Author Topic: Game of Thrones 05/15/16 episode: Oh HELL Yes!!!  (Read 2178 times)

gf78

Game of Thrones 05/15/16 episode: Oh HELL Yes!!!
« on: May 16, 2016, 11:20:56 am »
Any Game of Thrones fans here?  What did you folks think of the new episode?  While I've enjoyed the series immensely, I've felt like they were mostly treading water for the last season and this one so far.  Well, the "game of thrones" kicked into high gear last night with some big moments.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

desocietas

Re: Game of Thrones 05/15/16 episode: Oh HELL Yes!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2016, 01:49:38 pm »
Last night's episode was a lot more interesting than the first few episodes... I completely agree that it felt like it was just hitting plot points without any real momentum being built.

Definitely interested in seeing where things go from here...  ;D
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

gf78

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2016, 02:10:16 pm »
Last night's episode was a lot more interesting than the first few episodes... I completely agree that it felt like it was just hitting plot points without any real momentum being built.

In the name of all that is holy, please kill Ramsay Bolton.  Other than that, here is a list of items that I think really need to be addressed!

1)  Where is Arya's direwolf Nymeria?  She needs to come back and eat Ramsay's face off!
2)  Ghost needs to come help eat Ramsay's face off!
3)  Shaggydog better not be dead because he needs to help eat Ramsay's face off! 
4)  Summer needs to show up and help eat Ramsay's face off!
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition

desocietas

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2016, 02:14:18 pm »

In the name of all that is holy, please kill Ramsay Bolton.  Other than that, here is a list of items that I think really need to be addressed!

1)  Where is Arya's direwolf Nymeria?  She needs to come back and eat Ramsay's face off!
2)  Ghost needs to come help eat Ramsay's face off!
3)  Shaggydog better not be dead because he needs to help eat Ramsay's face off! 
4)  Summer needs to show up and help eat Ramsay's face off!

hahahah

I know; one of the saddest deaths so far was Shaggydog, in case that really was him  :o
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

gf78

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2016, 02:37:24 pm »
I know; one of the saddest deaths so far was Shaggydog, in case that really was him  :o

I don't think it was.  The head was kinda small for a direwolf for one, and two - the Umbers are fiercely loyal to the Starks, at least in the books unlike the Karstarks.  I think it's a ruse. 

I know there will be a big battle this season, probably the 9th episode.  Looks like Littlefinger has the Knights of the Vale ready to march on Winterfell and I couldn't help but laugh as Tormund Giantsbane seductively ate his chunk of meat while eyeing Brienne up and down!   :P

desocietas

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2016, 02:46:03 pm »
I couldn't help but laugh as Tormund Giantsbane seductively ate his chunk of meat while eyeing Brienne up and down!   :P

Hahah, my bf was loving that part!
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

gf78

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2016, 03:20:02 pm »
I couldn't help but laugh as Tormund Giantsbane seductively ate his chunk of meat while eyeing Brienne up and down!   :P

Hahah, my bf was loving that part!

LOL...it was a highlight on an already great episode.  As soon as they came through the gates, Tormund was eyeing her.  I really like his character and hope he plays a significant part in upcoming episodes. 

In other GoT news, I really, really hope the theory on John Snow's lineage is true.  I don't know if you have read the books or not, but there are some very interesting theories about him and Tyrion.  The rumors that Tyrion may very well not be a true Lannister were (to me at least) given an ounce of credibility when he removed the collars from Rhegal and Viserion whom have allowed no one but Daenerys to even get close to them. 

Oh and kinda off topic a bit, damn South Park for getting the "Weiner Weiner Weiner" song to the tune of the opening GoT music stuck in my damn head!

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2016, 03:23:23 pm »
I'm watching. I have been since the very first episode.  It's the best show on tv... ever.

You can really tell that things are getting close to winding down.  The whole series is going to have to come to a head.   It's started to go that way.  If all these theories are true, it's going to take a while to work them in.  It's getting fired up to go out with a bang!

gf78

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2016, 03:35:03 pm »
I'm watching. I have been since the very first episode.  It's the best show on tv... ever.

You can really tell that things are getting close to winding down.  The whole series is going to have to come to a head.   It's started to go that way.  If all these theories are true, it's going to take a while to work them in.  It's getting fired up to go out with a bang!

Have to agree turf...this is the best show on tv...ever.  They probably have about two seasons left after this one.  I don't care about the whole Dorne thing.  I hope Danny stops by on her way to Westeros and lays waste to the sand hos. 

Game of Thrones has shown that happy endings usually don't happen.  But man...I would love for the series to end with John Snow on the iron throne with Daenerys and Tyrion at his side.  Cersei dead too. 

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2016, 04:35:53 pm »
Daenerys is my favorite character.  I'm ready to see her kick some ass and march on to King's Landing. 

The thing with Tyrion and the dragons was interesting.  I love that little shit.  He drinks and knows things!

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2016, 05:12:44 pm »
Love the show and this season does seem a lot better than season 5 for me. Correct me if I'm wrong but they are kind of making it up as they go now aren't they? I heard the latest book wasn't finished in time so they've been doing their own thing which I think is good, even if it does delve heavily into fan service. I do think there will be a lot of payoffs in that regard this year, especially with the hints to both Jon Snow and Tyrions true bloodline. The tower of joy flashback was great. R+L=J right?

BTW, I thought Lor San Tekka was killed in the Force Awakens, who knew he'd show up in GoT :D

deftommo

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2016, 06:54:17 am »
Love the show and this season does seem a lot better than season 5 for me. Correct me if I'm wrong but they are kind of making it up as they go now aren't they? I heard the latest book wasn't finished in time so they've been doing their own thing which I think is good, even if it does delve heavily into fan service. I do think there will be a lot of payoffs in that regard this year, especially with the hints to both Jon Snow and Tyrions true bloodline. The tower of joy flashback was great. R+L=J right?

BTW, I thought Lor San Tekka was killed in the Force Awakens, who knew he'd show up in GoT :D

Yeah, the show has gotten into some stuff that the books haven't made it to yet. I'm sure they've got some sort of direction from Martin in general, though. I read an interview with him where he said there was going to be spoilers for the next book this season, but that the show wont include quite a bit of what the next books has at the same time.

As long as I get to see the (younger) Red Lady naked a few more times I'm good with book spoilers...  8)

gf78

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2016, 10:08:18 am »
Yeah, the show has gotten into some stuff that the books haven't made it to yet. I'm sure they've got some sort of direction from Martin in general, though. I read an interview with him where he said there was going to be spoilers for the next book this season, but that the show wont include quite a bit of what the next books has at the same time.

As long as I get to see the (younger) Red Lady naked a few more times I'm good with book spoilers...  8)

Martin gave the producers an outline of what is going to happen through till the end.  Naturally, things will occur differently but the end result should be similar.  In the short term, I just want to see John Snow and Sansa lead the wildlings to Winterfell, meet up with the Knights of the Vale and destroy Ramsay.  Actually, I really want to see Sansa chop Ramsay's dong off as retribution for raping her and chopping Theon's dong off.  Then she can kill him.  Or like I said before, have all the direwolves eat his face off.   :P

And I wanted to say I'm grateful you pointed out the younger Melisandra.  Seeing the crone version was akin to rapidly letting the air out of a balloon if you catch my drift.   :o

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2016, 04:56:54 pm »
Ramsay is quickly eclipsing King Joffrey as the biggest prick you want to see die a horrible death on the show.

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2016, 12:20:02 am »
Man, holy shit the latest episode. That was an ordeal.