Author Topic: April 2016 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 22204 times)

telly

Re: April 2016 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #105 on: April 20, 2016, 11:12:02 am »
I bought Shenmue this past week, and also bought a copy of NFL 2K to salvage a disc tray since my copy of Shenmue didn't have one in the front for the first disc.

Now, to pick up a Dreamcast... If only I had the space for one  ::)

Great system! You need one now! Its one of the smallest I own, can't use the space argument!

For me, I'm probably going to move into another apartment soon, and since I don't know what the space will be like or who I may be living with I'd rather not have 4+ game consoles to drag around along with everything else.

Who knows though, maybe my new roomates are gamers as well  ;D

wait... your moving into a place you don't know with people you don't know? If your looking to relocate to the Dubuque IA area im looking for a roommate and it will probably be cheaper than where you live

I should clarify: I'm just planning on relocating to a cheaper apartment in my area, but I won't start looking until this winter/spring so I'm not sure what I'll find or what the roommate situation would be like.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 11:20:44 am by telly »
Currently Playing:
Alundra (PS1), Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #106 on: April 21, 2016, 10:09:34 pm »
I got something in the mail today that I'm really excited about.
It's my first PAL game!  I think shit just got real.

« Reply #107 on: April 22, 2016, 07:23:24 am »
I just got back from NYC, and picked up a few things from the Nintendo store.

Yoshi cap, KK Slider plush, Shyguy plush, hanafuda cards, Deku Link figure, Nintendo New York t-shirt, and three amiibos:, Timmy/Tommy, Famicom Robot, Charlizard.

Because Star Fox Zero was on the horizon they had a wonderful display featuring the actual puppets used in recent promotional material.

abe

« Reply #108 on: April 22, 2016, 08:12:21 am »
Got my Chib-Robo! Zip Lash Amiibo bundle in the mail today. I'm glad I waited to buy this because I managed to get it for less than it would've cost me to buy the Amiibo separately. :)
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

anagar

« Reply #109 on: April 22, 2016, 11:43:18 am »
I picked up a copy of Mad Max for the PS4. $20 off so I got it new for $20.

And I ordered:
PS4
Ether One
Magna Carta 2
PS2
Digital Devil Saga 2
PSP
Blazing Souls: Accelate
Valkyria Chronicles II

So waiting for those to come in
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 12:39:26 pm by anagar »
PSN,Wii U/NID:ANA_GAR XBL:ANAGARXB 3DS/FC:4441-9981-8329

mrfoxhound

PRO Supporter

« Reply #110 on: April 22, 2016, 12:52:59 pm »
Just bought these for a low price. Since I have a friend who works at Best Buy and gives me "deals", I was able to get these pretty cheap. I'll show you what I mean.

1. Bravely Second for 3DS
2. Dishonored for PS4
3. Resident Evil 6 for PS4
4. Uncharted: The Drake Collection for PS4
5. Starfox Zero - launch bundle for Wii U

Here's a sample photo:

EDIT: Nice pics, badATchaos. I live in Brooklyn, near Manhattan and I've gone there a couple times. They usually renovate every couple months. Always looks nice in there but it's always packed. Never liked that.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 01:04:15 pm by mrfoxhound »

Badges

desocietas

« Reply #111 on: April 22, 2016, 02:52:05 pm »
Just bought these for a low price. Since I have a friend who works at Best Buy and gives me "deals", I was able to get these pretty cheap. I'll show you what I mean.

2. Dishonored for PS4

Here's a sample photo:

That's crazy - your friend has to be careful. Could get fired/fined if he's doing anything too shady...
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #112 on: April 22, 2016, 02:56:27 pm »
I just got back from NYC, and picked up a few things from the Nintendo store.

Yoshi cap, KK Slider plush, Shyguy plush, hanafuda cards, Deku Link figure, Nintendo New York t-shirt, and three amiibos:, Timmy/Tommy, Famicom Robot, Charlizard.

Because Star Fox Zero was on the horizon they had a wonderful display featuring the actual puppets used in recent promotional material.

That looks awesome! I would love to visit a Nintendo store.

mrfoxhound

PRO Supporter

« Reply #113 on: April 22, 2016, 03:34:39 pm »

2. Dishonored for PS4

Here's a sample photo:

That's crazy - your friend has to be careful. Could get fired/fined if he's doing anything too shady...
Yeah both of us have 2+ years experience each in retail. We know the in and out. If the computer doesn't ask for a manager override, we're alright. Even then most of the time the manager doesn't bother verifying the BS price match and swipes then goes off to continue whatever they were doing. I don't abuse it too much but when I do, I do it at the right time with the right manager on duty.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 03:39:09 pm by mrfoxhound »

Badges

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #114 on: April 22, 2016, 04:01:20 pm »
Seems kinda scummy to me... unfair to everyone else buying games. Not sure if i would do that even if presented the opportunity.

mrfoxhound

PRO Supporter

« Reply #115 on: April 22, 2016, 04:09:11 pm »
Seems kinda scummy to me... unfair to everyone else buying games. Not sure if i would do that even if presented the opportunity.
I doubt it, sorry you feel that way though. Lots of things aren't fair in life.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 04:11:11 pm by mrfoxhound »

Badges

desocietas

« Reply #116 on: April 22, 2016, 04:15:16 pm »

I'd be too worried of someone auditing the system. They'd be able to easily see who was running the transaction. And I've heard too many stories of people losing their jobs and/or having their accounts locked over exploiting a loophole (even though it was legal).

Anyway, not trying to guilt you or anything - just don't want to hear another sad story of someone losing their job  :-[
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

mrfoxhound

PRO Supporter

« Reply #117 on: April 22, 2016, 04:18:15 pm »

I'd be too worried of someone auditing the system. They'd be able to easily see who was running the transaction. And I've heard too many stories of people losing their jobs and/or having their accounts locked over exploiting a loophole (even though it was legal).

Anyway, not trying to guilt you or anything - just don't want to hear another sad story of someone losing their job  :-[
It's fine, I told my friend several times I don't want to risk his job and he constantly insists that it's fine and he knows what he's doing. He does it because he feels like he owes me for the things I do even after I tell him he doesn't. I wasn't going to pass up on paying less, though. :P

I'm not going to keep beating on the subject, I don't think it's an issue. I'd understand tafk's concern if it were limited quantities and/or at a small retailer but it isn't. I mean, do you tell people who pick up rare games for a few dollars a piece that it isn't fair and it's scummy? There are plenty to go around, friend - you can't scalp this, lol. Don't need an ethics convo about it. I usually pay close to retail price most the time anyways, cut me some slack. So, those are my pick ups for now until maybe next month. More games added to the backlog. :)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 04:31:16 pm by mrfoxhound »

Badges

desocietas

« Reply #118 on: April 22, 2016, 04:34:42 pm »
Totally understood. Nice pickups indeed! The bf picked up Resident Evil 6 as well, but he hasn't tried it yet. I hope it's good!

And Bravely Second is definitely already on my backlog shelf... so many games in that backlog...
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

mrfoxhound

PRO Supporter

« Reply #119 on: April 22, 2016, 04:37:56 pm »
Totally understood. Nice pickups indeed! The bf picked up Resident Evil 6 as well, but he hasn't tried it yet. I hope it's good!

And Bravely Second is definitely already on my backlog shelf... so many games in that backlog...
Played RE6 on last gen and to me it was the worst in the series (Leon's part is best). I will say that it looks slightly better and runs a bit better than last gen though, so it has that going for it. Decent couch co-op game. I like to get rid of older version of games and upgrade to the HD/remaster versions. As for Bravely Second, I can't wait to dig into that, I 100% Bravely Default and sent friends an attack of like 99999.

Badges