Author Topic: New Valkyria Chronicles games announced!  (Read 4724 times)

kashell

New Valkyria Chronicles games announced!
« on: November 17, 2015, 02:16:47 pm »
http://www.polygon.com/2015/11/17/9749084/valkyria-chronicles-ps4-remake-sequel

An enhanced port of the original and a brand new one. Both are for the PS4!

I think I'm in love.

UPDATE: Valkyria Chronicles Remastered Coming West!!!!!!
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 10:21:56 am by kashell »

desocietas

Re: New Valkyria Chronicles games announced!
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2015, 02:22:34 pm »
Yup, I'm really excited that we're getting more VC goodness! We need more watercolor art in our video games <3
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2015, 03:11:37 pm »
Wow, and both for PS4 no less?? Incredible news!

We've gotten kicked around so much with this series, I feel like something bad has to happen. JP exclusive, or digital only, or... they'll change their mind and port it to smartphones instead... something...

gf78

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2015, 03:47:54 pm »
Very happy about this news!  It is curious though, why there are dozens of games being announced for the PS4, but skipping the Xbox One entirely.  The architecture is very similar so it makes me wonder why not do the port, even if the PS4 is the lead development console?

Square-Enix has been moving away from the Xbox One (Tomb Raider timed-exclusive as an exception) with several games including Dragon Quest Heroes, Nier, Kingdom Hearts 2.8, Star Ocean, etc.  Namco has made no mention of an Xbox One version of the next Tekken and now Sega has Announced Valkyria Chronicles for the PS4 again-with no mention of an Xbox One version.

I don't believe Sony is paying for all these games to pass the Xbox up, so what is going on?
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

kashell

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2015, 04:29:28 pm »
My guess is that Sega (and other RPG developing folks) know that their fans are on the PlayStation, especially by now.

abe

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2015, 04:32:22 pm »
I've been meaning to get the original on the PS3, but now that this is coming out I'll probably just wait and get the PS4 version at launch.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2015, 04:51:47 pm »
So is it bad that I LOVE the concept of Valkyria Chronicles but I have been playing the PS3 game and the first battle where Selvaria shows up in actual battle where you have to take out the giant tank took the wind out of my desire to play. That battle just feels so different than the others, can anyone tell me if it continues like that or if me feeling thrown off by that battle means I shouldn't try to push through?

desocietas

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2015, 04:53:40 pm »
My guess is that Sega (and other RPG developing folks) know that their fans are on the PlayStation, especially by now.

Xbox has never had as much of an RPG fanbase compared to Playstation. Playstation has had generations of great RPGS on its systems while Xbox has had... Lost Odyssey and Tales of Vesperia?

I definitely played RPGs on my 360 when I could, but as time went on, more and more publishers were going Sony-only.

I can only assume that for a more "niche" genre that maybe it's a way to save money, too.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2015, 05:43:07 pm »
So is it bad that I LOVE the concept of Valkyria Chronicles but I have been playing the PS3 game and the first battle where Selvaria shows up in actual battle where you have to take out the giant tank took the wind out of my desire to play.

Don't give up! A lot of people seem to feel like this is the stage that beats them down. Selvaria is basically invincible, so the only thing you can do is try to distract her while your other forces focus on the tank. You can use the tank as a shield against Selvaria's shots, provided you take out the tank's machine guns first.

I haven't played in ages, but this was also the first stage where I permanently lost a team member (RIP guy with sunglasses!)

All the battles in the game are different in some way. They're not all like this one.

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2015, 06:14:12 pm »
Loved Valkyria Chronicles when it came to PC and I've been hoping for this awhile...Sucks that it's PS4 only lol Oh well, hopefully I'll have a PS4 then.

desocietas

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2015, 06:44:56 pm »
Loved Valkyria Chronicles when it came to PC and I've been hoping for this awhile...Sucks that it's PS4 only lol Oh well, hopefully I'll have a PS4 then.

So many good things coming out on the PS4 in the next year or so... but a lot of stuff has been porting over to Steam these days... Who knows, maybe they'll do a simultaneous multiplatform release for the west.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

kashell

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2015, 09:01:07 am »
So is it bad that I LOVE the concept of Valkyria Chronicles but I have been playing the PS3 game and the first battle where Selvaria shows up in actual battle where you have to take out the giant tank took the wind out of my desire to play. That battle just feels so different than the others, can anyone tell me if it continues like that or if me feeling thrown off by that battle means I shouldn't try to push through?

I think I ended up watching a video guide for that battle. I refused to let any of my team members fall, so I started the battle over from scratch and was pleasantly surprised by all of the options I had.

Don't give up! Eventually, Alicia will be able to one-shot the entire battle field.

gf78

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2015, 09:08:16 am »
Xbox has never had as much of an RPG fanbase compared to Playstation. Playstation has had generations of great RPGS on its systems while Xbox has had... Lost Odyssey and Tales of Vesperia?

I definitely played RPGs on my 360 when I could, but as time went on, more and more publishers were going Sony-only.

I can only assume that for a more "niche" genre that maybe it's a way to save money, too.

It just seems strange given that the two systems (PS4 & Xbone) are so similar to program for and port games across. 

Xbox 360 actually had quite a few RPG's if I remember correctly, several exclusives too.  Last Remnant, Infinite Undiscovery and Star Ocean were all Xbox exclusives with Star Ocean getting a port over a year later to the PS3.  Then you have others like Arcania Gothic 4, Blue Dragon, Dark, Dark Messiah of Might & Magic:  Elements, Divinity II-Ego Draconis, Divinity II-The Dragon Knight Saga, Fable Anniversary, Fable II, Fable III, Happy Wars, Kingdom Under Fire-Circle of Doom, Magna Carta II, Ninety-Nine-Nights 1 & 2, Naruto-Rise of a Ninja, Operation Darkness, The Outfit, Risen, Spectral Force 3, Too Human, Two Worlds and Witcher II.  All of those were Xbox exclusive. 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

soera

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2015, 09:33:26 am »
It has to do with the JP fanbase. Xbox isnt even considered an option over there.

soera

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2015, 09:35:05 am »
Xbox 360 actually had quite a few RPG's if I remember correctly, several exclusives too.  Blue Dragon

This one angers me. I want this but I really dont want to try to get a 360 just for one game.