Author Topic: Radiant Historia re-release!  (Read 3579 times)

soera

Radiant Historia re-release!
« on: February 24, 2012, 07:31:42 am »
I figure you may be interested in this ... http://www.atlus.com/radianthistoria/

darko

Re: Radiant Historia re-release!
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 08:19:56 pm »
Ha. Thanks... You realize you started a discussion in the forums right? :)

soera

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 08:37:04 pm »
I know. I didnt think you would be the only person interested! But used your name to make sure you saw it if I didnt see you first. :)

scott

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 09:19:00 pm »
As soon as I heard they were reprinting this, I immediately ordered it on Amazon.

There are still folks trying to sell it for over $70 bucks on there too, haha.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

soera

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2012, 12:19:42 pm »
I have a bid on one of the limited edition ones with the outer shell and a sealed soundtrack. But if that fails, Ill just buy it when it reprints.

desocietas

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2012, 08:15:19 am »
I have a bid on one of the limited edition ones with the outer shell and a sealed soundtrack. But if that fails, Ill just buy it when it reprints.

Yeah, those copies will definitely be the ones that are the high in demand.  But at least with the reprints, more people will be able to (legitimately) purchase and play this unique game.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

jcalder8

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2012, 09:21:33 pm »
What's the gameplay like?

darko

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2012, 08:00:07 pm »
What's the gameplay like?

It's almost a traditional turn based RPG. Three character party on the right side of the screen with enemies on the left. The enemies are on a 3 x 3 grid. They can move on the grid and you have the ability to push them into each other which allows your character to do damage to more than one enemy at a time. Sounds a little weird but it works very well.

The story is based around decision making. You can go back and replay certain sections sections of the game (time travel) and make different decisions which will change your future (and those of others).

Honestly, it's a little difficult to describe. Definitely worth playing and definitely something unique.

soera

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2012, 04:33:25 pm »
Well, less than 24 hours on my bid. Sadly, I bid it up before I saw the reprint thing. My bid is pretty high but its at max right now so any bump will clear me from it. I just hate to give it up cause its a sealed copy of the limited edition with the box/soundtrack CD.

jcalder8

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2012, 11:23:40 pm »
Thanks @darko, I think that I'll wait on this one and hope that I can find it for cheap one day. I've never been a fan of strategy RPGs and that's really what it sounds like.

darko

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2012, 07:34:00 am »
Yeah, it probably sounds that way because of the grid system in battles. It's kind of difficult to describe but it's definitely NOT a strategy RPG. It's a turn-based JRPG with a tweaked battle system. I'd check out Youtube before you make your final decision.

scott

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2012, 09:14:59 am »
The grid system sounds kinda like the Mega Man Battle Network games. Only without the ability to move yourself around.

darko

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2012, 01:43:16 pm »

jcalder8

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2012, 10:59:53 pm »
@darko, OMG this game looks awesome! Ok I'll be ordering a copy!

@soera do you want to change the title of the thread so that everyone knows what it is about?

scott

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2012, 12:11:37 pm »
Yeah... anytime Amazon wants to fill my order I'll be happy.