Author Topic: I can't even log in on the app...  (Read 22445 times)

Re: I can't even log in on the app...
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2016, 10:04:04 pm »
I made some further progress today, but still not all the way there yet.

Thank you! Another user here, same issue. We appreciate you looking into it! As others have mentioned, the fast list ability of the app is invaluable when we're out searching shelves. I know you're probably hating it and wrestling with it currently, but it's a great tool for the community and we're grateful for your efforts.

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2016, 10:23:31 pm »
Just to notify I got the same error here. I can't log in because my user and password doesn't match but I'm sure that both are correct. Thank you for everybody that is working on this for us  :)

« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2016, 08:14:11 am »
Sweet jeebus.  It let me log in this morning.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 07:24:45 pm by ignition365 »

topspot123

« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2016, 03:39:49 pm »
Sweet jeebus.  It let me log in this morning.

Nope.  Not me.  :(

« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2016, 10:35:35 am »
Unable to login with Moto g4 Play. Nothing happens upon pressing login button. I also made sure I was logged out of website in case of some weird conflict.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 10:38:23 am by badATchaos »

tripredacus

« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2016, 10:56:41 am »
I haven't been able to log in for awhile now. One positive thing is that now I won't buy games out in the wild, in case I have it already. Really has been saving the wallet.

« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2016, 09:24:33 pm »
I reinstalled it and now I get a message that either the user name or Password is incorrect. Is it possible there's some kind of android keyboard setting that's fucking with it?

« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2017, 07:02:59 am »
It is even impossible to download the android app for me, as a newbie I wanted to try it but even the download was impossible ...

By the way, this site is great !

« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2017, 09:28:02 am »
Same issue here... :(

I got a new phone and I can't log in. I'm 110% sure I've entered my username and password correctly.

Warmsignal

« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2017, 05:44:12 pm »
Yeah, can't log in. Installed to my new phone, just isn't working. Password works fine on the site, not at all on the app. Crazy question - Would it have anything to do with me being already logged into it on my old phone?

« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2017, 06:36:59 pm »
The app doesn't work for me either but i think it have something to do with the fact that VGC switched from HTTP to HTTPS recently (two or three months if i remember correctly), maybe the app didn't get the upgrade necessary to follow that change and still try to connect to the old URL.

desocietas

« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2017, 08:47:30 pm »
The app doesn't work for me either but i think it have something to do with the fact that VGC switched from HTTP to HTTPS recently (two or three months if i remember correctly), maybe the app didn't get the upgrade necessary to follow that change and still try to connect to the old URL.

Hm, good point. I have a vague recollection that Jason may have said something to the effect that "someone is working on this" but I'll have to go back through my messages to check.

Sorry for the inconveniences, folks! Hopefully the mobile site works well enough, though I know it'd be nice to have the app work, especially now that we have things like the barcode search.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

jason

« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2017, 09:34:52 pm »
I'm working hard to get an Alpha version of the new app ready to go out on the App Store. It is currently pending publication. I'll make a new thread once I'm able to have people start using/testing it out.

« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2017, 09:50:17 am »
Any news about the app?  :-\

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2017, 07:54:14 pm »
Just got a new Android phone, so wondering if this something that is still being worked on, or is it abandonware at this point?