Author Topic: Nintendo NX and Achievements/Trophies  (Read 1816 times)

DreamsDied13101

PRO Supporter

Nintendo NX and Achievements/Trophies
« on: February 01, 2016, 12:23:48 am »
What is everyone's opinion if Nintendo should include achievements/trophies for their new console(s)?

My personal choice is that they should. It would be cool to see a unique spin on it, but I'm sure that is hard to get third party publishers onboard.

I always thought it would be nice to show things I have accomplished in my Nintendo games with more than just a screenshot using Miiverse.
The Day That Dreams Died 01/31/01

Re: Nintendo NX and Achievements/Trophies
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2016, 12:52:57 am »
I've always thought achievements/trophies were completely useless and add almost no value to any game whatsoever lol

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2016, 08:40:13 am »
I suspect if Nintendo implements "Achievements" it will be not unlike NintendoLand, where you get "stamps" for completing certain goals.  Which will actually give you stamps to use in the Miiverse.

aliensstudios

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2016, 09:11:32 am »
I think they should include achievements just to get the modern outsider gamers to stop poking fun at them. I think it's be cool if the NX had themes like the 3DS and playing games and getting achievements would unlock some cool themes based off the game instead of having to pay for them. It'd be cool if Miiverse continued on the NX and stamps returned as well. Idk though, achievements are kind of pointless imo.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

kashell

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2016, 09:29:07 am »
I like the idea of achievements and such. For some games, I have more fun with them by going for all of the trophies. Watching them "ding" in the upper part of the screen gives a fun sense of satisfaction.

At the same time, though, they don't really do much.

I'm indifferent with NX's decision on this.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2016, 10:04:31 am »
Some people love trophies/achievements.  Some don't care.  I don't think there are many folks that are just anti-achievements.
Put them in there for the folks that do care.  It's a no lose situation. 

rayne315

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2016, 01:26:16 pm »
I believe Achievements have a major role in social gaming. so to me any gaming platform that allows you to have friends, look at what they are playing, game library, etc, needs something like this to show the accolades of that particular gamer.

At the same time this is Nintendo we are talking about. they will not just simply do something like trophies/achievements, they will make whatever you achieve usable in some sort of way. like the stamp concept from Mario wii u games, where you can leave messages for others and design things with these achievements you collect.

and as turf mentioned it is a no lose situation putting them in.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2016, 07:48:05 pm »
I don't mind Nintendo's stamp stuff.  I don't really use Miiverse or anything that would utilize them, but at least those have some sort of legitimate collection aspect to them with some minor use.  Kinda like with Steam and the cards that'll get people emoticons and backgrounds.  That's useful to me.  I wouldn't mind achievements if they did them more like that with steam than the more bland use of the gamer score and tropies on consoles.  Actually reward people with something for going about doing achievements.

devancowan

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2016, 09:42:52 pm »
I would love to see Nintendo add achievements to their new console. One of my favourite things to do in games in hunt for achievements and I think Nintendo is missing out by not having that social aspect

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2016, 07:16:02 am »
If they'd make a system where your achievements can actually get you some kind of rewards, sure. But if it's like the rest of these systems where all you get for the grind is a useless pile of points or icons, then no. That time would be better spent working on implementing something else more worthwhile.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2016, 12:03:56 pm »
I say add them, you get the trophies hunters to buy your games. I enjoy trophies sometimes, depending on the game, ill try and get them,
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730