Author Topic: What does your collection specalise in?  (Read 8438 times)

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

Re: What does your collection specalise in?
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2016, 10:25:18 pm »
Nothing, though i am tempted to get an entire collection for N64, since its my fav all time system.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2016, 10:50:18 pm »
Not a lot of western games. Mostly JRPGs, fighting games, rhythm games, and other varied stuff.

3DS FC: 3394 - 4954 - 1426 (please message me if you add me!)
Wii U: digicults
MyFigureCollection: gamagooru

dreama1

« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2016, 04:03:08 am »
My collection is primarily all things SEGA. I also dabble in Xbox and Macintosh game collecting. I'm currently trying to focus on 8-bit SEGA (SG-1000, Master System and Game Gear). Aside from hardware and software, I really only collect magazines. And it hasn't gone past the SEGA and Xbox exclusive magazines.
You should bulk up on your saturn collection.

aliensstudios

« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2016, 11:26:01 am »
Anything but FPS.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2016, 11:29:30 am »
Game Boy Advance. I am attempting a full International set for that console, and that's because of preservation.

insektmute

« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2016, 02:48:48 pm »

Hello Stranger!  :o

When I started collecting I kind of bought anything I could find, but now I usually buy only what I am interested in.  Really though my collection specializes in buying to many games that I don't have time to play  ;D

Indeed, haven't seen you much on Twitter lately!

But yeah, too much backlog, but after a bit of excess with PS3 games, I reoriented my approach a little to try and focus in a bit more. I noticed that even with good handheld games, I just don't dig playing on handhelds all that much, so decided to scale back a ton there. Started cutting out series that I was just kinda so-so on like Disgaea, and will probably sell a few things. Fewer big collector's editions, since most of the stuff just sits in the box forever. So on and so forth. It's gone pretty well overall, though you can't prevent those occasionally disappointing games.

It's surprising what sticks, though. Pillars of Eternity and Metal Gear Solid V? Eh, they're OK, but not grabbing me like I'd hoped. Rise of the Tomb Raider and The Division? Fantastic!

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2016, 04:35:50 pm »
Game Boy Advance. I am attempting a full International set for that console, and that's because of preservation.

That's a lofty goal.  Good Luck!  Enjoy the ride!

stealthrush

« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2016, 01:48:11 am »
Japanese developed games.

« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2016, 09:37:52 am »
My collection mostly consists of arcade classics from the late 70's to the mid 80's. Whether it be Atari, Commodore, NES or Genesis, my collection is mostly arcade ports from that era. Also love racing games and sim games of pool or pinball. I'm also currently delving in to classic PC games from the 80's and early to mid 90's and on that front specialize in racing, sim or graphical adventure games like Full Throttle.

rryan60462

« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2016, 10:14:29 am »
As of right now i am primarily focused on completing my NA PS Vita official release set. But i do hunt for other systems as well. If its under 12.99 there is a decent chance i will buy it, and if its under 6.99 then there is a really good chance i will buy it haha. I am going out and buying a gamecube, ps2, and original xbox today so i can hook them up and officially have my first video game system cabinet.

doctorlaudanum

« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2016, 03:17:59 pm »
^ Congrats on your new stuff, rryan. Which cabinet is it? I've always wanted a personal arcade.
Always looking to buy Drakengard, Nier, and Siren collector's items.

rryan60462

« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2016, 05:20:30 pm »
^ Congrats on your new stuff, rryan. Which cabinet is it? I've always wanted a personal arcade.

Entertainent center i should say, but  have 8 square sections for consoles as of right now. I am going to attach custom backlights and LED's soon for each box to accent each system. While I am on the subject, I can seem to figure out how to post pictures here.Can someone help me?

desocietas

« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2016, 07:09:23 pm »
While I am on the subject, I can seem to figure out how to post pictures here.Can someone help me?

Yup! here are directions: http://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,6279.msg94463/topicseen.html#msg94463
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

sin2beta

« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2016, 08:29:00 pm »
My collection is primarily all things SEGA. I also dabble in Xbox and Macintosh game collecting. I'm currently trying to focus on 8-bit SEGA (SG-1000, Master System and Game Gear). Aside from hardware and software, I really only collect magazines. And it hasn't gone past the SEGA and Xbox exclusive magazines.
You should bulk up on your saturn collection.

I keep telling my wife and bank account that. They don't agree.  ;)
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

ffxik

« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2016, 09:18:18 pm »
Pretty much anything but sports titles.  Not saying I don't own some, but I don't actively look for them out in the wild.  Unless I need a replacement case for another game.