Author Topic: Photo edits getting rejected  (Read 1184 times)

retromangia

PRO Supporter

Photo edits getting rejected
« on: February 06, 2016, 02:11:12 pm »
Whats up guys,

I recently uploaded 3 pics for Top Gear: RPM Tuning for Xbox, and all 3 were rejected. These pictures were legit, and done right like i always do. I'd like to know why please.

thanks,
Retro

aliensstudios

Re: Photo edits getting rejected
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2016, 12:23:30 am »
I've had them rejected before too when they were all correct (I know because upon re-submission the edit was approved). Be patient and resubmit the photo edits, chances are if they were done correctly, they should be accepted. I don't know how tedious it must be to go through each edit and change but I imagine it's a pain in the arse. I always forget that a real person is looking at theses, not just some bot. Hopefully a mod will get back to you if it's something incorrect.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2016, 07:14:08 am »
I rejected some of your edits, because the pictures were corrupted or black. Try one more time and check the picture format, should be JPG.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 09:41:53 am by mastafafik »

retromangia

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2016, 01:56:29 pm »
I thought that might have something to do with it... they were .png format... thanks guys!

I'll go convert them to .jpg and re-submit...that the should fix it.

karyann

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2016, 02:49:51 pm »
Please make sure to use an application to convert your files, and not simply rename the file's extension. This is what causes black images, because the real encoding is different from the file extension  :)

That said, PNG have a tendency to do weird things, so JPG is usually the better way to go.

aliensstudios

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2016, 03:08:10 pm »
Please make sure to use an application to convert your files, and not simply rename the file's extension. This is what causes black images, because the real encoding is different from the file extension  :)

That said, PNG have a tendency to do weird things, so JPG is usually the better way to go.
Darn it, I've been submitting PNG's exclusively. Knowing this, I'll convert them to JPEG from now on.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

desocietas

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2016, 03:24:09 pm »
Yeah, sorry, it might not be obvious to the admin that it was probably an issue with the image being a .png file. I just messaged someone this morning because I rejected 3 images that looked like black squares to me, so I told them that they could probably resubmit after converting them to .jpg
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas