Author Topic: Final Fantasy Uncovered  (Read 4736 times)

silversyx

Final Fantasy Uncovered
« on: March 30, 2016, 10:53:10 am »
WHO IS EXCITED TO FIND OUT THAT FINAL FANTASY XV'S RELEASE DATE IS SEPTEMBER 30TH???.... 2019

kashell

Re: Final Fantasy Uncovered
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2016, 11:41:06 am »
Based on all of the footage I've seen, it just looks so...generic? I didn't get to play the demo that came with FF Type-0, but I get the impression it plays more like Uncharted and the story is about four dudes on a road trip.

Maybe someone can fill a brother in on what's going on. September will be here before you know it!

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2016, 02:04:53 pm »
Apparently it's leaked that a second demo will be announced tonight which will release tomorrow.

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2016, 04:29:27 pm »
I'm pretty stoked for the game.  The gameplay looks like a lot of fun, and I'm just glad to have a more open world game now that isn't the MMO side of things lol

Probably the only downside to the game is that the characters are fairly generic in design.  Hopefully they aren't the only ones that can join your party because of that.

*EDIT*
And they start off the show with...cosplay and I think a fashion designer for the actual clothing worn since it's apparently all real clothing.  Yup, thank you mute button lol I say that as someone that really likes cosplay.  This is more something you put in the middle of the show for filler.  Ah, apparently this is just pre-show stuff building up to the main event in the auditorium.

I love that Titan in this basically just looks like he's from Attack on Titan lol  This game really does look gorgeous.

There's a 5 episode anime made, all for free, the first episode online right now and the rest will be out by the release date.

Oh geez, there's a Final Fantasy XV movie with some insane visuals.  Kingsglaive is out this year, before FFXV, centering around the King, Noctis father.  Feature length.  Nearly life-like, but it didn't hit uncanny valley for me like Spirits Within. Lena Heady (Cersei from Game of Thrones) voices Luna from the movie. Sean Bean is King Regis lol Awesome stuff. And now Aaron Paul is in the movie playing Nyx.

-Justice Monsters Five is the new minigame for FFXV, but it'll also be available mobile.  Out before FFXV.

-And now there's something called "Platinum Demo", much like Duscae.  This isn't a chunk of the game, this is essentially a prologue standalone story built around young Noctis and Carbunkle.  It looks to take in a lot of the elements of the main game, but in a simpler way.  Kinda reminds me of like Kingdom Hearts with a spikey haired kid.  It's a prologue story/tech demo.  Completely free, out tonight on PS4/Xbone.  Beating it gets Carbunkle for free in FFXV.

-Deluxe Edition.  Steelbook, Game, and the Kingsglaive movie.  Along with some DLC.  And then ultimate Collector's Edition.  very limited Ultimate version, 30k, Square Enix store exclusive, pre-orders start at 9pm.

-September 30th date of course, but they end it on something cool.  THE CAR FLIES.  That one they show off all the time that is goofily Audi brand? Transforms into a flying car and I'm all over this lol
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 11:20:46 pm by kamikazekeeg »

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2016, 05:48:08 am »
Oh and played "Platinum Demo".  It's mostly abit of nothing you run around in for less than an hour.  It's much more tech demo than anything else since you don't do anything in it for most of the time other than seemingly collect pointless crystals around the locations or pointlessly attack enemies that don't give you anything and you can run past.  There's one legit fight at the end, but it's like a minute long at best.  Kinda disappointed.  Wasn't expecting another Episode Duscae (Which I never played, but I know it's just a chunk of the map basically), but you don't even really learn much about Noctis other than he has the very generic kid problem of his dad (the king) not being around to spend time with him.  That would've been better served as like a 5 minute monologue in one of their campfire moments in the main game lol

In the end, it's free, so it's harmless and not a huge deal, but they definitely made it out to be something more interesting than it was lol

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2016, 08:02:28 am »
Honestly when the demo news was leaked the day before; it kind of wound me up. I was thinking weve waited years for this game and they're going to give us another demo, just finish the frigging game!

However the event change all that.

To open with an introduction from Sakaguchi san; that was something small but something important to me.

The franchise sort of went off the rails when it entered double digits. I have fond memories of X but I know that it focused more on the cinematic and discarded a little of what FF is all about. Beyond that it went all over the place; XI and XIV (eventually) were solid MMOs but they were MMOs. XII tried to be this offline MMO type thing, it went for a unique art style etc; don't get me wrong it was a decent game but it wasn't good enough to be Final Fantasy in my mind. I fell in line and got hyped for XIII and for the fast pace, cinematic, action packed experience that it was, it was decent but the linearity really disappointed me and I didn't care much for the story. I've gone off on a tangent here but it serves a purpose...

I felt having Sakaguchi; the father of the franchise, was like a vote of confidence. If he is willing to give his backing, then it must be a return to form.

Then we had the trailer. 'Stand By Me' is a great song and Florence and the Machine are fantastic; ha it was all a bit cheesy having four guys travelling about and 'Stand By Me' playing in the background but I love cheese :D

The anime had me thinking, wow they are really trying hard here and a friend of mine was like "please just STOP. the game.... that's all we need" I felt I'd watch the anime but I didn't really get hyped about it.

Suddenly we have a trailer for a CGI movie. I'm like "OMG this is like Advent Children!" (I loved Advent Children). And you have all these announcements about the cast; Lena Headey, Sean Bean and Aaron Paul. Actors from some of the biggest TV shows of the modern era. That has me thinking this movie has as much thought behind it as the actual game; and honestly I'm probably more excited about the movie :D

The demo was still hanging over it all for me though, so when we got to that, to find out it's actually more of a prologue; that's a relief. This is something standalone, that they are giving me to play, it's not a chunk of the game and it unlocks a summon for the main game. I'm in.

The one disappointment for me so far is no word on a standalone Blu-ray release for Kingsglaive. I'm not really big on collector's editions. I own one or two but they were just ones I stumbled upon. So I'm never going to pay €270 for the edition with all the disks. If I have to I'll pay €90 for the mid tier with Kingsglaive on Blu-ray. However in an ideal world I can buy my FFXV in it's ordinary PS4 box, I can buy my Kingsglaive Blu-Ray and hell even the anime on a standalone Blu-ray too. So fingers crossed that is announced once the pre-order hype dies down.

Overall I'm super hyped now. FFXV is possibly tied with Star Ocean V for my most highly anticipated game of the year now.

kashell

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2016, 08:41:46 am »
I'm still wondering if the game will be fun. o__o

EDIT: Nearly 300 dollars for that special edition. Sheesh...
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 08:49:11 am by kashell »

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2016, 09:36:21 am »

I wonder how they come up with these prices.

The game - $60
Blu-Ray movie - $15
Blu-ray anime - $10
CD soundtrack - $15
Steel book case - $10
Artbook - $15
Statue - $40
DLC - Free (should be in the friggen game!)

So yeah by my estimate that's like $165. Yet they want $270....
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 10:06:13 am by kmacdw »

kashell

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2016, 10:11:49 am »

The game - $60
Blu-Ray movie - $15
Blu-ray anime - $10
CD soundtrack - $15
Steel book case - $10
Artbook - $15
Statue - $40

Exactly. But, that sort of silliness seems like Square SOP these days.

gf78

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2016, 10:16:41 am »
They can shove that $270 up their rears. 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

devancowan

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2016, 11:18:17 am »
WHO IS EXCITED TO FIND OUT THAT FINAL FANTASY XV'S RELEASE DATE IS SEPTEMBER 30TH???.... 2019

I read this was was like "Hell yeah! A new FF this year".   :'(

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2016, 11:21:23 am »
I pre-ordered the Deluxe Edition.

However if they announce a standalone Blu-ray release for Kingsglaive, I will cancel it and buy that and the game instead.

kashell

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2016, 11:30:59 am »
After doing the midnight release for FFXIII and the guide, I'm going to wait to get this one until the inevitable price drops that come with it. It'll be neat to see impressions, though.

desocietas

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2016, 12:07:43 pm »

The game - $60
Blu-Ray movie - $15
Blu-ray anime - $10
CD soundtrack - $15
Steel book case - $10
Artbook - $15
Statue - $40

Well, I know the price is high, but your estimates would be on the more "ideal" side... Art books can get up to $50 depending on what the publisher decides, and the Play Arta figures for the other characters are retailing for $130 on the Square Enix store. Also, from the pictures, there might be three steelbooks...? It's difficult to discern.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2016, 12:35:06 pm »
I have never played Final Fantasy but this event got me really intrigued. I'm gonna play the demo later today.