Author Topic: Favorite XBL Indie Games  (Read 2693 times)

Re: Favorite XBL Indie Games
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2012, 09:43:57 pm »
Let's see, other than the ones already mentioned, I enjoyed...

Shoot 1UP - A fun little shump that has a cool little mechanic in being able to control all of your 1up ships... at the same time.
Epic Dungeon - A real-time action rougelike.  Fast-paced and easy to pick up and play.
Wizorb - A block breaking game... but hold up!  It's actually really unique and fun.  Also on Steam.
Sequence - A rhythm RPG.  No, seriously.  Also on Steam.
Tempura of the Dead - It's... hard to explain.  Head juggling... platformer... with a slick retro graphics style?  That'll have to do.
Laser Cat - Exploration like VVVVVV, but not really hard and there's a cat.  What's not to love?
Techno Kitten Adventure! - (The sequel, not the original) ...It has kittens.  Also, the music is hardcore and the look on your friends' faces when you boot it up and play it is priceless.
Protect Me, Knight! - The ultimate party arcade style game.  My highest recommendation of the list.

...I spend a little too much time looking at XBLIGames.  xp
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 09:46:25 pm by gaiages »
Now Playing: Final Fantasy V Advance, Mega Man Battle Network, Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance

desocietas

« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2012, 10:10:12 pm »
Seriously, this:

http://www.amazon.com/pack-LIMBO-Trials-Splosion-Xbox-360/dp/B004QIY0Y4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1337562967&sr=8-1

Bargain. I almost want to buy it just to have a physical copy.
I did! lol

I lucked out and bought it last year when it was on sale at Best Buy for $5... Insane sale price!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2012, 10:41:06 am »

Shoot 1UP - A fun little shump that has a cool little mechanic in being able to control all of your 1up ships... at the same time.
Epic Dungeon - A real-time action rougelike.  Fast-paced and easy to pick up and play.
Wizorb - A block breaking game... but hold up!  It's actually really unique and fun.  Also on Steam.
Tempura of the Dead - It's... hard to explain.  Head juggling... platformer... with a slick retro graphics style?  That'll have to do.
Laser Cat - Exploration like VVVVVV, but not really hard and there's a cat.  What's not to love?
Techno Kitten Adventure! - (The sequel, not the original) ...It has kittens.  Also, the music is hardcore and the look on your friends' faces when you boot it up and play it is priceless.
Protect Me, Knight! - The ultimate party arcade style game.  My highest recommendation of the list.

I forgot to mention Sequence!

I've heard nothing but great things about it from all of my rpg-fan friends that have played it!

Btw - Which Agarest game are you playing & what do you think of it?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2012, 09:29:47 pm »
@disgaeniac - Yeah, it really is great fun.  There's a couple flaws, but it's worth the small sum you pay for it, whether it's on Steam or on the Xbox.

As for your other question... well, I'll send you a PM.  :)
Now Playing: Final Fantasy V Advance, Mega Man Battle Network, Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance

jcalder8

« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2012, 11:03:04 pm »

I am going to have to check out Sequence and Protect Me, Knight!

Great list!

« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2012, 06:09:28 pm »
Glad to help!  :3