Author Topic: Does anyone find the PS3, and xbox 360 boring?  (Read 13381 times)

Re: Does anyone find the PS3, and xbox 360 boring?
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2016, 10:53:58 pm »
I think 360 and PS3 are in the purgatory that every previous gen console gets stuck in. It isn't nostalgic yet and it isn't new and flashy. Not enough time has passed to make us miss It but In 10 years it will be nostalgic and collectible and we will love it again. But right now its all about PS4 and One. Which are pretty much 360 and PS3 with better graphics in all honesty. And it doesn't help that One and PS4 are rereleasing a lot of the gems from last gen on the next gen consoles. It limits are reasons to go back.

sworddude

« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2016, 09:25:39 am »
I think 360 and PS3 are in the purgatory that every previous gen console gets stuck in. It isn't nostalgic yet and it isn't new and flashy. Not enough time has passed to make us miss It but In 10 years it will be nostalgic and collectible and we will love it again. But right now its all about PS4 and One. Which are pretty much 360 and PS3 with better graphics in all honesty. And it doesn't help that One and PS4 are rereleasing a lot of the gems from last gen on the next gen consoles. It limits are reasons to go back.

What about the wii?

Same period, same gen yet way more games that are actually memorable and definitely raising in price big time.

PS3 And xbox 360 overall just inferior games of ps4 etc. Way less memorable unique games. Titles like the last of us or GTA will never be memorable on those inferior systems and games like journey or certain rpg's are already rising in value. Nothing will chance there aren't to many interesting titles out there anyway for these systems.

Your logic does not make any sense I highly doubt we will see a grow in prices of xbox 360 and ps3 except for the few unique titles and special CE. If it actually was the case than it should have been the same as wii wich it is not.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 09:47:05 am by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

Warmsignal

« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2016, 09:58:11 am »

What about the wii?

Same period, same gen yet way more games that are actually memorable and definitely raising in price big time.

PS3 And xbox 360 overall just inferior games of ps4 etc. Way less memorable unique games. Titles like the last of us or GTA will never be memorable on those inferior systems and games like journey or certain rpg's are already rising in value. Nothing will chance there aren't to many interesting titles out there anyway for these systems.

Your logic does not make any sense I highly doubt we will see a grow in prices of xbox 360 and ps3 except for the few unique titles and special CE. If it actually was the case than it should have been the same as wii wich it is not.

I somewhat agree. The same way the Xbox and PS2 really aren't rising in value like GameCube, other than some niche games. Wii was my favorite, and I think it'll definitely be the tougher console to track down in the future by a lot, as will the Wii U.

gf78

« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2016, 11:02:17 am »
What about the wii?

You are all over the place in your reply.  LOL.  But let's go through it.  The reason a few Wii games are rising in value is because they are Nintendo-made games which all rise in value as time passes.  This doesn't make them any more "memorable" than PS3 or 360 games.  This has been the case with Nintendo titles since the NES.

I would argue that at least on a technical level, pretty much all PS3 and 360 games are superior to Wii games.  Wii was a travesty of taking games and shoehorning crappy waggle-wand controls on them.  This had the effect of making great games play like shit. 

The value of particular games will grow for PS3 and 360 titles, the same as it has for PS1, PS2 and Xbox titles.  Don't think so?  Go try to find cheap copies of the Star Wars Xbox games.  I agree that Nintendo games hold a high value, but that doesn't mean that the library of games on PS3 and 360 are crap.  There is a reason why games like Last of Us and LittleBigPlanet have received accolades out the ass:  Because they are great games.  You can choose not to see it or ignore it, but the proof is in the pudding as they say. 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

sworddude

« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2016, 01:25:45 pm »
What about the wii?

You are all over the place in your reply.  LOL.  But let's go through it.  The reason a few Wii games are rising in value is because they are Nintendo-made games which all rise in value as time passes.  This doesn't make them any more "memorable" than PS3 or 360 games.  This has been the case with Nintendo titles since the NES.

I would argue that at least on a technical level, pretty much all PS3 and 360 games are superior to Wii games.  Wii was a travesty of taking games and shoehorning crappy waggle-wand controls on them.  This had the effect of making great games play like shit. 

The value of particular games will grow for PS3 and 360 titles, the same as it has for PS1, PS2 and Xbox titles.  Don't think so?  Go try to find cheap copies of the Star Wars Xbox games.  I agree that Nintendo games hold a high value, but that doesn't mean that the library of games on PS3 and 360 are crap.  There is a reason why games like Last of Us and LittleBigPlanet have received accolades out the ass:  Because they are great games.  You can choose not to see it or ignore it, but the proof is in the pudding as they say.

I don't really like realistic games would rather watch a movie than play a game. realistic games are garbage to me. I don't care about value and if I did I would have CE of certain realistic games or certain (crappy rare games) wich are worth quite allot.

Furthermore games like the last of us or GTA and grand tourismo will always be replaced with superior versions of these kind of realistic games. Older versions are inferior and will never be played again. Why would you if there are better versions out there?

Crappy Games like little big planet are just not in the same ballpark lvl as mario or other nintendo franchise games. No offence but I don't like most of the sony mascots they are pretty bad in my opinion.

Nintendo games have inferior grapics but why would you need the same grapics if the games are not realistic. For realistic games excellent grapics are a must but for games like mario stafox etc It isn't a big deal less is needed to make things look smooth.

Sure new mario games come out but the older titles are different that it is worth it to actually play the older games. These days the older titles are even better than the newest titles and they are different. Every mario kart game is different, every smash bros game is different, every mario 3D or 2D game is different wich is the main reason why nintendo games hold their value the games are unique.

Also the controls on the wii worked perfectly fine. The button placement for games like mario galaxy were excellent. The only reason that many complain is because you sometimes have to move the controller while with a normal controller you don't

You can say what you want but in my opinion there are pretty much no real titles that stand out to me and that will not be replaced by a superior version and are actually worth to be played in the future when plenty of better versions come out.

I have to say though that the ps2 has some unique titles wich are awesome but ps3 library on the otherhand is pretty mediocre with the exception of very few titles, especially for me since I don't care about realistic games wich is the specialty of the ps3 and xbox 360.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 01:38:38 pm by sworddude »

gf78

« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2016, 01:52:23 pm »
I don't really like realistic games would rather watch a movie than play a game. realistic games are garbage to me. I don't care about value and if I did I would have CE of certain realistic games or certain (rare games) wich are worth quite allot.

Furthermore games like the last of us or GTA and grand tourismo will always be replaced with superior versions of these kind of realistic games. Older versions are inferior and will never be played again. Why would you if there are better versions out there?

Crappy Games like little big planet are just not in the same ballpark lvl as mario or other nintendo franchise games. No offence but I don't like most of the sony mascots they are pretty bad in my opinion.

Nintendo games have inferior grapics but why would you need the same grapics if the games are not realistic. For realistic games excellent grapics are a must but for games like mario stafox etc It isn't a big deal less is needed to make things look smooth.

Sure new mario games come out but the older titles are different that it is worth it to actually play the older games. These days the older titles are even better than the newest titles and they are different. Every mario kart game is different, every smash bros game is different, every mario 3D or 2D game is different wich is the main reason why nintendo games hold their value the games are unique.

Also the controls on the wii worked perfectly fine. The button placement for games like mario galaxy were excellent. The only reason that many complain is because you sometimes have to move the controller while with a normal controller you don't

You can say what you want but in my opinion there are pretty much no real titles that stand out to me and that will not be replaced by a superior version and are actually worth to be played in the future when plenty of better versions come out.

I have to say though that the ps2 has some unique titles wich are awesome but ps3 library on the otherhand is pretty mediocre with the exception of very few titles, especially for me since I don't care about realistic games wich is the specialty of the ps3 and xbox 360.

You should preface your post to show it's your opinion, because clearly it is.  You call LittleBigPlanet crappy, but most people loved it and it won a ton of awards.  The community made millions of levels for it and Mario Maker can't hold LittleBigPlanet's jock in terms of quality and depth of creation.

You say every Mario Kart and Smash Bros. is different and aside from characters and stages, that is categorically false.  They are the same damn game over and over with different characters and stages.  They play exactly the same.  If anything, the games you criticize for being the same like Gran Turismo or Grand Theft Auto change a helluva  lot more from each entry than the games you praise.  Over 30 years and Mario still runs and jumps on shrooms and the Zelda games are just repeats of every Zelda game that came before.  Aside from Adventure of Link, each title in that series is a rehash with a new "Link" character.  Where is the progression in that?

I'm not going to say that Nintendo games aren't fun, but you've turned the topic of whether the game libraries are boring into a topic of which games are worth the most.  I could just as easily say that Nintendo is sinking deeper and deeper each generation and now, they aren't even trying.  But does that have anything to do with the topic?  Not really.

I personally don't give two shits if a game is "realistic"  or not.  It has no bearing on my enjoyment of the game.  But the Wii was trash, picked up by casuals and grandma's to play bowling.  The library is overwhelmingly made up of shovelware and quite frankly, the "best" games on the system like Mario Galaxy and Zelda sucked...IMO.  The world moved on beyond Nintendo back in the mid 90's.  I'd take Destiny, LittleBigPlanet, Doom, Gran Turismo or any number of games on PlayStation or Xbox over Nintendo.

If not for PlayStation, we wouldn't have great games like Metal Gear Solid, Resident Evil, Silent Hill or Tomb Raider.  I've had more fun playing the Uncharted games and the Last of Us than I have ever had on a Nintendo system since the SNES. 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition

desocietas

« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2016, 01:55:51 pm »
gf78 never used the word "realistic," just "technical." Specs-wise, he's correct.  In regard to the games themselves, I think that's all up to the gamer's opinion.

I personally don't care much for most Nintendo franchises, but I really enjoyed LittleBigPlanet. It was good because it offered a lot of creativity, was family friendly, and fostered a good multiplayer and level-building community.

There wasn't a lot of need for the Wii U to have remade versions of Wii games either since it could play games from both generations.  I think that was a mistake on the part of Sony and Microsoft - I would've been a lot more open to buying their newer consoles had they had support for last gen.  Remastering or remaking games from last gen was a good way to keep those IPs alive and encourage people to move on to the current gen, but also devalues the original titles.

If there's anything to note, the PS3 is doing well still in Japan, so new games are still be released for the PS3 along with the PS4. It's definitely not a boring library for me, but if you're not an RPG fan, it's certainly not for you.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

sworddude

« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2016, 02:04:14 pm »

I personally don't give two shits if a game is "realistic"  or not.  It has no bearing on my enjoyment of the game.  But the Wii was trash, picked up by casuals and grandma's to play bowling.  The library is overwhelmingly made up of shovelware and quite frankly, the "best" games on the system like Mario Galaxy and Zelda sucked...IMO.  The world moved on beyond Nintendo back in the mid 90's.  I'd take Destiny, LittleBigPlanet, Doom, Gran Turismo or any number of games on PlayStation or Xbox over Nintendo.

If not for PlayStation, we wouldn't have great games like Metal Gear Solid, Resident Evil, Silent Hill or Tomb Raider.  I've had more fun playing the Uncharted games and the Last of Us than I have ever had on a Nintendo system since the SNES.

That's your opinion, Furthermore Realistic or not Games like uncharted etc are not my cup of tea. I'm only mentioning the term realistic since 80% of the enitre library consists of realistic games. The mascots aren't that great allot of unrealistic games on ps3 aren't great either, just my opinion deal with it.

Also not a survival horror game fan, metal gear is nice though the older games that is.

Furthermore I do like my Rpg's but the newer FF games are definitely not for me.

desocietas

« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2016, 02:13:38 pm »
Furthermore I do like my Rpg's but the newer FF games are definitely not for me.

Yeah, some of the newer FFs are definitely hate/love for people. There's also Kingdom Hearts, the Tales Of games, Ni No Kuni, Star Ocean, Trails of Cold Steel, and a whole bunch of Atelier games.

Persona 5 was slated to be released on both PS3 and PS4, but I'd be surprised if they released it for PS3 in the west when it actually launches.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

gf78

« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2016, 02:22:04 pm »
That's your opinion, Furthermore Realistic or not Games like uncharted etc are not my cup of tea. I'm only mentioning the term realistic since 80% of the enitre library consists of realistic games. The mascots aren't that great allot of unrealistic games on ps3 aren't great either, just my opinion deal with it.

Also not a survival horror game fan, metal gear is nice though the older games that is.

I said you should preface your opinions as such.  Nothing for me to deal with.  It's not like your opinions of PS3 games is going to change the years of enjoyment they have given me.  It's not like your claim that 80% of the library consists of "realistic" games which is categorically false as well. 

Everyone is entitled to feel the way they want.  I mean, you think Sega games are great when in reality the vast majority suck and everyone else knows that.  But hey, opinions right?

gf78

« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2016, 02:23:19 pm »
Yeah, some of the newer FFs are definitely hate/love for people. There's also Kingdom Hearts, the Tales Of games, Ni No Kuni, Star Ocean, Trails of Cold Steel, and a whole bunch of Atelier games.

Persona 5 was slated to be released on both PS3 and PS4, but I'd be surprised if they released it for PS3 in the west when it actually launches.

Hush now!  You know damn well that Kingdom Hearts, Tales, Ni No Kuni, Star Ocean, Atelier, etc. are all "realistic" games and you aren't going to change my opinion on that.  Deal with it. 

desocietas

« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2016, 02:28:24 pm »

Hush now!  You know damn well that Kingdom Hearts, Tales, Ni No Kuni, Star Ocean, Atelier, etc. are all "realistic" games and you aren't going to change my opinion on that.  Deal with it.

First thing that came up in my head... ;)

8)
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

kashell

« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2016, 02:37:31 pm »
Where did 80% even come from? That has to be from a random number generator or common core mathematics.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2016, 02:42:09 pm »

This about sums it up. I wouldn't call it purgatory, though, I'd call it collector's heaven! Been doing this since the SNES and Genesis went out of popularity and every system since. $5-$10 a pop for a game is the best time to bulk up your collections.

sworddude

« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2016, 02:46:01 pm »

I said you should preface your opinions as such.  Nothing for me to deal with.  It's not like your opinions of PS3 games is going to change the years of enjoyment they have given me.  It's not like your claim that 80% of the library consists of "realistic" games which is categorically false as well. 

Everyone is entitled to feel the way they want.  I mean, you think Sega games are great when in reality the vast majority suck and everyone else knows that.  But hey, opinions right?

Who says that I wanted to chance your opinion, plenty of people love the xbox 360, ps3 etc yet I'm not one of those guys.

It is BTW you who actually responded to my post wich was not even intented to you.

I'm pretty sure it is around 80% not that most of the other games are any good anyways. Like I said realistic games are the tradmark of these consoles only reason why I use the term. Never stated it is exactly 80% just an estimate.

95 - 99% of ps3 games suck in my opinion, ps3 and xbox 360 are the worst consoles ever made. I would not even want to see them games like uncharted on my shelves even if i got them for free. Would litterally toss them in the garbage can that's how much i appreciate most of the ps3 xbox 360 console games.

I like especially older games and I pretty much don't care about current gen very few titles that pick my interest.

Also your statement about rehash and little variety is also pretty false for the mario (kart) and smash games allot of things are different. Also the story line of the zelda game is also plenty different from other games i could give examples but there are far to many to state.

Yet with titles as infamous, the next parts are just slightly better and the older games are far inferior and usually not worth it to play once again unless they messed up the new games. With assasins greed only the best titles with a certain time period will be replayed the others will be forgotten. Especially the first game was forgettable.

Furthermore with all consoles the fast majority sucks however I'm not collector that collects everything I only collect the minority of good titles including for sega. Personally I don't like trash on my shelves, that you collect filler titles is just your way nothing against it ;)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 03:08:15 pm by sworddude »