Author Topic: Has anyone ever played the BSX version of Legend of Zelda  (Read 4476 times)

killerchameleon

Has anyone ever played the BSX version of Legend of Zelda
« on: March 01, 2012, 07:31:23 pm »
Wow I didn’t know this existed, I’m in love with the game all over again.

Photobucket

jobocan

Re: Has anyone ever played the BSX version of Legend of Zelda
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 07:40:37 pm »
Yeah, it's pretty cool. Cool graphic upgrade and new dungeon layouts, great stuff. Too bad it's nearly impossible to play in its original format nowadays, emulation is really the only way.

Here's a review for anyone interested (and also a history about the Satellaview): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDVxSm-_iM4

darko

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 07:46:07 pm »
I'm pretty sure you can get a repro of it. I'm almost positive I've seen it. I'd link it but gamereproductions is down at the moment so the guy running it can catch up on orders. SUCKS because I was going to make an order tonight :(

scott

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 09:32:26 pm »
Speaking of reproduction games. The guy that sells Battle Kid for NES has a couple reproduction carts I need to get soon. Kid Dracula for Famicom, translated to English and VS. Castlevania. Too sweet.

I was looking at the place you were talking about darko too. They have some really sweet stuff on there too.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

jcalder8

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 10:56:55 pm »
I'm not the biggest Zelda fan but these look fantastic. I am going to have to try and track down the repos of these.

jobocan

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2012, 05:03:35 am »
Speaking of reproduction games. The guy that sells Battle Kid for NES has a couple reproduction carts I need to get soon. Kid Dracula for Famicom, translated to English and VS. Castlevania. Too sweet.

In regards to the Famicom Kid Dracula, I wonder if it wouldn't be better to go for the actual Famicom cart... it's generally cheaper, and there's really a whole lot of text (other than the quiz boss, which seems like it may actually ask questions in the same order every time).

scott

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2012, 05:27:30 am »
It would, if I had a famicom or a converter... but buying either and the game would actually be more than the repro I believe.

jobocan

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2012, 06:26:33 am »
It would, if I had a famicom or a converter... but buying either and the game would actually be more than the repro I believe.

But then that would give you the chance to get more Famicom games! That's how I'd see it anyways, there's a lot of really good Famicom exclusives. (or you could make your own famicom converter with a gyromite cart which should be easy to find for cheap)

scott

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2012, 06:49:21 am »
True enough.

darko

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2012, 04:18:18 pm »
For what it's worth I've ordered several things from gamereproductions.com and nesreproductions.com. I've never had an issue with either.

scott

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2012, 01:52:17 pm »
Interesting. I found a copy of Gyromite at the store today for a Buck. Picked it up and cracked it open when I got home and there is only a circuit board in there. No adapter.

foxhack

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2012, 02:00:43 pm »

I was looking at the place you were talking about darko too. They have some really sweet stuff on there too.

Oh yeah, I just looooooooooooooove it when people like him make money off other people's work. Especially mine.

scott

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2012, 02:08:52 pm »
@foxhack oh? Care to elaborate?

foxhack

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2012, 03:09:05 pm »
Who do you think DID that Kid Dracula translation?

http://www.foxhack.net/trans/im-kid-dracula/

jcalder8

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2012, 03:25:53 pm »
@foxhack That sucks. I hadn't thought that they would take someone else's work to do it.