Author Topic: May 2016 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 16626 times)

Re: May 2016 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #75 on: May 19, 2016, 06:58:05 pm »
Got my Sega adapter for the Tandy Color Computer in the mail today. Man what a difference. If you've ever played a coco game with any of the standard coco sticks they aren't the best. Now I've got a wico atari stick to play games like Stellar Life Line and I'm whipping all over the screen with precision and Rampage with a Genesis pad is pure heaven.

I also picked up Super Dropzone for the GBA for $3 at a local game store. Great defender style game, and although not really game related, I grabbed a Dell Pentium 4 computer from a thrift store for $20 with XP on it. Works great. I love fooling around with older computers. I might make it a dedicated Linux box.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #76 on: May 19, 2016, 11:23:41 pm »
Bought Descent for PS1 the other day!

SUCH a fantastic PC game back in the day. We used to play each other on our school's network in huge 16-player deathmatches. So much fun. And even better than Goldeneye was, even though that was hailed as the best multiplayer at the time.

The PS1 version is, unfortunately, half the game without the multiplayer. But the levels are still fun to play through.

I agree. Full 360 degree movement back then. Racing the clock to get out before the reactor explodes. All on a 486. It was awesome.

abe

« Reply #77 on: May 20, 2016, 07:01:21 am »
Got my copy of Valkyria Chronicles Remastered (PS4) in the mail, and also picked up a nice new copy of Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. (3DS) for $5. Seems like nobody wanted that game. It goes on sale all the time but this is by far the lowest it's ever been.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

tripredacus

« Reply #78 on: May 20, 2016, 11:07:01 am »
This probably won't count (because I likely won't add it into my collection) but I have purchased a fair bit of games for Steam from HumbleBundle/Humble Store Sale the past 2 weeks.

Aliens: Colonial Marines
Dead Island
Dead Island Riptide
F.E.A.R.
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1
Killer is Dead
Prototype
Saints Row 2
Supreme Ruler 1936
Transformers: War for Cybertron
Valkyria Chronicles
Vanguard Princess

desocietas

« Reply #79 on: May 20, 2016, 09:28:28 pm »
I haven't been posting my pickups lately, but I had one good and one disappointing pickup recently:

CIB Blue Dragon: Awakened Shadow (DS) for under $40 (crazy  how expensive this game is). Manual is a curled for a few pages, but maybe I can warm up the pages to flatten it. Has anyone attempted something like that or have a different method?

Poplocrois (PSP) for about $10. Thought I was able to get this CIB for cheap but when I opened it up, I realized the seller had the wrong game in the box. I checked the listing and saw that it was the wrong game in the pictures as well. Seller was nice about it and is willing to refund it if I send it back, but I kinda don't want to waste the money just to send it back.  I'll keep looking around for a UMD - the box and manual are in pretty good condition otherwise.

As for the game inside the box? nothing too interest. Just Untold Legends for PSP.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

soera

« Reply #80 on: May 21, 2016, 01:50:10 am »
Manual is a curled for a few pages, but maybe I can warm up the pages to flatten it. Has anyone attempted something like that or have a different method?

I will stick something like that under a big heavy box for a few weeks.

shepard11

« Reply #81 on: May 21, 2016, 11:17:03 am »

Poplocrois (PSP) for about $10. Thought I was able to get this CIB for cheap but when I opened it up, I realized the seller had the wrong game in the box. I checked the listing and saw that it was the wrong game in the pictures as well. Seller was nice about it and is willing to refund it if I send it back, but I kinda don't want to waste the money just to send it back.  I'll keep looking around for a UMD - the box and manual are in pretty good condition otherwise.

As for the game inside the box? nothing too interest. Just Untold Legends for PSP.

Had that happen to me a few weeks ago. Really wanted a copy of Star Wars Battlefront Elite Squardon (PSP) saw one on Etsy. Comes in the mail and it's the right case and booklet but wrong game they sent Star Wars Battlefront Rogue Squadron (PSP). They gave me my money back and told me to just keep it. Which is great but I already have Rogue Squadron guess I'll keep haunting the local places and hope for a Elite Squardon loose in the wild.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #82 on: May 21, 2016, 05:05:29 pm »
I got these at our first local comic convention today.

I also got a whole bunch of comics, including a bunch of early Spectacular Spider-Man issues from the 70s for $1 a piece!

theflea

« Reply #83 on: May 22, 2016, 12:07:51 am »
I had an incredible weekend from the garage sales. One find was first found over three years ago.  :o

First my store/online finds...

PS4
- Futuridum

VITA
- Futuridum

PS3
- Gran Turismo 6 (on a clearance table for $5)

Now for the garage sales.... (hoo boy where to start)
Went to several community sales the last three days, I must have hit over 200 sales in three days.  :o

Found some Pokemon toys for .5c each and a Sweet Tooth ice cream truck for .25c

Picked up 2 plug & plays for $1 each.

Found some more Disney Infinity figures I was missing.

First all the random games I find with no good story behind them other then I see them on a table and buy them.  :P
PS4
- Rocksmith 2014 ($1)

XBone
- Project Spark ($5)

XB360
- Rocksmith ($1)
- Sega Rally Revo ($1)
- Blue Dragon ($1)
- Lego Jurassic World ($5)

PS3
- Singstar vol. 2 ($1)
- Transformers: Dark of the Moon ($2.50)
- The Simpsons Game ($2.50)
- The Walking Dead ($3)

PSP
- Hot Wheels: Ultimate Racing ($1)

Wii
- Puppy Luv ($2)
- Shrek's Carnival Craze Party Games ($1)
- Iron Chef America ($1)
- Crash of the Titans ($2)
- Lego Lord of the Rings ($2)
- George of the Jungle ($2)
- Ben 10: Protector of Earth ($2)
- Rayman Raving Rabbids TV Party ($2)
- Disney Sing It Family Hits (with Microphone) ($2)
- High School Musical Sing It (with Microphone) ($2)
- Phineas & Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimention ($2)
- Six Flags Fun Park ($1)
- Rock 'n' Roll Adventures ($1)

NDS
- Elements Destruction (loose $1)
- Lego Star Wars the Complete Saga (loose $1)
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade Attack (Loose $1)
- Spore: Hero Arena ($1)
- Petz: Dogz Fashion ($1)
- Image: Animal Doctor ($1)
- The Price is Right ($1)
- Major League Baseball 2K7 ($1)
- Six Flags Fun Park ($1)
- 101 in 1 Sports ($1)
- Transformers Cybertron: Decepticons ($2)

XB
- Without Warning ($1)
- Namco Museum ($1)
- Lego Star Wars ($1)
- Ninja Gaiden ($1)

PS2
- Horsez ($2)
- Dance Dance Revolution X2 ($1)
- World Championship Paintball ($1)
- Power Drome ($1)
- Crash Nitro Cart ($2)
- 007 Everything or Nothing ($1)
- City Crisis ($1)
- Fast and the Furious ($1)
- Mace Griffin: Bounty Hunter ($1)
- Gungrave ($1)
- Devil May Cry 3 - Special Edition ($1)
- The King of Fighters 00/01 ($1)

GC
Asked at a few garage sales and they bring out Gamecube games.
- Ice Age 2
- Midway Arcade Greatest Hits
- Battalion Wars
- Metroid Prime (with echos bonus disc)
Got these 4 for $5.
- Looney Tunes: Back in Action ($1)
- Spyro: A Hero's Tail ($1)
And the last one that someone one brought out I picked out two games for $5 for both.
- Crash Tag Team Racing
- Mario Superstar Baseball

GBA/GB
At one garage sale I ask about games and they bring out a red GBA SP (001) and a Teal Game Boy Color with a bunch of games. I ask price and they wanted $30 for it all. I tried to get it for less but she decided to not sell the GBC at all and kept the GBC and 1 game (Wario World 3) but she sold the rest for $15.
GB
- Miner 2049er
GBC
- WWF Attitude
GBA
- GBAV Pokemon
- Midnight Club (missing label)
- Justice League Heroes: The Flash
- Teen Titans
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

PS1
Asked about games and the mother asks her kids and they said they had some PS1 games, he comes out with 3 games and he said he'd take $1 a piece. Sure why not.  :P
- Tomb Raider II
- Tomb Raider III
- Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation

Atari 2600
I find 2 Atari 2600 lots from sales, the first they had a bunch of games and 2 consoles. They wanted $40 for it all but I ask if they would sell a few games and they siad they would take a $5 for the 5 games I picked out.
- Video Olympics
- Mega Force
- Alien
- Wizard of Wor
CV
- Star Wars the Arcade Game (some reason their was one Colecovision game in there.) lol
Then I at another sale I ask about games and she brings out a bag full of Atari games. I ask a price and she $1 each I pick out a bunch and was about to pay her when she says she needs to ask her husband if its okay to sell them and next thing I know she tells me her husband doesn't want to sell them. The only one that was kinda rare was Miner 2049er II. oh well.

GEN
At one of the community sales I find a fellow collector selling whats left of his collection. He tells me he had a complete Genesis collection and sold it all on Ebay making over $30,000 (yikes) all he had left was mostly Sport games and a few empty cases. He sells me anything I wanted for $1 each.  All CIB unless stated. ;)
- Solders of Fortune (case only)
- Super Street Fighter II (case only)
- The Flintstones (case only)
- Target Earth (case only)
- Final Zone (case only)
- EA Sports 4-Way Play (CIB)
- Sega Team Player Multi-Player Adapter (CIB)
- Hardball III
- Jack Nicklaus Power Challenge Golf
- Mike Ditka Power Football
- Winter Challenge
- Mario Andretti Racing
- PGA Tour 96
- NHL '94
- Fifa Soccer 95
- ESPN Sunday Night NFL
- Mario Lemieux Hockey
- Sports Talk Football 93
- Dick Vitale's "Awesome, Baby!" College Hoops
- Wimbledon Championship Tennis
- Newman/Haas Indy Car
- Pro Quarterback
- Bulls vs Lakers and the NBA Playoffs
- Arnold Palmer Tournament Golf
- John Madden Football '92
- NCAA Football
- Unnecessary Roughness '95
- RBI Baseball '93
- RBI Baseball 3
- Super High Impact
- Triple Play Gold Edition
- Super Monaco
- Evander Holyfield's Real Deal Boxing
- Barkley Shut Up and Jam!
- James Buster Douglas Knockout Boxing
- George Forman's KO Boxing
- Foreman for Real
- Davis Cup Tennis
- WWF Super Wrestlemania
- WWF Royal Rumble
- Romance of the Three Kingdoms III (missing manual)

N64
Next are two excellent N64 finds.  8)
The first was on Friday at a community sale, I ask about games and the dad asks his kid if he wanted to sell the N64 he doesn't play. The kid just says I don't care and gives his dad some lip about it. The Dad starts yelling at him and I'm standing there feeling uncomfortable then the Dad just goes in and brings out a trunk with a N64 complete in the box and its the Star Wars Episode I Racer edition. Plus 15 games. I ask a price and he puts it back on me. I try for $30 but he says he wants $55. I try to get it all for lower but the best he would sell it for was $50. I had to get it.  ;)
- Star Wars Episode I Racer (not shown in the box with console.)
- Wayne Gretzky's 3D Hockey 98
- NFL Quarterback Club 2000
- MRC Multi-Racing Championship
- NBA In the Zone '98
- Chopper Attack
- Gex 64
- Big Mountain 2000
- Pokemon Snap
- Hexen
- Turok Dinosaur Hunter
- Power Rangers Lightspeed Rescue
- Clay Fighter 63 1/3
- Road Rash 64
- Star Wars Rogue Squadron
The next N64 lot was on Saturday, I stop at a HUGE gated community sale and at the second sale I stop at I ask about games and she says she had something and goes inside. As I wait I start talking to her daughter about my collection and I tell her how I love the classics and she then goes in to see if she could help her mom. The mom comes out with about 6 Xbox games. I look through them and see nothing I'm interested in. I was about to leave when her daughter comes out and says "is this the kind of thing your looking for?" and is holding a N64 game case.  :o I open it and see its FILLED with games I see a couple good games and ask a price for all of it and she says $20.  ;D ;D ;D
- Battletanx
- Battletanx: Global Assault
- Supercross 2000
- The Powerpuff Girls
- Army Men: Air Combat
- Hot Wheels: Turbo Racing
- Glover
- Madden NFL 2002
- Lego Racers
- Hey You, Pikachu!
- Pokemon Puzzle League
- Mario Tennis (torn label)
- Goldeneye 007
- Pokemon Stadium
- Pokemon Stadium 2
- Yoshi's Story
- Super Mario 64
- Mario Party 2
- Super Smash Bros. (torn label)
- Mario Kart 64
- Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards

SNES
At a random sale I stopped at, I ask about games and the guy says he had a Super Nintendo. He brings it out and as I go through it he starts to have second thoughts about selling it. He finally decides to keep the SNES and four games. (Mario Kart, Aladdin, and a couple sport games) but he was willing to sell all these for $15.
- Super Play Action Football
- NCAA Basketball
- NHL 95
- NBA Showdown
- NBA Live 96
- Madden NFL 95
- College Football USA 97
- WWF Super Wrestlemania
- WWF Wrestlemania the Arcade Game
- Top Gear 2
- Spider-Man / X-Men: Arcade's Revenge
- Final Fight
- Robocop 3
- Super Star Wars The Empire Strikes Back
- Super Double Dragon
- King of the Monsters
- Super Mario All-Stars
- Super Mario World

NES
On Thursday I stop at a sale and ask an older lady about video games, she tells me she has some Nintendo games at her house and she'll bring them on Saturday. I ask her to please hold them for me and I will be back on Saturday. I come back on Saturday morning and I find her daughter is running the sale, I ask her about the games her mom was supposed to bring and she shows me to a table in the back with the games out to sell. Lucky no one bought any. I ask what she wanted for them all and she says $6.  :o
- Super Mario Bros. / Duck Hunt
- T&C Surf Designs
- Tecmo Bowl
- World Cup
- Karate Champ
- Top Gun: Second Mission
- Operation Wolf
- Rad Racer
- RC Pro-Am
- Tetris
- Skate or Die
- Skate or Die 2
- Code Name Viper
- The Legacy of Kage
- Iron Tank
- Gumshoe
- Metal Gear
- Ninja Gaiden
- Double Dragon II
- Super Mario Bros. 2
- Super Mario Bros. 3
- Super C
- Mike Tyson's Punch-Out
- Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
- Felix the Cat  ;D

And last a garage sale find I originally found three years ago. At a sale I stopped at in 2013 I asked about video games, she tells me to follow her inside. She takes me downstairs and shows me three arcade cabinets. I loved them but at the time I had no space to even think of getting any of them. So I take pictures and call my friend who collects arcades and Pinball machines and send him pictures. He loved them but he was broke at the time so I left thinking someone else would get them. I always told the story of these arcades I would have loved to get and many have told me I should have bought them and store them or something. Well about a month ago I stop at a garage sale and I ask the lady about video games, she said her daughter had some arcades and wanted to get rid of them. I ask does she know what games they were and she says two of them and I was stunned I pull out my phone and show her the picture I took three years ago and ask if these where them? And she looks at me funny and says yes. So she takes my number and I get a call back this week to come look at them. I get there and look at them and they where in the same place I saw them 3 years ago. I talk price and they accepted $200 a piece. So I rented a truck and brought them home. Hauling full size arcades from a basement was a chore. I'm still sore from moving three arcades. lol Here's what I got.  ;D
- Street Fighter II Championship Edition
- Donkey Kong 3
- The Simpsons Arcade Game

« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 03:52:50 am by theflea »
"Happy game hunting!!!"

maximo310

« Reply #84 on: May 22, 2016, 12:39:04 am »
Damn that is an wickedly awesome haul. Congrats on the cabs as well, they look like they're in really good shape.

sworddude

« Reply #85 on: May 22, 2016, 05:39:23 am »
Insane pickups

6 $ for all those nes games and all those low prices for n64 lots.

Can't tip those pickups with those prices.

That street fighter cabinet is nice. Art work looks interesting.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 07:00:54 am by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #86 on: May 22, 2016, 10:05:29 am »
Great pickups Flea. You must be running out of space by now  ;D

I bought a PS4 console Uncharted limited edition.

Flashback2012

« Reply #87 on: May 22, 2016, 11:37:00 am »
Insane pickups

Can't top those pickups with those prices.

I know right?! theflea is like the bloodhound of classic gaming. :o

That's not the worst custom marquee I've ever seen though the naming of it makes me wonder if there's a Rainbow bootleg board in that machine. At least the bezel is legit.  :P

That DK3 machine is dead sexy and in really nice condition.   :)

desocietas

« Reply #88 on: May 22, 2016, 12:01:55 pm »
Always love reading these stories from theflea every week. So envious of that Simpsons cab!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

sworddude

« Reply #89 on: May 22, 2016, 12:35:47 pm »
Insane pickups

Can't top those pickups with those prices.

I know right?! theflea is like the bloodhound of classic gaming. :o

That's not the worst custom marquee I've ever seen though the naming of it makes me wonder if there's a Rainbow bootleg board in that machine. At least the bezel is legit.  :P

That DK3 machine is dead sexy and in really nice condition.   :)

I do agree with you on that the DK machine is the one that collectors want I prefer street fighter myself.

The street fighter cab has interesting art work usually different I do kinda recognize the art from a bootleg cardridge I have. I find it to be interesting so I kept it. Offical art would look different that's true.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 12:37:28 pm by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!