Author Topic: PSP Game Disk Not Working  (Read 4512 times)

rayne315

Re: PSP Game Disk Not Working
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2016, 12:53:25 pm »
To me, it sounds like the data on the disc itself is corrupted.  It's an inherent danger, especially when storing media in temperature extremes.  Games at flea markets or that people had boxed up in their garage experience large temperature variations and are exposed to various amounts of moisture as the temperature fluctuates. 

Not saying this is the case with your particular game, but those temp extremes cause the adhesive that holds to two halves of the disc together to losen, allowing moisture and air inside.  This reacts with the aluminum layer that contains the data and virtually destroys it.   :(

Good point! I'm willing to accept the loss. It was only $1.00 from a thrift store.  :P I learned a lot from this thread. So I appreciate all of your help.  :D

No problem! If you need any more help keep posting, Chances are great someone on here will know the answer. Also welcome to the forums!
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2016, 12:59:27 pm »
To me, it sounds like the data on the disc itself is corrupted.  It's an inherent danger, especially when storing media in temperature extremes.  Games at flea markets or that people had boxed up in their garage experience large temperature variations and are exposed to various amounts of moisture as the temperature fluctuates. 

Not saying this is the case with your particular game, but those temp extremes cause the adhesive that holds to two halves of the disc together to losen, allowing moisture and air inside.  This reacts with the aluminum layer that contains the data and virtually destroys it.   :(

Good point! I'm willing to accept the loss. It was only $1.00 from a thrift store.  :P I learned a lot from this thread. So I appreciate all of your help.  :D

No problem! If you need any more help keep posting, Chances are great someone on here will know the answer. Also welcome to the forums!

Thank you for the support and welcome! I love this place so much!  :D

gf78

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2016, 01:53:34 pm »
You are very welcome and of course, welcome to the VGC forums gamercomposer.   8)
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us