Author Topic: February 2016 Pick Up's and Finds.  (Read 28768 times)

spac316

Re: February 2016 Pick Up's and Finds.
« Reply #90 on: February 12, 2016, 07:45:01 pm »
Got Contra Shattered Soldier and Soul Calibur II for PS2. Also got Kirby Squeak Squad and Mario vs. Donkey Kong Mini-land mayhem for NDS!

retrogemcollector

« Reply #91 on: February 13, 2016, 02:09:48 am »

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #92 on: February 13, 2016, 12:19:06 pm »
Xenoblade Chronicles X Soundtrack CD

Devil's Third Wii U (Amazon Restock)

davifus

« Reply #93 on: February 13, 2016, 04:33:03 pm »
"It's Beginning to look a lot like Christmas"
Got some package from DataDisc, Gf78, and Soera.

"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

theflea

« Reply #94 on: February 13, 2016, 08:20:15 pm »
Had some luck with Thrift stores this week and picked up three new game consoles. One being one of the rarest consoles.

PS4
- Duck Dynasty (on a clearance table for $7)

XBone
- Just Cause 3 (on sale for $35)
- Forza Motorsport 6 (on sale for $31)
- Watch Dogs (on sale for $8)

3DS
- Mario Golf World Tour (on sale for $9)

XB360
- Skyrim Legendary Edition ($8)

PSP
I saw on a Facebook classified page a PSP Go for $20, while not a fan of this download only system, it is a variation of the PSP and it was cheap. Also found these two PSP games at a Goodwill for only $1.50 each.
- My Spanish Coach
- Legend of Heroes

Wii
Saw this was an exclusive Wii game from Mexico and it was dirt cheap.
- El Chavo

NDS
- You Don't Know Jack (on sale for $5)

XB
Found this at the same Goodwill as the PSP games. Was only $3.
- Crash Nitro Kart

GC
Found this at a Salvation Army.
- Naruto: Clash of Ninja ($2)

DC
Finally I picked up the last DC game I needed and now have a complete DC collection.
- NBA 2K2

SAT
Found these at a Salvation Army for $2 each.
- PGA Tour 97
- NHL All-Star Hockey
- Defcon 5

GEN
At that same Salvation Army I saw a small stack of Genesis carts behind the counter and when they showed me the games two of the games I had to buy. The last was a baseball game and they only wanted $2 a piece.
- Streets of Rage 2
- Castlevania Bloodlines

I found this console cheap, I was on the fence about buying it but I couldn't pass it up. The console is so weird looking.
- Interactive Vision

And last a game console that's been on my most wanted list, most people want well over $1,000 for this system and I got for less then half of that. A beautiful console and I'm so happy I was able to get one.
- Sega Wondermega  ;D

« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 08:56:24 pm by theflea »
"Happy game hunting!!!"

« Reply #95 on: February 13, 2016, 08:39:43 pm »
Had some luck with Thrift stores this week and picked up three new game consoles. One being one of the rarest consoles.

PS4
- Duck Dynasty (on a clearance table for $7)

XBone
- Just Cause 3 (on sale for $35)
- Forza Motorsport 6 (on sale for $31)
- Watch Dogs (on sale for $8)

3DS
- Mario Golf World Tour (on sale for $9)

XB360
- Skyrim Legendary Edition ($8)

PSP
I saw on a Facebook classified page a PSP Go for $20, while not a fan of this download only system, it is a variation of the PSP and t was cheap. Also found these two PSP games at a Goodwill for only $1.50 each.
- My Spanish Coach
- Legend of Heroes

Wii
Saw this was an exclusive Wii game from Mexico and it was dirt cheap.
- El Chavo

NDS
- Your Don't Know Jack (on sale for $5)

XB
Found this at the same Goodwill as the PSP games. Was only $3.
- Crash Nitro Kart

GC
Found this at a Salvation Army.
- Naruto: Clash of Ninja ($2)

DC
Finally I picked up the last DC game I needed and now have a complete DC collection.
- NBA 2K2

SAT
Found these at a Salvation Army for $2 each.
- PGA Tour 97
- NHL All-Star Hockey
- Defcon 5

GEN
At that same Salvation Army I saw a small stack of Genesis carts behind the counter and when they showed me the games two of the games I had to buy. The last was a baseball game and they only wanted $2 a piece.
- Streets of Rage 2
- Castlevania Bloodlines

I found this console cheap, I was on the fence about buying it but I couldn't pass it up. The console is so weird looking.
- Interactive Vision

And last a game console that's been on my most wanted list, most people want well over $1,000 for this system and I got for less then half of that. A beautiful console and I'm so happy I was able to get one.
- Sega Wondermega  ;D
I really wish my stores were like this still.  Years ago stuff like this was on the daily.  Now all the Goodwills list stuff on Amazon and ebay if it is worth over $10.  Pawnshops list stuff on craigslist and ebay and price over VGPC.  Game stores price super high, and if you catch them slipping, they change the price and threaten to kick you out.  Even garage sales folks want ridiculous prices because they heard video games were worth gold.

I so sad.

In other news, I picked up Tokyo Xtreme Racer Drift 2 for $4 and while I was at that same place I picked up a copy of Unreal Tournament for the PS2 off the shelf and opened it up, had the manual, but it had Kensei Sacred Fist for PS1 in the case, so I bought that too for $4.  These are the deals I find now.  I think this might be my first "retro" pick up of the year.

I also regretfully took part in that Buy 1 Get 2 free at Target, got Resident Evil Revelation 2 (PS4), Heroes of Ruin (3DS), and Murdered: Soul Suspect (PS4) for $30.  I had a gift card so really I only paid $3, but I wish I had waited a day to get them to price match RER2 with BB to get all of the games for $20 instead.  The store was erroneously ringing up the game for $30, but I couldn't prove the other stores had it for $20.

Also got my big BAWX from Soera.  Tons of fun stuff in it.

And I was talking with my wife about this one Tiny Toon game I used to love as a kid and how I was going to play it soon, then I realized that the Tiny Toon game I had wasn't the one I had referred to... so I bought it and another 5 or so games because they were cheap, those should all be coming in the mail in the next week or two.

theflea

« Reply #96 on: February 13, 2016, 09:37:57 pm »
I really wish my stores were like this still.  Years ago stuff like this was on the daily.  Now all the Goodwills list stuff on Amazon and ebay if it is worth over $10.  Pawnshops list stuff on craigslist and ebay and price over VGPC.  Game stores price super high, and if you catch them slipping, they change the price and threaten to kick you out.  Even garage sales folks want ridiculous prices because they heard video games were worth gold.

I so sad.

I hear ya, I gave up on thrift stores for a long time, but I've had some great luck with two in my area lately. So I've been hitting them every week. The store where I got the Genesis and Saturn games also had a NES system with 2 controllers for $28. I didn't buy it.
I tried hitting all the other thrift stores in my area and all the others where the same crap. So I'm hitting the one Salvation Army and the one Goodwill that I've been having luck with til they ruin it.

Here Craigslist is a joke, mostly overpriced and any good deals are snatched up by resellers so fast no one else has a chance.
I have several Pawn shops around here but I never find anything worth buying there. Most here wont even take in anything retro.
Most prices are jacked up I don't know how they stay in business.

I still have luck from garage sales, but I do get those people who jack up prices. I even had to pull out the VGPG app and show them where prices should be and they need to beat that if they want to sell anything.
"Happy game hunting!!!"

« Reply #97 on: February 13, 2016, 11:02:30 pm »

I so sad.

I hear ya, I gave up on thrift stores for a long time, but I've had some great luck with two in my area lately. So I've been hitting them every week. The store where I got the Genesis and Saturn games also had a NES system with 2 controllers for $28. I didn't buy it.
I tried hitting all the other thrift stores in my area and all the others where the same crap. So I'm hitting the one Salvation Army and the one Goodwill that I've been having luck with til they ruin it.

Here Craigslist is a joke, mostly overpriced and any good deals are snatched up by resellers so fast no one else has a chance.
I have several Pawn shops around here but I never find anything worth buying there. Most here wont even take in anything retro.
Most prices are jacked up I don't know how they stay in business.

I still have luck from garage sales, but I do get those people who jack up prices. I even had to pull out the VGPG app and show them where prices should be and they need to beat that if they want to sell anything.
Pawn shops stay in business with their loans, dont even need to sell most of the junk.

« Reply #98 on: February 13, 2016, 11:18:59 pm »
I get the itch to hunt every once and a while, and luckily when I do I end up finding some pretty cool stuff. The highlight was Jumping Flash, arguably my #1 most wanted PS1 game.

« Reply #99 on: February 14, 2016, 07:26:11 am »
That was a pretty big week for me, first with my moving and now with unpacking all that stuff, still need to create a few shelves to finally sort everything, it will be a busy month  ::)

But i've still got a few things:

First from a friend that came to help me and he didn't come empty-handed, he found a pack of old PC games in Big Box for 1€ each at a thrift shop, he doesn't care about them but know how much i love them :

-The 7th Guest (cib)
-The 11th Hour (cib)
-Tex Murphy Overseer (cib)
-Under a Killing Moon (cib)
-Dark Project (aka Thief: The Dark Project) (cib)
-Dark Project II (aka Thief II: The Metal Age) (cib)
-Civilization II (cib)
-Star Wars Force Commander, and it come with Star Wars Rebellion inside too as it is stated on the box (cib for Force Commander, only have the disk for Rebellion)
-Dragon Lore II (cib)
-JSF Joint Strike Fighter (cib)
-Baldur's Gate: Tales of the Sword Coast  8) (cib)
-Odyssée: Sur les Traces d'Ulysse (aka Odyssey: The Search for Ulysses) (cib)
-Gothic II (cib)... and that i don't think he found it at the thrift shop (and not for one €...) but i accepted it anyway, it's the German edition of my favorite pc game in a very pretty box.

I've received my Wootbox, a sort of LootCrate but made by a French website, a bit less pricey than LootCrate but not so much stuff inside, that month theme was Fantasy and i've got a Funko Pop Skyrim (the Daedric Warrior), a t-shirt GoT/Warcraft crossover, a little (and i really say little) poster of GoT, the first book of The Witcher (that i already have) and a card game with characters from Warcraft, LotR, Thor and Zelda, that was my first box from that site and probably the last (unless the theme is really something i like).

Found a shop that was having a sale on a few sealed games, i've got:
- Defiance Collector's Edition for Defiance on PS3 for 12€
- Risen 2 Collector's Edition for Xbox 360 for 9,99€
- Game of Thrones: Genesis Collector's Edition on PC for 5€ (not much of a collector for this one, a pretty steelbook, two artworks and a small poster of the map)
- Call of Duty Black Ops II on WiiU for 3€
- Resident Evil Revelations on 3DS for 3€

And my last finding was at a thrift shop, got a few games for 1€ each:
-Saint Seiya: Sanctuary (PS2) (missing manual)
-Galleon (Xbox) (missing manual)
-Battle Engine Aquila (PS2) (cib)
-Aliens Vs Predator Extinction (PS2) (cib)
-Robin Hood: Defender of the Crown (PS2) (cib)
-Guncom 2 (PS2) (cib)
-Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Heroes 2 (PSP) (cib)
-Prince of Persia: Revelations (PSP) (cib)
-Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow (PSP) (cib)

In the same shop i've found:
-W.I.T.C.H. on GBA (cib) for 2€
-The Dreamcast Keyboard for 5,99€ (sadly not cib, missing any documentation that was inside)
And my last item is also my only regret for this week: the Collector's Edition for Batman Arkham Asylum on Xbox 360 for 10€, the slipcase need a LOT a cleaning with all the old half-removed prices and it is also broken on the right side but i don't really mind that... the bad thing was when i opened that box, that Batarang... seriously that Batarang, a piece of plastic glued to it's socle (yes i would have throw it a few times  :-[) and scratched all over, i thought it was only mine that was like that since it was used but no it's the original state of that item... Just why Eidos... Why ?

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #100 on: February 14, 2016, 09:15:21 am »
Picked up 3 games yesterday

Project Zero: Maiden of Blackwater LE (30 euros)
Bloodborne (40 euros)
Sega ultimate megadrive collection (10 euros)
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

Flashback2012

« Reply #101 on: February 15, 2016, 03:08:38 am »
Nice little batch of pick-ups this weekend :)

DS
Fossil League: Dino Tournament Championship (CIB)
Spore Creatures (CIB)

GBC
Little Mermaid II Pinball Frenzy (Box and Book only)

Genesis
Eternal Champions (CIB)
Formula One (CIB)
G-LOC: Air Battle (CIB)
Hard Drivin' (CIB)
Streets of Rage 2 (CIB)
Taz-Mania (CIB)

SMS
Black Belt (CIB)

SNES
Championship Pool (CIB)
Dig & Spike Volleyball (CIB)

Wii
Rayman Raving Rabbids (CIB)

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #102 on: February 15, 2016, 11:07:19 am »
Theflea,

Congrats on completing your Dreamcast collection!

abe

« Reply #103 on: February 15, 2016, 12:41:30 pm »
Got a yellow Game Boy in the mail from Japan today. Even came with Hoshi no Kirby for free. :) I plan on installing a backlight in it later today along with a bivert chip.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

theflea

« Reply #104 on: February 15, 2016, 08:34:51 pm »
Theflea,

Congrats on completing your Dreamcast collection!

Thanks man, It was my goal for last year and I came close with all but one.
For some reason I had a tough time finding this last game that wasn't over $10.

This year I hope to complete my US NES collection (not counting holy grail games like NWC90, Stadium Events, Cheetahmen 2, etc...)
"Happy game hunting!!!"