Author Topic: Rarer DS games restock on videogamesplus.ca : Infinite Space, Front Misson, more  (Read 1663 times)

Limeface

PRO Supporter

The site videogamesplus.ca has somehow got a restock of some rarer DS games for a fairly reasonable price.
Infinite Space and Front Mission have become rather pricey games to find CIB so this may be a good way to get them.

Infinite Space https://www.videogamesplus.ca/infinite-space-p-15681.html (In stock May 2nd)

Front Mission https://www.videogamesplus.ca/front-mission-p-13304.html

Valkyrie Profile https://www.videogamesplus.ca/valkyrie-profile-covenant-the-plume-p-15045.html

GTA Chinawars https://www.videogamesplus.ca/grand-theft-auto-chinatown-wars-p-14427.html 

Dragon Quest Rocket Slime: https://www.videogamesplus.ca/dragon-quest-heroes-rocket-slime-p-11291.html

Dragon Quest Monsters Joker https://www.videogamesplus.ca/dragon-quest-monsters-joker-p-13376.html

desocietas

Does anyone know much about the company? Their site says they have a deal that allows them to "re-publish rare hard to find games." This sounds so odd to me. Are these less desirable than the original prints? Or identical?

I did get Infinite Space to give them a try. Atlus retweeted a VGP tweet that teased more Atlus re-stocks, so I've been curious about them.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

abe

A little expensive, but pretty tempting. I might have to pick one up some time.

I did get Infinite Space to give them a try. Atlus retweeted a VGP tweet that teased more Atlus re-stocks, so I've been curious about them.

Ooooh, I wonder what'll get a reprint.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

maximo310

I decided to go for Infinite Space, since the average price cib right now is around $75-90, so $39 seems like a good deal.  I would have gotten Front Mission as well, but I already have the loose cart, so I'm hoping that I can still find a manual somewhere for cheap.

About the company itself, it seems like they do quite a bit of reprints as well as selling games/ reselling limited editions that are normally exclusive to a company ( Summon Night 5/ Stranger of Sword City). However, I've heard that their reprints are no different from the original version, which causes prices of those games to drop at least for a while. Kind of the same situation as the Game Quest Direct reprints for PS1/PS2 that dropped the value of those Megaten games pretty heavily.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 01:09:37 am by maximo310 »

desocietas

I decided to go for Infinite Space, since the average price cib right now is around $75-90, so $39 seems like a good deal.  I would have gotten Front Mission as well, but I already have the loose cart, so I'm hoping that I can still find a manual somewhere for cheap.

About the company itself, it seems like they do quite a bit of reprints as well as selling games/ reselling limited editions that are normally exclusive to a company ( Summon Night 5/ Stranger of Sword City). However, I've heard that their reprints are no different from the original version, which causes prices of those games to drop at least for a while. Kind of the same situation as the Game Quest Direct reprints for PS1/PS2 that dropped the value of those Megaten games pretty heavily.

I guess if they're no different from the original (and have the blessing of the publishers with proper licensing and all), then I'm all for that.  Prices shouldn't be so artificially high that people can't buy a game when all they want to do is play it.  Thanks for telling me more about the company! I hadn't been able to find any info anywhere, so now I feel a bit better about future reprints they might be doing.  I considered getting Front Mission, but not sure if it's my sort of game in the end. But I did pick up Infinite Space as a lot of folks say it's an excellent game no matter what your interests.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

maximo310

I guess if they're no different from the original (and have the blessing of the publishers with proper licensing and all), then I'm all for that.  Prices shouldn't be so artificially high that people can't buy a game when all they want to do is play it.  Thanks for telling me more about the company! I hadn't been able to find any info anywhere, so now I feel a bit better about future reprints they might be doing.  I considered getting Front Mission, but not sure if it's my sort of game in the end. But I did pick up Infinite Space as a lot of folks say it's an excellent game no matter what your interests.
Yep, that's pretty much why I jumped on Infinite Space, especially since I think Platinum is a very good developer as well.
Front Mission is a turn-based strategy rpg, and there's a ton of customization for each mech and some decently challenging maps. This version seems to be the best, since it has upgraded graphics, and an additional story mode compared to the original sfc version. I'd strongly reccomend it, having played through the game and grabbing both versions, if you like strategy rpgs. You can emulate the fan translation sfc version if you wanna get a taste of what the rest of the game is like.

I'm actually kinda of happy its getting a reprint, because this ds port ( original game is for sfc) was created after the fm game division saw the fan translation and wanted to reach out to the Western audience. They first tried a FM 1+2 pack for PS2, which was shot down by SE, so then in 06 after FM 5 was produced, the fm game divison used the remainder of their funds to release the FM 1 port to North America, but this meant that they had no marketing budget to advertise the game.

desocietas

Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas