Author Topic: I can't even log in on the app...  (Read 22443 times)

jason

Re: I can't even log in on the app...
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2017, 10:59:59 pm »
Just got a new Android phone, so wondering if this something that is still being worked on, or is it abandonware at this point?

Thanks for checking in!

You can check out the early version of what I have so far:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vgcollect.vgcapp&hl=en

It still only has minimal functionality (Log in, View Collection, View Wish List, View Sell List, Search, Add to Collection, Barcode Search)
I still need to add filtering by platform, Delete, Browse, but should be functional for now.

Also, I'm hoping to move the project to the original VGC App on the Google App Store one it is done, so that it's easier for people to find.

I welcome your feedback.

- Jason

jjfly

« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2017, 06:07:44 pm »
"Isn't available for your country"  :(

desocietas

« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2017, 11:01:08 am »
Just got a new Android phone, so wondering if this something that is still being worked on, or is it abandonware at this point?

I believe this is still being worked on. Jason had some of the admins check out a newer version of the app for feedback a few months back. Hopefully something soon for folks!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2017, 11:22:41 pm »
I was able to login with the new version. App seemed to believe I was logged in already on launch but once I logged out I got the user/password prompts.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2017, 01:34:34 pm »

Thanks for checking in!

It still only has minimal functionality (Log in, View Collection, View Wish List, View Sell List, Search, Add to Collection, Barcode Search)
I still need to add filtering by platform, Delete, Browse, but should be functional for now.

Also, I'm hoping to move the project to the original VGC App on the Google App Store one it is done, so that it's easier for people to find.

I welcome your feedback.

- Jason

I still can't login. It just tells me to put in a valid username/password. Which obviously I know I've got it correct because I'm signed in right now to the site as I'm posting this.

desocietas

« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2017, 01:36:54 pm »

Thanks for checking in!

I welcome your feedback.

- Jason

I still can't login. It just tells me to put in a valid username/password. Which obviously I know I've got it correct because I'm signed in right now to the site as I'm posting this.

Is there an option to sign out at all? I know I was having the same issue as lancer1977 where the app assumes I was already logged in even though I had just downloaded the app. Once I logged out, I was able to sign in again just fine. Also, are you using the most up-to-date version from the Google Play site?
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2017, 01:55:57 pm »
Well, there's a beta version, and a regular version; that I saw. I downloaded the regular version.

theflea

« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2017, 09:18:06 am »
I got a new phone and now i'm having this issue of not being able to log in.
I tried logging out on old phone now both cant log in. :(

I really need access to my list. Please fix this.
Thanks.
"Happy game hunting!!!"

jason

« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2017, 09:08:57 pm »
I got a new phone and now i'm having this issue of not being able to log in.
I tried logging out on old phone now both cant log in. :(

I really need access to my list. Please fix this.
Thanks.

Which version of the app are you trying to use?

theflea

« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2017, 02:59:18 am »
Tired both.
Original cant log into.
New bata, i log in and it just shows the word "collection"
Cant do anything else.

I just want the old app back. Nothing fancy just a list of the games.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 03:20:10 am by theflea »
"Happy game hunting!!!"

« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2017, 08:27:27 am »
Tired both.
Original cant log into.
New bata, i log in and it just shows the word "collection"
Cant do anything else.

I just want the old app back. Nothing fancy just a list of the games.
The new app has to download your collection.  My collection is a little under half yours and mine takes a minute or so to load.

theflea

« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2017, 05:23:19 am »
See that right there is a problem.
I liked the old app where i could look up a list fly though it and see what i have. I dont want it with tons of pictures making take longer to load.
Out garage salin' sometimes you dont get a strong signal and a text list was bad enough getting to load.

I got the new app to load but its one long list and takes forever to find something for me. Imagine it takes a minute to load 30 games. Now times that by 13,000. Not fun.

I love vgcollect but so far the new app sucks if your on the go and want to see something quick. Keep it simple guys.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 05:28:04 am by theflea »
"Happy game hunting!!!"

tripredacus

« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2017, 11:18:28 am »
I recently had to look up to see if I had a PS1 game someone asked me about. It took a long time to scroll on the app because the game started with an L. I'm not sure what the breakpoint of usability of the list concerning amount in the inventory, but I imagine anyone with over 500 items can see this problem.

I also tried to just view the site in the phone browser but I could not determine how to make the categories on the left show up.

« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2017, 11:22:58 am »
I recently had to look up to see if I had a PS1 game someone asked me about. It took a long time to scroll on the app because the game started with an L. I'm not sure what the breakpoint of usability of the list concerning amount in the inventory, but I imagine anyone with over 500 items can see this problem.

I also tried to just view the site in the phone browser but I could not determine how to make the categories on the left show up.
Turrible with the new app.  Old app isn't so bad since you can sort categories like the site.

Mobile should have a vertical "..." on the left.  Tap that and it should expand to show the category list.

retromangia

PRO Supporter

« Reply #44 on: July 24, 2017, 03:17:08 pm »
Jason,

PLEASE brother... re-enable the old app.  I'm starting to feel like I'm being ignored here.  The Flea, myself, and MANY others would REALLY appreciate this.

Please guys, It will only take a few seconds to re-enable the old app. Can we at least have an update on this topic?

thank you,
Retro