait then. I'll probably pick up Windjammers, though.
Take my statement with a pound of salt.  Things could always come up that end up stopping the physical release on Switch.  I'm just willing to take my chances and wait.

soera

Picked up my 2064 and Crawl today.

dashv

PRO Supporter

Relieved it took so long for 2064 to sell out.

I managed to snag a copy from the DR with really crappy internet. Seriously like 5 minutes per page loading time.

soera

Got my Super Gunworld 2 this morning. It sold out in less than 3 minutes.

Flashback2012

Got my Super Gunworld 2 this morning. It sold out in less than 3 minutes.

What's funny is I had only gotten about 4 hours of sleep after being up the last 27 or so but I was cognizant enough to remember that game was going on sale today. I even texted my cousin to be ready for the release and when 10 o'clock rolled around, my dumb butt was looking at reddit and totally forgot to sign in to the LRG site. Luckily, I managed to get a copy just before it sold out.  :o

rayne315

New adds to releases.

SteamWorld Dig (Vita) | 3000 Copies | Reversible cover  | Releases December 15th | $25
SteamWorld Heist (Vita) | 3000 Copies | Reversible cover  | Releases December 15th | $25
Windjammers Collector's Edition (Vita) | 2000 Copies | 2 Frisbee variants (4/5 chance of blue 1/5 chance of pink Frisbee) | releases December 1st | $65
Windjammers Collector's Edition (PS4) | 2500 Copies | 2 Frisbee variants (4/5 chance of blue 1/5 chance of pink Frisbee) | releases December 1st | $65
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 03:16:39 pm by rayne315 »
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

New adds to releases.

SteamWorld Dig (Vita) | 3000 Copies | 2 cover variants | Releases December 15th | $25
Windjammers Collector's Edition (Vita) | 2000 Copies | 2 Frisbee variants (4/5 chance of blue 1/5 chance of pink Frisbee) | releases December 1st | $65
Windjammers Collector's Edition (PS4) | 2500 Copies | 2 Frisbee variants (4/5 chance of blue 1/5 chance of pink Frisbee) | releases December 1st | $65
I mean... is a reversible cover art really a cover variant? 

Also, did they confirm that 1/5 are pink?

Also, you left out SteamWorld Heist.

rayne315

New adds to releases.

SteamWorld Dig (Vita) | 3000 Copies | Reversible cover | Releases December 15th | $25
SteamWorld Heist (Vita) | 3000 Copies | Reversible cover  | Releases December 15th | $25
I mean... is a reversible cover art really a cover variant? 

Also, did they confirm that 1/5 are pink?

Also, you left out SteamWorld Heist.

Edited to include SteamWorld Heist

I only consider them variants because historically LRG prints half with one side up and half with the other side up. so from a strictly sealed perspective the reversible covers are unique. at least they will stay that way in my collection until they are opened. but you are correct me saying 2 varriants is misleading. I will edit that out as well

Yes they confirm in the listing that 1/5 copes contain a pink frisbee. pulled directly from the listing:
Each copy of the Windjammers Collector's Edition has a chance at coming with a rare hot pink Windjammers Frisbee® - only one out of five copies has been packaged with the pink Frisbee® inside.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 03:16:17 pm by rayne315 »

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

kashell

It's a gamble to get LRG titles. Now, it's even more of a gamble because you may or may not get a special bit of loot with your game.

The suspense!

No numbers yet, but River City Melee and Double Dragon IV are releasing Dec. 8th.

I know abe is still active, but could maybe someone go into the SMF database and change ownership of the OP to someone who will maintain the post?

rayne315

No numbers yet, but River City Melee and Double Dragon IV are releasing Dec. 8th.

I know abe is still active, but could maybe someone go into the SMF database and change ownership of the OP to someone who will maintain the post?

Seconded. it would be nice having all info updated on the front page here.

Also Don't forget the release tomorrow anyone who wants it!

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully