Author Topic: 52 Games Challenge *2016*  (Read 65963 times)

retroone

Re: 52 Games Challenge *2016*
« Reply #165 on: March 26, 2016, 07:37:28 pm »
1. Portal Stories: Mel (Steam) Completed The closest thing we're gonna get to Portal 3! Amazing mod! Achievement Progress 100%
2. Emily is Away (Steam) Completed I have no idea why I played this Achievement Progress 100%
3. The Walking Dead (PS4) Completed I played the series in reverse but this game is overall better than Season 2 Trophy Progress 100%
4. Teslagrad (PS4) Completed Would recommend to anyone who is interested in Metroid-esque games. Trophy Progress 100%
5. LittleBIGPlanet 3 (PS4) Completed Great game, but ruined but numerous glitches and bugs. Trophy Progress 100%
6. inFAMOUS Second Son (PS4) Completed This game is amazing. Play it now. Trophy Progress 100%
7. Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4) Completed Great game, never play through the game on UBER legit. Trophy Progress 100%
8. Gun.Smoke (NES) Beat Blistered thumbs! Used unlimited continues.
9. Aperture Tag: The Paint Gun Testing Initiative (Steam) Beat Another amazing Portal 2 mod!
10. TRANSFORMERS: Devastation (PS4) Beat Certainly a well made Transformers game, the trophy list isn't though. Trophy Progress 91%
11. Rocket League (Steam) Completed Such an amazing game I beat it twice! Achievement Progress 100%
12. Shovel Knight: Plague of Shadows (Steam) Beat For a free expansion YCG went above and beyond. 10/10

*Shovel Knight: Plague of Shadows (Steam)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 09:39:02 pm by retroone »

telly

« Reply #166 on: March 26, 2016, 07:53:38 pm »
Game 6 - Grand Theft Auto IV (PS3) - 32 Hours

Can't say that I was a huge fan of this game, however there were a few things that it did right. I really need to play GTA V or San Andreas next.

+ The shooting and driving are sooo much better than GTA III, which is the only other GTA game I've played. I also really liked doing the non-mission stuff; like getting little vignettes by talking to random people, and doing all the vigilante cop or racing side missions. It was also really fun to just drive around the city listening to the jazz radio station :)

- On the other hand, I thought the story was kind of weak. It just didn't grab me or pull me in, and there were so many random bland people that you do missions for then forget about them: it all seems kind of pointless and uninspired. The missions themselves were probably the worst for me, I wish there was a little more variety. It seemed like 90% of them were either "go to this location and chase down/kill everyone there" or "We're attacked at this special event/deal! We have to kill everyone who's in our way!" It got reallly repetitive. Lastly, the social link stuff in my opinion was really dumb. Like many people I didn't care about being forced on dates with my friends, and it got annoying only after a few times.

Back to my list
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 08:42:06 pm by telly »
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

kashell

« Reply #167 on: March 26, 2016, 09:06:23 pm »
Resonance of Fate has been finished for the second time with 100% trophy completion.

EDIT: Project X Zone 2 has been finished. I have a lot of reviews to write. @_@
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 11:26:00 am by kashell »

« Reply #168 on: March 27, 2016, 12:11:12 pm »
Latest update!

Cities: Skylines
Super Mario Maker
Mike Tyson's Punch Out!!
Tomb Raider (2013)
Alien: Isolation
Mega Man X2
LEGO Marvel's Avengers
Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright
Broforce
Halo 3: ODST
Dark Souls
Shovel Knight: Plague of Shadows
New Super Mario Bros. U
Max Payne 3
South Park: The Stick of Truth
Mega Man
Mega Man 2
Imperialism
Castlevania: Circle of the Moon
Mad Max
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 09:53:56 am by Cartagia »

« Reply #169 on: March 27, 2016, 10:21:39 pm »
Just updated... 36 games beaten out of 45 played this year.  I may try to spend this week working on some of the games I gave up on earlier this year.

I'm getting pretty close to needing a 4th post with all of my shenanigans.

maximo310

« Reply #170 on: March 28, 2016, 01:33:39 pm »
19.  Bayonetta 1 ( Wii U) Chp. 10- Man, the learning curve is strong with this game. Golem has given me the most trouble so far, but I've heard the Lumen Sage battle is more difficult. Anyways, despite my difficulties with trying to get good ratings for the stages, I really like the enemy designs and music in the game; story is also fun as well.  I love the hidden Sega references sprinkled throughout the levels as well.

« Reply #171 on: March 28, 2016, 11:32:38 pm »
15 - Hyrule Warriors Legends (3DS) - PLAYING - Just started, but I'm gonna be trying to get through this quick.  I have no plans to invest any real time into this version, cause I have a 100 hours invested in the Wii U version with tons of stuff left to do lol Mostly just gonna get through Legends mode for the story.  Sadly can't skip the main story line it seems as I just want to hurry up and get through to the Linkle/Wind Waker story.  The game plays well though, I was surprised.  There are some nice little added features, but then you see stuff they took out, as it seems like there might not be any big boss strikes when you bust their stamina down, just a generic power blast.  Not too big of a deal as it still plays very smoothly.

devancowan

« Reply #172 on: March 29, 2016, 12:59:59 pm »
Finished up Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest last night. This was the first FE game I've played and really enjoyed it. At the time I got so frustrated with trying not to lose any characters I said to myself "Once I beat this game, I'm not playing any of the others". But now that I've actually finished it I'll definitely be playing the others. So good!

Game Beat in 2016
Fallout 4 (XBone) - 01/11/2016
Tomb Raider Definitive Edition (XBone) - 02/09/2016
Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest (3DS) - 03/29/2016

« Reply #173 on: March 30, 2016, 04:51:10 am »
16 - Killer Instinct (PC) - PLAYING - Much like Street Fighter 5, it's not something to finish, but I'm gonna be playing this for abit, at least till I decide if I want to buy it or not, since it's free to play, which gives one character to play as and the tutorial stuff to do, which is incredibly challenging.  Learning the advanced mechanics is super tough, though rewarding when you get all these nutsbar combos to chain together.  I'll of course never once get them in a real match, but till then, I'll pretend I'm awesome lol There's actually a lot of leniency to the chaining inputs, where you can sorta spam them to get them out.  Not being so strict is nice compared to combos in Street Fighter which are generally harder I feel.

So far going pretty well I think on my list.  16 games played after three months.  If I continue to be consistent like this, I should make 52 games played.  Not sure about finished games since I kinda have a few games already that aren't things you really beat to have a finished state to them, but I'm mostly just trying to focus on playing games with beating them being secondary.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 05:00:41 am by kamikazekeeg »

kashell

« Reply #174 on: March 31, 2016, 09:01:01 am »
How would we count add-on content in this list? Like, I'm going through the first of four DLC episodes in Muramasa for the Vita and when all is said and done, will probably have a good 50 hours with them in total.

« Reply #175 on: March 31, 2016, 09:58:38 am »
How would we count add-on content in this list? Like, I'm going through the first of four DLC episodes in Muramasa for the Vita and when all is said and done, will probably have a good 50 hours with them in total.
I probably put about 10-20 hours into the Fallout 4 DLC Automatron, but I just counted it as a sub of Fallout 4.  (Fallout 4 is 26. Automatron is 26.1)

kashell

« Reply #176 on: March 31, 2016, 10:04:20 am »
Fair 'nuff. I'll just add Muramasa to the list at some point. I went through the main campaign last year.

« Reply #177 on: March 31, 2016, 10:11:59 am »
For me it mostly depends, I don't know about Muramasa, but if the DLC is a stand alone experience, then I'd count it.  Not necessarily stand alone content, like Infamous First Light.

I'm trying to think of an example.  Maybe the Bad Blood DLC in Watch Dogs, where I assume your stats from the main campaign doesn't cross over since you are playing as a separate character.  Or some of the DLC in Dead Rising 3?  If the DLC is basically its own story mode, I'd count it.

kashell

« Reply #178 on: March 31, 2016, 10:23:58 am »
Basically, Muramasa is divided into the main campaign and then there are four separate chapters called the Genroku Chronicles. Or maybe it's Genroku Chapters. I can't recall. Either way, each one is a side-story that takes place in the same setting but with a new character that uses a variety of different weapons.

The one I'm working on now is Fishy Tales of Nekmoata. You take control of a cat-demon that wants to take revenge on her master's murderers.

« Reply #179 on: March 31, 2016, 10:31:07 am »
Basically, Muramasa is divided into the main campaign and then there are four separate chapters called the Genroku Chronicles. Or maybe it's Genroku Chapters. I can't recall. Either way, each one is a side-story that takes place in the same setting but with a new character that uses a variety of different weapons.

The one I'm working on now is Fishy Tales of Nekmoata. You take control of a cat-demon that wants to take revenge on her master's murderers.
Yeah, I'd probably do that separately as Muramasa: Genroku Chronicles/Chapters/Whatevas