Author Topic: Do you have any unique video game quirks or rituals that you do?  (Read 5280 times)

I have seen some cool traditions and habits that some of my friends had. This girl I know saves the plastic cellophane from new games she buys and slices it carefully with a tiny razor so she can fold it and put it inside the case to preserve the plastic from when she first purchased it. She also has her games color coordinated by label art rather then alphabeticalized. It looks so amazing to see it. All the pink cover art games are together and the blue ones are all together ect. she probably has the most unique and organized collection I have seen.  My brother was sorta like that to a lesser extent, he saves receipts for everything he buys and sometimes bags from the stores. He has a box full of receipts in his closet for all the different games since the 90s. Some are from game stores that closed down years ago. Its cool to look back on the prices he paid too. One receipt says that he paid 3.50 for a Tomba lol.  I don't have too many quirks, one of mine would be that whenever I am given the option to pick a male or female character in games that let you pick I usually pick the girl character. Not sure why, I just think its always funner that way and I always did it since I was a kid. And my brother's receipt habit has rubbed off on me a little too. I save most of them when I can.

mrfoxhound

PRO Supporter

Re: Do you have any unique video game quirks or rituals that you do?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2016, 01:18:24 am »
I don't do anything special, but that girl seems more like she's suffering from some sort of obsessive compulsive disorder or something rather than having a "ritual."

Badges

shepard11

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2016, 01:26:30 am »
I usually change out the case when I get a new game because they usually look like someone shoved it up their butt when I buy them used. But I don't usually feel like it's mine until I do that.

mrfoxhound

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2016, 01:34:37 am »
I usually change out the case when I get a new game because they usually look like someone shoved it up their butt when I buy them used. But I don't usually feel like it's mine until I do that.
I'm the same way. If the case looks like crap, I won't really want to add it to my collection until I have a shiny new case for it.

Badges

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2016, 01:51:45 am »
Thank the gaming gods for my most recent purchase.  ;D
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2016, 11:39:28 am »
 I also pick a female character and use the same gamer tag.I save my receipts also and store them in the game cases

mrfoxhound

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2016, 11:49:11 am »
I also pick a female character and use the same gamer tag.I save my receipts also and store them in the game cases
What do you do when you have multiple games on one receipt? Also, you forgot to put "[/ url]" at the last part of your sig. Might want to fix that. Oh, and you put ur instead of url in the beginning of that code.

Badges

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2016, 01:13:03 pm »
I always immeadiatly have to get rid of all the store/price stickers, or any of those sticker labels on the top or side of the case that you break to open them.

I can't stand stuff all over the cover art. I do the same with CDs and movies, too.

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2016, 01:23:52 pm »
That chick sounds like she's suffering from some sort of a mental disorder like Ocd. :l

sworddude

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2016, 01:43:14 pm »
one of mine would be that whenever I am given the option to pick a male or female character in games that let you pick I usually pick the girl character. Not sure why, I just think its always funner that way and I always did it since I was a kid.

I always pick the male character when I have the chance since I like to imagine myself being that character while playing the game.
Your Stylish Sword Master!

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2016, 03:00:09 pm »
If I get multiple games at once, in order to decide which order to play the games, I do Eeny, meeny, miny, moe: however, instead of the game being chosen being played first, it is played last. I continue until there is only one game left: that way it builds suspense not not which game is going to be the one until the very end.

telly

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2016, 03:10:38 pm »
When it comes to naming a character, (if there isn't a default name in there already) I will always name my character "Hiro"

It's a nod to Neal Stephenson's book, Snow Crash, and I like how it's a pun of "Hero" It fits really well with Japanese RPGs and the like. :)
Currently Playing:
Super Paper Mario (Wii), Super Mario Bros. 3 (Wii U)

My music collection | My Backloggery

stealthrush

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2016, 07:54:54 pm »
When I buy a new game I open the case and smell the inside, manual, and plastic wrap. Weird but i've been doing it as long as I can remember.  :P

retromangia

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2016, 08:18:56 pm »
Anytime I ever buy a used game, It doesn't join the collection on the shelf until it's been thoroughly cleaned with a Windex wipe...I look at it like I'm wiping away the previous owner  ;D

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2016, 09:42:26 pm »
I will never use my real name in a game. It just feels weird having the game Address me