Author Topic: Does anyone own any super rare games  (Read 15736 times)

Re: Does anyone own any super rare games
« Reply #60 on: March 13, 2016, 10:07:50 pm »
Do rare variants count? I have this version of Gran Turismo 3 and it is apparently the only photo of this variant on the Internet.

« Reply #61 on: March 14, 2016, 01:38:57 am »
Nope. The rarest thing I own would be a small-box "Display only" box for Super Metroid that I bought unknowingly. Most of them were supposed to have been chucked out/destroyed when the game was released, so it's a pretty cool thing to have.

« Reply #62 on: March 24, 2016, 04:07:32 am »
I have a boxed Flintstones: Surprise at Dinosaur Peak. Sold the manual a few years back to fund a few other game purchases. Probably should not have done that :-(

desocietas

« Reply #63 on: March 24, 2016, 02:09:23 pm »
I have a boxed Flintstones: Surprise at Dinosaur Peak. Sold the manual a few years back to fund a few other game purchases. Probably should not have done that :-(

Awwww, we all have our regret stories  :'(  I still have a hard time selling anything these days, even if I have a dupe. There's always the "what if" question!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

sworddude

« Reply #64 on: March 27, 2016, 08:23:07 pm »
One of my biggest regrets was opening a factory sealed pal UKV copy of fire emblem radiant dawn wii.

I was a beginning collector and radiant dawn was so hard to get at that time new. Stores were not selling it until one day some guy sold em for 45 euro's shipped original factory sealed red nintendo strip brand new and english versions as a added bonus copies.

Not only is the british english version the most desirable and expensive one to get in europe but also really hard to get in my country with only dutch copies for such games.

I did enjoy the game at that time but as the fire emblem fan that am I will likely never come across a factory sealed copy for 45

I wish I would have just left it unopened and gotten myself a used dutch copy for 20 30 while keeping the UK one sealed :'(

Even used dutch copies used are 70 these days.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 08:30:55 pm by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

desocietas

« Reply #65 on: March 27, 2016, 09:41:14 pm »
One of my biggest regrets was opening a factory sealed pal UKV copy of fire emblem radiant dawn wii.

I was a beginning collector and radiant dawn was so hard to get at that time new. Stores were not selling it until one day some guy sold em for 45 euro's shipped original factory sealed red nintendo strip brand new and english versions as a added bonus copies.

Not only is the british english version the most desirable and expensive one to get in europe but also really hard to get in my country with only dutch copies for such games.

I did enjoy the game at that time but as the fire emblem fan that am I will likely never come across a factory sealed copy for 45

I wish I would have just left it unopened and gotten myself a used dutch copy for 20 30 while keeping the UK one sealed :'(

Aw, I know that feel. I *almost* opened up my sealed copy of Xenoblade Chronicles... just for the Club Nintendo points... but I'm glad I got talked out of it. I have since then found a used copy I can play and realize now how rare a sealed copy is. Even though they "reprinted" more copies, none from that second wave were sealed.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

PlayerC90

« Reply #66 on: April 03, 2016, 02:15:10 am »
The closest thing I own that you could call rare is probably my copy of the european physical release of Elminage Original on PSP, sealed. There is one copy on ebay right now of a person trying to sell it for 300€.

(sorry for the bad picture)

« Reply #67 on: April 03, 2016, 08:28:15 am »
I don't really know if what i own is rare or not, usually i just buy games that i want to play or games that i don't have when they're cheap and i don't check if they are rare or what value they have (i don't really care about that). But a few years ago, a few months before Ar Tonelico II was released i read on a French forum that the game was going to be released in Europe but less than 1000 units (800~ if i remember correctly) will be released with a French backcover and manual (the game was still in English) so everyone on the forum thought it was going to be pretty difficult to find one if we didn't pre-order it before the release, i don't know if that's really true but in almost 7 years since the release of that game the only copy with the french backcover that i've seen is the one i own, all other copy that i've seen were in English.

« Reply #68 on: May 02, 2016, 04:12:46 am »

I did the same thing.

I walked into a Gamestop and they had three sealed copies on sale for €10 each. I only had enough money for one. So I took it home and played it. It still bugs me to this day that I didn't buy all three as sealed copies were going for €120 only a few months later.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 04:14:49 am by kmacdw »

desocietas

« Reply #69 on: May 02, 2016, 11:15:08 am »
I did the same thing.

I walked into a Gamestop and they had three sealed copies on sale for €10 each. I only had enough money for one. So I took it home and played it. It still bugs me to this day that I didn't buy all three as sealed copies were going for €120 only a few months later.

I've totally done the same at some point. The only thing I can tell myself is that hopefully another gamer/collector was also able to snag a copy of the game at an affordable price (and wouldn't have been able to afford it months later).
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #70 on: May 06, 2016, 04:57:34 am »
I have some rare games but not impossible to find I think... maybe Wallobee Jack: The Bingi Burra Stone.

« Reply #71 on: June 26, 2020, 08:13:18 pm »
BUMPED 6-26-2020

Going by how many collecters have a copy of this on this site

World Championship Paintball

I know there is a ton of PS2 collectors out there and only 21 have this listed in their collection I will be honest this game was not that good of a game at first impression and the price currently everywhere is $10 USD maximum I would not recommend it but I'll have to play this game again to see if my opinion changes
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #72 on: June 27, 2020, 01:21:02 am »
I've been told my Jill Stuart Sweet Limited Package PSP from Japan is rare and yes that is the actual name.I don't know if these count but my best stuff would probably be Panzer Dragoon Saga,Kuon,Final Fight Guy,Pocky & Rocky 2 ,Bomber Man Second Attack,Zombie Nation but nothing really crazy.

undertakerprime

PRO Supporter

« Reply #73 on: July 04, 2020, 08:26:51 pm »
Well, I know the most valuable item I own is Clay Fighter Sculptors Cut, which I bought myself from my local Blockbuster back when they were getting rid of a bunch of their old N64 games in the early 2000s. So I’m guessing that’s my rarest.

But when it comes to collection items that are in the fewest collections on this site...I used to be able to see that info on a game’s page but I can’t figure out how anymore. Am I missing something, or was that feature removed?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2020, 08:29:54 pm by undertakerprime »

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #74 on: July 06, 2020, 01:25:04 pm »
I own a Sega Mega Play arcade motherboard.

It’s basically a Sega Genesis with 4 custom cartridge slots. The cart size and number of pins is the same but they changed the pin order around to prevent normal cartridges from working.

It was only released in Europe and was kinda Sega’s answer to the Play Choice 10.

It didn’t see release for very long and currently only 2 full cabs and 13 arcade boards are known to still exist.

I also own a Game Action Replay for NES.

It’s a completely different product than the Pro Action Replay and was only on shelves for 3 months before being banned by a court order from Nintendo.

You have to open your Nes to install it and it basically gives you true hardware level slow motion and save states.

I also have an arcade board for Battletoads.

NBA Jam TE arcade cab with Mortal Kombat playable characters (was banned by the NBA)

Smash TV arcade cab with the Pleasure Dome (most boards are actually missing this as the “secret rooms and collecting keys” was originally just the devs trolling gamers.

I also have the limited edited of Attack From Mars the pinball game with a giant Martian topper (only 1,000 made)

And MidEval Madness Royal Edition pinball game (1 of less than 500 made) with a giant king of Payne and trolls topper.

Lastly (that I can remember) I have the Retro USB extremely rare ET NES repro that you could only get by mail order.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 01:27:24 pm by dashv »