Author Topic: April 2016 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 22991 times)

soera

Re: April 2016 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #120 on: April 22, 2016, 06:20:25 pm »
And Bravely Second is definitely already on my backlog shelf... so many games in that backlog...

Delete the rest and get started on Bravely Second. Its just as fantastic as the first game. Just hit 23 hours.

desocietas

« Reply #121 on: April 22, 2016, 06:39:47 pm »
And Bravely Second is definitely already on my backlog shelf... so many games in that backlog...

Delete the rest and get started on Bravely Second. Its just as fantastic as the first game. Just hit 23 hours.

Haha, but the first one is also in my backlog!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

mrfoxhound

PRO Supporter

« Reply #122 on: April 22, 2016, 06:51:57 pm »

Buying sequels before finishing the first game. Collecting problems.

Badges

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #123 on: April 22, 2016, 07:14:00 pm »

The real problem is buying games for systems that you don't own.
I bought a PSP and a XBone game this week.

desocietas

« Reply #124 on: April 22, 2016, 08:48:34 pm »

Once I started doing that, I knew I was in trouble. I avoided games for consoles I didn't own but then got burned when I finally started hearing about Xenoblade Chronicles after they became hard to find.  I ended up throwing that limit out the window. I figured that console prices will just keep going down but if I'm worried a game will sell out, better that I get it at a reasonable price rather than several years down the line while playing catchup.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

mrfoxhound

PRO Supporter

« Reply #125 on: April 22, 2016, 08:55:08 pm »

Yeah, I've never really heard of that before. That might be the final boss of collecting problems.

Badges

« Reply #126 on: April 22, 2016, 09:38:44 pm »
Went to goodwill and picked these up:
Namco museum vol 3 greatest hits ps1 cib 3$
Wii sports loose 3$

shepard11

« Reply #127 on: April 22, 2016, 10:48:33 pm »
I picked up a PSVita today through a trade. And now I look at the library of games for this system. I'm like okay why did I get this system?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 10:56:21 pm by shepard11 »

mrfoxhound

PRO Supporter

« Reply #128 on: April 22, 2016, 11:04:02 pm »
I picked up a PSVita today through a trade. And now I look at the library of games for this system. I'm like okay why did I get this system?
Yeah, I went into Best Buy today and not kidding, I only saw one generic JRPG sitting on the shelf. When I say one, I mean only one copy. One game. The entire shelf was empty. No Vita games. You should have done your research before buying/trading. It's pretty much a dead console.

Badges

shepard11

« Reply #129 on: April 22, 2016, 11:43:56 pm »
Yeah, I went into Best Buy today and not kidding, I only saw one generic JRPG sitting on the shelf. When I say one, I mean only one copy. One game. The entire shelf was empty. No Vita games. You should have done your research before buying/trading. It's pretty much a dead console.
I usually love dead consoles. I picked the Dreamcast and about 100 games a month after it died and I'm still playing it and collecting games for that system. It's actually the only system where I want to get all the American games for that system.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #130 on: April 22, 2016, 11:52:56 pm »

Once I started doing that, I knew I was in trouble. I avoided games for consoles I didn't own but then got burned when I finally started hearing about Xenoblade Chronicles after they became hard to find.  I ended up throwing that limit out the window. I figured that console prices will just keep going down but if I'm worried a game will sell out, better that I get it at a reasonable price rather than several years down the line while playing catchup.

Rare Replay was $10 new. It's not going to get cheaper than that.

desocietas

« Reply #131 on: April 23, 2016, 04:22:26 am »
I usually love dead consoles. I picked the Dreamcast and about 100 games a month after it died and I'm still playing it and collecting games for that system. It's actually the only system where I want to get all the American games for that system.

Even I've said the Vita was dead, but honestly the fans have been vocal and there has been some interesting developments in terms of physical Vita games.  Limited Runs has been in active talks with several developers and there are quite a number of Vita games in the work with them.

Also, Vita seems good for those who are not opposed to digital games.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

abe

« Reply #132 on: April 23, 2016, 09:17:45 am »

Even I've said the Vita was dead, but honestly the fans have been vocal and there has been some interesting developments in terms of physical Vita games.  Limited Runs has been in active talks with several developers and there are quite a number of Vita games in the work with them.

Also, Vita seems good for those who are not opposed to digital games.

This right here. I'm not saying the Vita is dead by any means, but it seems like as time goes on more and more publishers just don't bother with physical releases for North America. Thankfully, the Vita is still going strong in Japan with the huge Dragon Quest Builders and Minecraft userbases to keep it afloat. It's still too bad that the memory cards are so expensive. It would be nice if there was some way to use a regular old external hard drive with a PlayStation TV.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #133 on: April 23, 2016, 11:28:11 am »
all of what's listed here was for $18
-Sealed dreamcast web browser
The rest are mainly PS2
-the Document of Metal Gear Solid 2 (I have never even heard of thos before)
-Guilty Gear Souls
-Onimusha warlords
-Onimusha 2
-Onimusha 3
-Phantom Brave (with Soundtrack)
-Yugioh the Dueliest of the Roses

The last thing in that bundle was a Freeloader for the Gamecube which lets you play Japanese GameCube games.

abe

« Reply #134 on: April 23, 2016, 11:34:20 am »
Got a sealed copy of Deception IV: Blood Ties for the PS3 for $7. This is my first of those short-lived blue label PS3 games.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)