Author Topic: "Limited Run Games" is Producing Physical Copies of Games in Limited Quantities  (Read 199653 times)

Flashback2012

DD IV and River city melee are up!

I almost forgot about it on the first run but was able to get it squared away. It didn't look like the two games were selling that quickly and it surprised me that DDIV was moving faster than River City. Went with regular editions because I didn't feel like paying more for gimmick packaging.

I wonder what's holding up the release of Cosmic Star Heroine.  ???

telly

It seems like there are a lot of games that have been held back for a long time, since the early releases even. I really hope they release Salt and Sanctuary on physical, seems like they have a lot of cleaning up to do on that page in general.
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

rayne315

LRG will be having a Remaining inventory Clear Out Sale the weekend of new years (29th-31st?). it will be your time to attempt to buy up all those games you have missed throughout this last year. obviously there will be no guarantee for them having any specific game of in any specific quantity. also if it is like last year they will have about 5 of their most quantity titles and a random grab for everything else (you buy it and its random what game they send you). they will release more details closer to the release date.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

rayne315

managed to grab dig and heist after forgetting about the release today...
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

I really hope they publish Battle Garegga Rev. 2016. I read a forum post on their site that one of the staff said to hold off on getting the Korean physical release. Really hope they actually follow through and release this.

Secret game releasing January 1st 9am/5pm CST.

Sounds like they have no intent of announcing the title prior to the sale.

Also, something is releasing January 5th, no announcement as of yet.

Flashback2012

UGH. I could have swore there was a release today but that doesn't appear to be the case. Now it's nearly 10AM and too close to when I have to go in so no laying back down.  :-\

telly

Is there any particular reason why they're doing it this way? What if people need to look up the game to see if it's worth buying? I would hope it's at least a somewhat well known title...
Currently Playing:

LRG announced no more titles for 2017.

Mecho Tales releasing January 1st 9am CST and 5pm CST.  Presumably PS4/Vita.  Blowout Sale on January 1st to sell leftover stock of 2017 titles.  Probably similar to the Black Friday sale.

Rock Boshers DX (PS4/Vita) releasing January 5th 9am CST and 5pm CST.  1 other title releasing January 5th.  No word yet.

LRG stated no Switch games will be released on the same day as PS4/Vita releases.  They also seem to be planning 1 Switch game per month for now.  So don't expect a Switch release on January 5th.  I believe I heard a rumor that Jan 19th was the Switch release date.

soera

Mecho Tales is now live. Quite a few of the "leftovers" are already sold out.

Flashback2012

Overslept and missed out on the Vita release of Mecho Tales. I managed to get the regular PS4 version with 4% remaining. I passed on the Developer Edition because it felt like they were releasing the same game with a few tweaks and it screamed cash grab to me. Maybe I'm wrong but I didn't feel it justified another $40. Also, there's new releases this Friday to boot...I kind of wish they had just waited to put Mecho Tales out Friday and do the other games next week but these guys have repeatedly shown they're not capable of common sense.  :P

I guess no one ever mentioned it here, but the other title for tomorrow is Yesterday Origins for PS4 #107.  Already PEGI physical and available worldwide for about $10 I think.

Vita blindbox games will be available tomorrow as they under sold on the Jan 1st sale.

Rock Boshers DX is #96 and #99.

Rumors that Home, Factorum 99, Oddworld Munch's Odyssee HD, the BIT.Trip, and the Fallen Legion games (PS4/Vita) are coming soon due to ESRB ratings being published.

Fallen Legion Rise to Glory is releasing soon from NIS America for NS and contains both the original Vita and PS4 versions of Fallen Legion... so the LRG version is redundant.  Fair warning before folks buy the Vita or PS4 games expecting the superior Rise to Glory edition and only receiving 2 separate halves of a whole game.

Fallen Legion: Sins of an Empire (PS4) - LRG
Fallen Legion: Flames of Rebellion (PSVita) - LRG
Fallen Legion: Rise to Glory (NS) - NIS America (Contains both Sins of an Empire and Flames of Rebellion plus new content)

I can't find any info on Rise to Glory coming to PS4, so maybe it isn't.  But I thought I had heard it was.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 11:31:40 am by ignition365 »

telly

Thanks for the good info ignition. I will update my thread tonight.
Currently Playing:

Flashback2012

Overslept and missed out on the Vita release of Mecho Tales. I managed to get the regular PS4 version with 4% remaining. I passed on the Developer Edition because it felt like they were releasing the same game with a few tweaks and it screamed cash grab to me. Maybe I'm wrong but I didn't feel it justified another $40. Also, there's new releases this Friday to boot...I kind of wish they had just waited to put Mecho Tales out Friday and do the other games next week but these guys have repeatedly shown they're not capable of common sense.  :P

I done goofed on this release. I wasn't aware that there would be a 6PM release and I was able to get the Vita and PS4 versions locked in. I just contacted LRG support and created a ticket hoping they'll let me cancel my initial purchase from the AM. Fingers crossed but not holding my breath.  :P

soera

Rock Boshers and Yesterdays Origin are available.