Author Topic: January 2016 Pickups and Finds  (Read 23760 times)

gf78

Re: January 2016 Pickups and Finds
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2016, 08:45:27 am »
I've been on a kick, buying PlayStation demos.  I managed to snag the Interactive Sampler Discs for the original PlayStation from 1-9 minus 3 which I already owned.  Also picked up the purple cover "PlayStation Picks" demo disc.  Also got a copy of 3Xtreme for the PS1 thrown in with the demos, complete.  Ended my little spree with the Heavenly Sword Animated Blu-Ray.

The ESPN demo on the PlayStation Picks sampler is a pretty decent diversion. So is Jumping Flash.

Those "Xtreme" games (which started out as ESPN Extreme games and then became 1Xtreme after the ESPN license expired) are cheasy, but a lot of fun.  The first one I bought was 2Xtreme and my first wife and I played that goofy $hit relentlessly! 

I've always wanted to get the Jumping Flash games, but they are usually priced pretty high, especially the first one.  I'm watching one on eBay right now that ends today so who knows.  :P
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2016, 03:43:57 pm »
Now I got a good reason to start playing the Wii U version of Shovel Knight.  I think this amiibo might be one of the most useful in terms of content earned so far as you unlock so much.

gf78

« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2016, 03:46:18 pm »
If I see one of those Amiibos out in the wild tonight, I might have to pick it up.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2016, 03:53:05 pm »
I've made a few purchase that week : my first and probably not the last Amiibo (Zelda), Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival, Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer and my first pack of the Animal Crossing card and i guess i'm very lucky since i've already got the only card that i really wanted (Marie, or Isabelle as you call her in the english version, in her SP version).

I've also received from a purchase made on ebay one of the last Star Ocean i'm missing in my collection, the japanese Director's Cut Edition of Star Ocean Till the End of Time (i've already pre-order the japanese Ultimate Box for SO5 Integrity & Faithlessness so i'm only missing the PS3 version of SO4 and the Eternal Edition for SO1 on PSP, i'm almost there :D).

And the last thing i've found in a thrift shop is a limited edition cardboard box containing 3 books (manga) on Suikoden 5: Lorsque Point le jour (Yoake no Toki), Là où s'en vont les étoiles (Hoshi no Kaeru Tokoro) and La promesse d'un sourire (Egao no Yakusoku) for 3€ (all in french of course and it's like new  8)).

« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 03:58:32 pm by metshael »

« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2016, 04:06:46 pm »
If I see one of those Amiibos out in the wild tonight, I might have to pick it up.

Might get lucky.  Gamestop only had a couple, but I went there and saw that there were still a few hanging around on the back counter, which I would think means that people aren't really scrambling for this one.

retroone

« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2016, 08:37:30 pm »
PS4
Fallout 4
Godzilla
The Walking Dead/400 Days
TRANSFORMERS: Devastation
LittleBigPlanet 3
Shovel Knight (Physical)

Steam
Rocket League
Bubsy Two-Fur
Aperture Science Paint Gun Testing Initiative

« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2016, 11:01:59 am »
Picked up a couple of games this month... As well as a few Amiibo and some Disney Infinity that I promised myself I would not start collecting lol.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2016, 03:29:13 pm »
First actual game pickup of 2016 for me is... Guilty Gear 2 Overture for the 360 this is a cheap but hard to find Little Bastard

90snostalga

« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2016, 08:29:45 pm »
Picked up a Saturn with all cords, Sega branded controller and Virtua Cop for 25.  I'm happy about it

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2016, 01:13:01 am »
I saw the Shovel Knight Amiibo and also could not resist picking up that and the game for 3DS.

I decided on the 3DS version because it feels like it's the only system where the games are expected to work out of the box without updates.

Funny thing is... It requires an update to recognize the amiibo. :)

GameStop was also kind enough to give me a bunch of their Tomb Raider promo stuff they were going to toss. It should make for a better Retro Reload backdrop.

Wii
Rabbits Go Home

WiiU
Lego City Under Cover
Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze

Amiibo
Shovel Knight
Blue Yarn Yoshi

Misc
Zelda Zahtzee

3DS
Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance
Shovel Knight

Promo
Lots of large empty Tomb Raider boxes

« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 01:19:12 am by dashv »

maximo310

« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2016, 01:47:43 am »
Pretty decent week for pickups:
Online:
Solatorobo(DS)- Came with everything except for the cover art insert and manual ( big box+cd were included)-$50
Ikaruga (Gamecube) CIB- $25

GS
Shin Megami Tensei Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers Launch Edition CIB - $15.97
Point Blank DS-$2
Korg DS-10 Synthizer Plus (DS)-$10
Yggdra Union(PSP)- $5
Drone Tactics(DS)- $2
Dragon Quest V CIB (DS)- $22

« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2016, 09:09:52 am »
Picked up a super gameboy with manual and guide for 12$ on ebay.

spac316

« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2016, 04:26:43 pm »
Got Daxter for PSP and Mortal Kombat for Game Gear as well as books for Kirby Air Ride and Super Off Road.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2016, 06:32:18 pm »
Picked up a super gameboy with manual and guide for 12$ on ebay.

That's a good price for that all together. :)

Spac nice Super Off Road manual pickup. Do you have the game?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 11:07:01 pm by dashv »

davifus

« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2016, 07:04:33 pm »
Got Daxter for PSP and Mortal Kombat for Game Gear as well as books for Kirby Air Ride and Super Off Road.

I absolutely love Daxter. It has to be one of the best psp games.
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)