Author Topic: "Limited Run Games" is Producing Physical Copies of Games in Limited Quantities  (Read 196849 times)

Several Editions of the Castlevania Anniversary Collection are now up for pre-order with LRG.

A friend of mine made me aware of this just now. Looks like they are doing a physical release of Mega Man: The Wily Wars for the Genesis

https://limitedrungames.com/collections/neo-frontpage/products/mega-man-the-wily-wars-genesis

kashell

A friend of mine made me aware of this just now. Looks like they are doing a physical release of Mega Man: The Wily Wars for the Genesis

https://limitedrungames.com/collections/neo-frontpage/products/mega-man-the-wily-wars-genesis

That's neat, and I understand doing a release on Genesis. I just wish there was a modern console option so I could actually play it. Wily Wars was a blast.

That's neat, and I understand doing a release on Genesis. I just wish there was a modern console option so I could actually play it. Wily Wars was a blast.

Yeah, I was excited until I saw that.

telly

I would just buy a Genesis Mini. Costs about as much but you get Wily Wars plus and whole ton of other great games. Plus that's actually licensed by Sega.
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

Flashback2012

I would just buy a Genesis Mini. Costs about as much but you get Wily Wars plus and whole ton of other great games. Plus that's actually licensed by Sega.

I had the chance late last year to get one for half of MSRP and passed because I had already overspent. Now that I've been on the hunt for one, there's nary any to be found and I'm not wanting to pay full price on the ones I do find. A few months ago I found a lot on FB Marketplace that had it, a TG16 mini, and like 3 other Mini systems. On the way there the guy remembers he sold the Genesis Mini to someone else.  ::) Just last week we were at a flea market and I spied the box for the Genesis mini, asked to look at it and noticed it was missing one of the controllers.  :P

I had a sliver of hope that this week might be light/non-existent after last week's bloodbath but who am I kidding, this is LRG and if they're not putting out 3-4 releases a week then why are they even putting stuff out amirite?!  :o

megasilverx1

My copy of Limited Run's re-release of Shantae arrived yesterday and the CR 1616 battery in the cart is dead. I suppose I'll be replacing that after work today. Rather disappointing.

kashell

Got one. That was how I was able to try Wily Wars for the first time.

Great little mini console.

megasilverx1

My copy of Limited Run's re-release of Shantae arrived yesterday and the CR 1616 battery in the cart is dead. I suppose I'll be replacing that after work today. Rather disappointing.
Replaced the save battery and now it's saving. Opening the cartridge was a little bit more of a pain than usual since for some reason the security screw bit I always use to open these old cartridges wouldn't quite fit being just ever so slightly off. Thankfully needle noes pliers can also work to remove security bit screws.

pzeke

Wow, that's tantamount to incompetence. They charged a beggarly $44.99 for the game, so I'm guessing they were hoping nobody would actually open and play it. I mean, who actually does that in this day and age, right?

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

sworddude

Damm

That being said why didn't they use flash memory like they did with gba carts. Considering it's a modern era retro game surely you don't want to copy the lesser things of being accurate to og gameboy color games :o
« Last Edit: May 22, 2021, 06:09:05 pm by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

megasilverx1

Wow, that's tantamount to incompetence. They charged a beggarly $44.99 for the game, so I'm guessing they were hoping nobody would actually open and play it. I mean, who actually does that in this day and age, right?

Seeing the listings on ebay for the LRG re-release of the game, I wouldn't be surprised. Coulda left my copy unopened and tried to sell the game for like $200. :P

Damm

That being said why didn't they use flash memory like they did with gba carts. Considering it's a modern era retro game surely you don't want to copy the lesser things of being accurate to og gameboy color games :o

Some GBA games still use a battery to keep save data like Wario Land 4. I'm not sure why flash memory wasn't used. I can't imagine it'd be that much cheaper to use a battery. Maybe no one has made a Game Boy PCB that has connections for flash? Or maybe flash memory isn't possible on older Game Boy consoles? I'm just pulling possible reasons out of my butt. At least replacing these little batteries isn't terribly difficult, just frustrating to do when the thing dies so quickly or in this case, arrives dead on arrival rather than last for like twenty years.

mrkonasoni

Well.
I just hope they will take this example for make a better job next time, but it's certainly dissapointing.

Reading opinions in other places it seem that indeed there also problems with the shell of the cartridge that make it hard to assemble, open and just close it again.

I always have problems learning English, but I still love to talk a lot, I need no reason to be kind, after everything I have gone through I found a little peace.

Well.
I just hope they will take this example for make a better job next time, but it's certainly dissapointing.
They won’t. This is Limited Repro Games we are talking about. To do better would be to acknowledge their mistakes, and they never acknowledge their mistakes.

People need to stop buying from them. It’s the only way they’ll get the message (even then they'll blame someone else)
—Currently Playing—
Ace Attorney 4-5-6 (NS)
Raiden IV x Mikado (NS)

megasilverx1

Well...my save file disappeared...even though the battery I replaced like five days ago is still working since it now has a new file 1 which starts me at the intro stage. Maybe the save file somehow got corrupted? Regardless, I'll just be keeping the game I waited 9 or so months for in its box where it seems it'll be destined to be in for the foreseeable future and if I ever get the urge to replay the game, I will just go with the 3DS virtual console release.

With that, I'm just going to re-focus my time finishing up Dragon Warrior VII and afterwards play something else before continuing on with playing all of the main games in the DQ series this year.