Author Topic: SNES NA  (Read 2171 times)

matt

SNES NA
« on: March 05, 2011, 01:51:51 pm »
I just did a bulk update on the SNES NA category. All releases "should" be listed but there is some clean up to do. I'm going through and removing duplicates now and cleaning up some titles.

Re: SNES NA
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2011, 02:03:06 pm »
can you lock a category once its complete? To prevent dupes from being created...

scott

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2011, 02:05:26 pm »
That would be nice. As long as we know we have any variants listed?
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2011, 02:13:24 pm »
Should variants be listed along side the rest? Wouldn't that create confusion with the non hardcore folks?

I know there was a small discussion in another thread and its already being done within the NES lists with the screw variants, but wouldn't that be better suited to have it listed within the optional details of a game?

Something like a check box for screw type and a empty field for label variations within the optional details.

tpugmire

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2011, 02:06:46 pm »
Arghh...  I had a lengthy, well thought out post, and then something happened and it's gone forever.  Oh well.

Short story, I think every variation should be a separate listing.  There's not all that many anyway.  I think that throwing all the variations into one listing will do more harm than good because a lot of collectors have at least a few games that have different versions.  Looking at the Atari 2600 games, most have at least 2 different labels.  Some have 5 or 6.  That can get confusing very fast.  If the "non hardcore" people didn't know about a variation going in, they most likely won't care, or it might even open them up to a whole new aspect of collecting.  Not to mention, this has already been covered in the style guide.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

matt

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2011, 02:41:29 pm »
I'm with @tpugmire on this one. We want each variation to have it's own unique listing. Combining them would cause more trouble that it's worth from a programming standpoint and for the end user. As a semi-hardcore collector, I want to see an entire list of every cart available and not have to click through to see variations.

Let's continue to list them separately and title them properly as per the style guide.