Author Topic: Halo: The Fallen(Prologue)  (Read 3814 times)

jcalder8

Halo: The Fallen(Prologue)
« on: March 12, 2012, 10:44:04 pm »
It's a fan made video. I was very impressed with the quality of it and if the budget really was only $200 I'm even more impressed.

killerchameleon

Re: Halo: The Fallen(Prologue)
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2012, 06:47:03 am »
The CGI software to produce that move cost more than 200, I know you can say the person already owned the software but the cost of the software has to come to account the movie could not have been made without it.

dstone

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2012, 01:34:22 pm »
Cost of the software, the computers, the video editing platform, the cameras, mics, lights, etc., etc. It'd be easy to blow over $5k alone on camera gear, never mind the computer or the software.

I remember when I first got 3DS Max. Had been saving for years (buying that program was going to be like setting off a nuke on my bank account) and the boss surprised me with an old version as a gift. Such powerful software.

jcalder8

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2012, 10:26:02 pm »
dstone, I have always wanted to do work with a program like that but I just don't have the skills to do it.

What do you use it for?

dstone

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2012, 11:51:02 pm »
It started out as tinkering, then moved in to rendering buildings created by some custom software that interfaced with AutoCAD. I actually used to work for an Autodesk authorized reseller providing tech support and training for AutoCAD, 3DS and Revit while I was in school working on my AAS. When that company shut down I wound up shifting majors largely due to my exposure to 3DS. Took classes on basic modeling, advanced rendering and animation (covering things like integration with video and camera tracking and stuff) and finally character design and animation. Ever play The Neverhood? This is my interpretation of Klogg, the antagonist.

After I moved on to complete my bachelors I went back to just tinkering. I need to dive back in to it again, it's a bit scary how much I've forgotten. I've gone back to doing all of my modeling in AutoCAD and then using Max to apply materials and rendering. I'll be finishing my BS in Broadcast Journalism this semester so hopefully I'll have a bit more time to dive back in and maybe incorporate a bit into my video projects.

jcalder8

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2012, 12:02:20 am »
I love the look of that Galaga.

dstone

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2012, 12:11:10 am »
I really enjoyed working on the 3D arcades. Might do some more to get back into the swing of things.

Finally found my file that had some of the work with lighting. Managed to get the marquees to light up. Don't really remember what was up with trying to get the screen to glow.

Here's a model I was working on in AutoCAD:

scott

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2012, 12:31:36 am »
Wall-E! Love that film.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread