Author Topic: Im sure this is a touchy subject but ...  (Read 3064 times)

soera

Im sure this is a touchy subject but ...
« on: March 13, 2012, 10:43:40 am »
I have a game I bought online that didnt mention it didnt have a label at all (River City Ransom). I would like to replace the label if possible. Anyone know how to make some good labels or where to get some?

scott

Re: Im sure this is a touchy subject but ...
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2012, 11:46:50 am »
If I had a copy of river city ransom I could prolly make you a new label for it. As for getting it printed with adhesive backing... I'm not certain where to go.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

soera

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2012, 01:02:34 pm »
Its not an expensive game per se ... just really dont feel like buying a second copy of a game I actively searched for online and bought a first copy of. Maybe you will find a copy soon! I dont care about adhesive backing ... glue works just fine for me.

jcalder8

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2012, 11:25:40 pm »
I have heard that there are places out there that you can get replacement labels from but I'm not sure what they are. Personally I don't agree with having replacement labels available but I can see when it would be needed.

scott

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2012, 11:29:47 pm »
Personally I don't agree with replacement art either. But if it's for his own use and not to sell it off as legit, I'd be fine with helping out, if I could.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

ffxik

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2012, 01:23:36 am »
Well I don't know if this will help.  Here is the retail box art, since I don't know what the cart label looked like. I don't know if this can be used to build a new one or not.  :-\

http://www.thecoverproject.net/view.php?game_id=5294

foxhack

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2012, 01:52:30 am »
The Cover Project is great for people who want to display their games with a touch of class. :) I'd use 'em if I had a way to print replacement inserts cheaply.

But I don't think they have replacement label images.

ffxik

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2012, 03:31:23 am »
They do, but they are few and very far between.  I think the biggest share are in the N64. 

soera

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2012, 10:51:41 am »
Ive already been to coverproject and they only have boxes. As far as labels go, I dont mind replacement labels. The end result is what I care about. Whatever it takes to get there (other than something blantently illegal) is fine with me. People replace the 72 pin connector in old systems ... doesnt make them less valuable I wouldnt imagine. Label is just a sticker heh

ffxik

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2012, 12:53:29 am »
Ive already been to coverproject and they only have boxes. As far as labels go, I dont mind replacement labels. The end result is what I care about. Whatever it takes to get there (other than something blantently illegal) is fine with me. People replace the 72 pin connector in old systems ... doesnt make them less valuable I wouldnt imagine. Label is just a sticker heh

Nah most of their labels are usually for the N64 for whatever reason.  Actually here is the one for Paper Mario.

http://www.thecoverproject.net/view.php?cover_id=6545

Also you could try asking on the request forums.  They are happy to do them if they can.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 12:55:50 am by ffxik »

darko

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2012, 01:23:26 am »
Well I didn't know you needed it THAT bad...I can make you one.

soera

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2012, 01:17:47 pm »
Awesome. Ill show you the crappy copy I have next Saturday when we meet up. :)

darko

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2012, 10:25:01 pm »
Ok...and yeah, thanks for reminding me. I completely forgot about that!

In the meantime I'll try to find a nice copy of the game to hijack an image from.