Author Topic: Does anyone find the PS3, and xbox 360 boring?  (Read 13394 times)

dreama1

Does anyone find the PS3, and xbox 360 boring?
« on: May 12, 2016, 05:31:12 pm »
Does anyone find the PS3, and xbox 360 boring now? Apart from the JRPGS/RPGS. Like you play these games once and never touch them again or return? Replay value basically.

rayne315

Re: Does anyone find the PS3, and xbox 360 boring?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2016, 05:45:06 pm »
more or less but the major difference is that back before then (ps2 and back) I had to rely on my parents to buy games for me. meaning I had a very small amount, ~20 at any given time, so if I wanted to play a game chances were great that I was replaying something. now-a-days I can purchase my own games and as such always have a new never before played by me game just waiting for me to beat the game im on. out of nostalgia I will play games that I played in my youth again and only the best of the best games multiple times.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2016, 06:14:46 pm »
To me games haven't changed since 2005; other than visuals of course.

desocietas

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2016, 06:31:39 pm »
Geometry Wars was pretty fun. And I remember being really into the indie games of Xbox Live when it first got started.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

dreama1

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2016, 06:43:05 pm »
Geometry Wars was pretty fun. And I remember being really into the indie games of Xbox Live when it first got started.
Oh yeah, agreed. The indie game "Lights End" was really great. If you liked chrono trigger/final fantasy you would enjoy it.
But now that you mention it the sad thing is I probably spent most time playing indie/arcade games outside a few other big titles.

dreama1

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2016, 06:44:54 pm »
To me games haven't changed since 2005; other than visuals of course.
Hmm.. yeah that's interesting observation.  I think you're right, or at the very least its slowed to a crawl since that year.  I think I would take it futher than most i'd say 2008-2009 was a peak year and its been in decline since that year. The audience growing of course but the flooring and foundation below them crumbling and falling apart.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 06:54:16 pm by dreama1 »

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2016, 07:38:01 pm »
The biggest achievement since then has been larger open environments. That's being aided by newer platforms have more RAM.

azure

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2016, 09:29:28 pm »
Not at all for me, some of my favorite games have come from the generation.

stealthrush

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2016, 09:51:52 pm »
Does anyone find the PS3, and xbox 360 boring now? Apart from the JRPGS/RPGS. Like you play these games once and never touch them again or return? Replay value basically.

Not at all - at least for me. Then again I never cared for any big-budget video game series for this generation, I really appreciate XBLA HD re-releases of arcade classics. Especially SNK Playmore, Capcom and Sega titles that have an active online-community. Hopefully a substantial PS4 price will drop around the time The King of Fighter XIV is released this year *fingers crossed*.

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2016, 10:00:54 pm »
I always thought the PS3 was abit boring, especially when I had a 360, but since I sold off my PS3, and my 360 I put back into its box, I haven't felt a big need to bring it back out, other than to play some Guitar Hero.  There are good games I'd go back to play though, especially now that it's been awhile since I played them.  Some day I might think about doing so as long as I have a working console and they haven't been brought to PC or remastered on something else.

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2016, 12:14:29 am »
For me PS3 is a good console, but I understand what you're trying to say. I think replay value is an issue not only on the consoles, but with most AAA games. Normally you just go from beginning to end without any side-quest or things to collect, and when there’s this stuff it’s boring or not useful.

The same goes for gameplay+ and trophies. They are there just for the sake to say the developers putted than there. That’s way nowadays I more into indie games, or at last one of the factors.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2016, 12:55:22 am »
Nope, still love my ps3, 360? Was nver really a xbox fan, i just have it for the exclusives.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

retrogemcollector

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2016, 04:47:44 am »
I've always been a casual gamer, till the PS3 launched. Then I just became obsessed with the hardware and little by little, the games became more and more interesting to me. Now I consider myself a serious collector/gamer and I can say I put more time into ps3 games than any other consoles before and after. Sure it pissed me off that it took almost 6 years till multi platforms start looking decent but I never gave up loving the system. Also maybe the fact that it was the first console that I bought with my money has to do something with it. I am trying to get all the console variation ever released to public all over the world, and will always consider it as the centre piece of my collection.

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2016, 06:17:34 am »
90% of the time my PS3 serves as a bluray player. I've only got a handful of games for it but the ones I have I enjoy. Portal 2 and Need for Speed Hot Pursuit are two of my favorite games of the last 5 or 6 years. Never owned a 360, not a big fan of paperweights.

kashell

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2016, 08:17:10 am »
I don't have a 360 anymore, but I don't find the PS3 boring in the slightest. It's a great system that I continue to play and plan to continue to play. Since I enjoy trophy hunting, there are still a few games on there that I want to platinum.